5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roaming Lost - 2020 Ram Rebel EcoDiesel

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Swapped out all my Baja lighting for Rigid and added a few for good measure 😄
50" Rigid Adapt
2x D-XL Ditch lights
2x 6" Rigid 360s Spots
2x 4" Rigid 360s SAE Ambers
DSC05495.jpg DSC05487.jpg

traveller09

Reaction score
So you are truly off roading your ecodiesel. What are your thoughts? How is it holding up after taking some abuse? Do you feel it is robust? I want to pull the trigger on an ecodiesel for an off-road platform just mentally working through the fear/hesitation. Thanks

Roaminglost

Reaction score
So you are truly off roading your ecodiesel. What are your thoughts? How is it holding up after taking some abuse? Do you feel it is robust? I want to pull the trigger on an ecodiesel for an off-road platform just mentally working through the fear/hesitation. Thanks
i do offroad it. and it handles everything I've done so far. i just got the rock sliders so now I'm not so scared to get body damage so the harder trails ill be hitting this year.

Rollint

Reaction score
What are your concerns?

traveller09

Reaction score
What are your concerns?
My biggest concerns are long term reliability. I want a diesel for an off road platform so I love the idea of the ecodiesel, but the gen 3 isnt a proven platform yet. I have heard comments like "my dealer told me to treat it with kid gloves". That doesnt lend someone to trust it as a platform to venture far from home on. I know for every complaint there are 1000 people with no problems so I try to take it with a grain of salt. I would love the comfort of Toyota reliability but I dont think we will see that anytime soon with the big three. I guess I am trying to get comfortable with the level of risk I am willing to accept.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
My biggest concerns are long term reliability. I want a diesel for an off road platform so I love the idea of the ecodiesel, but the gen 3 isnt a proven platform yet. I have heard comments like "my dealer told me to treat it with kid gloves". That doesnt lend someone to trust it as a platform to venture far from home on. I know for every complaint there are 1000 people with no problems so I try to take it with a grain of salt. I would love the comfort of Toyota reliability but I dont think we will see that anytime soon with the big three. I guess I am trying to get comfortable with the level of risk I am willing to accept.
I’ve driven my truck far from home and been weeks out on the road and have had no issues.

my cousin works for RAM as an engineer. And he worked on the 1500 team and reassured me that the gen 3 engine is built well.
But it’s all opinions. I think I made a good choice for my needs and happy with it!

traveller09

Reaction score
I’ve driven my truck far from home and been weeks out on the road and have had no issues.

my cousin works for RAM as an engineer. And he worked on the 1500 team and reassured me that the gen 3 engine is built well.
But it’s all opinions. I think I made a good choice for my needs and happy with it!
Appreciate the feedback, good to know. I think you mentioned that in one of your videos. Looking at where you have taken your rig does make me feel more comfortable.

pnw_rcutv

Reaction score
Swapped out all my Baja lighting for Rigid and added a few for good measure 😄
50" Rigid Adapt
2x D-XL Ditch lights
2x 6" Rigid 360s Spots
2x 4" Rigid 360s SAE Ambers
Curious, why did you swap from the Baja lights to the Rigid? How do you like the 360's compared to the LP6 and XL80's you had before?

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Switched from Falcons to Bilsteins 6112's. I Will be switching the rears to 5160s soon but for now, running the Falcon rear shocks as well. I also added in the Total Chaos Fabrication uni-ball upper control arms. So far way better than the previous setup. A lot like the stock setup, the Falcons rode pretty stiff.

I'm on the highest setting on the bilsteins. and haven't had any issues. A bit of rubbing with the 35s but might be able to solve it with an alignment adjustment.
DSC01750.jpg DSC01757.jpg DSC01775.jpg

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Switched from Falcons to Bilsteins 6112's. I Will be switching the rears to 5160s soon but for now, running the Falcon rear shocks as well. I also added in the Total Chaos Fabrication uni-ball upper control arms. So far way better than the previous setup. A lot like the stock setup, the Falcons rode pretty stiff.

I'm on the highest setting on the bilsteins. and haven't had any issues. A bit of rubbing with the 35s but might be able to solve it with an alignment adjustment.
View attachment 81090 View attachment 81091 View attachment 81092
Great upgrade! I ran Total Chaos previously as well on my Tundra build. They can get quite noisy at times but performed great!

Justingraves9

Reaction score

View attachment 81090 View attachment 81091 View attachment 81092
Have you had any issues with the Total Chaos UCA? Just bought a pair to switch out the Mopar Lift ones on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/