5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roaming Lost - 2020 Ram Rebel EcoDiesel

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to share my build process.
These trucks are so awesome and underrated in the overland / offroad community.

If you want to follow along more in-depth follow me on Instagram.

I'll try and list all the mods here in the first post as I update the truck...

Wheels, Tires, Suspension:
Fuel Offroad Shok 18x9 -12 Wheels
Cooper Tires S/T Maxx 35x12.5
Falcon 2.25” Sport Tow/Haul Shock Leveling System

Exterior:
Front Runner Outfitters 10 Slat Rack
Front Runner Outfitters 2M Awning
Front Runner Outfitters 11 Gallon Water Tank
Crux Moto Fog Light Tint
Decked Drawer System
Maxtraxx

Interior:
67 Design Series 55 Rail System
Midland MXT275 Radio

Lighting:
Baja Design LP6 Bumper Lights
Baja Design XL80 Sport Ditch Lights
Baja Design S1 Chase Lights

Electrical:
RedArc Manager30
Renogy 100w Solar Panel
Renogy 1000w Inverter

RNI-Films-IMG-50F124B8-8B47-444C-A2C0-C3603EF8B0AA.JPG RNI-Films-IMG-D075CD2B-774D-4DED-9AB6-B57060AAF329.JPG

Last edited:

Roaminglost

Reaction score
It seems silly to replace a battery when you get a new truck but these Odyssey batteries have never failed me. And 50 more CCA over OEM.

DSC00308.jpg DSC00316.jpg DSC00328.jpg DSC00323.jpg

Downytide

Reaction score
I like this a lot, it's rather unusual to see a quad cab with diesel, almost all diesel Rebels in Canada are crew cabs.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
I like this a lot, it's rather unusual to see a quad cab with diesel, almost all diesel Rebels in Canada are crew cabs.
Thanks! Yeah I haven’t seen a EcoDiesel Rebel on the road yet.

Downytide

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah I haven’t seen a EcoDiesel Rebel on the road yet.

In Canada (specifically Ontario), all Ecodiesel trucks seem to be loaded, how are you liking it so far?

And please keep us posted on the Falcon shocks, to be honest, I thought those were 35's instead of stock, I really dig how this truck looks.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
In Canada (specifically Ontario), all Ecodiesel trucks seem to be loaded, how are you liking it so far?

And please keep us posted on the Falcon shocks, to be honest, I thought those were 35's instead of stock, I really dig how this truck looks.
Yeah, luckily this one wasn't fully loaded. It doesn't have the sensors and automated driving kinda stuff and no bed features. but works for what I needed.

yeah, stock tires get you by for sure! 35's are coming tho ;)

Csmith13

Reaction score
Hey there! I follow you on Instagram and I’m really enjoying watching all of the mods you do to this truck and I’m thinking about getting the falcon suspension set up! The only thing I was concerned about with the kit was the fact that it doesn’t come with an upper control arm so I was wondering if you would be able to post a picture of what the upper control arm ball joint angle looks like with the truck on the ground? It would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Hey there! I follow you on Instagram and I’m really enjoying watching all of the mods you do to this truck and I’m thinking about getting the falcon suspension set up! The only thing I was concerned about with the kit was the fact that it doesn’t come with an upper control arm so I was wondering if you would be able to post a picture of what the upper control arm ball joint angle looks like with the truck on the ground? It would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
Thanks for following along! A shock level doesn't require an upper control arm replacement. works with OEM

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Nice job; I am still waiting on my Falcon system. What setting did you go with (2-inch or 2.25-inch)? Also, any trimming needing with the 35s on the -12MM offset wheels?

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Nice job; I am still waiting on my Falcon system. What setting did you go with (2-inch or 2.25-inch)? Also, any trimming needing with the 35s on the -12MM offset wheels?
-12 offset and I had to remove the "mud flap" and trip a bit but nothing crazy

traveller09

Reaction score
Love your truck. I am looking at doing something similar. I still trying to decide between RAM Rebel and Tundra TRD Pro, Heart vs Head decision. Regardless I am finding it next to impossible to find a loaded Rebel with the EcoDiesel and RAM Boxes minus air suspension and multi function tailgate. Actually I dont think I have found one yet. If I go RAM I may have to order or give up on the RAM Box. Regardless keep Posting!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Love your truck. I am looking at doing something similar. I still trying to decide between RAM Rebel and Tundra TRD Pro, Heart vs Head decision. Regardless I am finding it next to impossible to find a loaded Rebel with the EcoDiesel and RAM Boxes minus air suspension and multi function tailgate. Actually I dont think I have found one yet. If I go RAM I may have to order or give up on the RAM Box. Regardless keep Posting!
If you’re looking for something specific I would just order one! Takes longer but faster than finding one on the lot.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
@Roaminglost; finally got my Falcon system installed. The truck ride is a lot stiffer than I expected (ran Icons before so know about digressive shock ride quality but the Falcons seem stiffer, at least initially) but the big issue is I only netted 1.25-inches on the "level" setting so nothing close to the advertised 2-inches of front lift. My shop and Falcon can't seem to figure it out as the part number looks correct and everything bolted right up. My truck doesn't look like it will fit a 35.

Your truck looks like it got closer to 2-inches of front lift but was hoping if you recorded any before or after measurements (especially when you still had the stock 33s on)? If not, can you take a quick measurement from the ground to bottom of the front tow hooks and to bottom of front fenders? Thanks!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
@Roaminglost; finally got my Falcon system installed. The truck ride is a lot stiffer than I expected (ran Icons before so know about digressive shock ride quality but the Falcons seem stiffer, at least initially) but the big issue is I only netted 1.25-inches on the "level" setting so nothing close to the advertised 2-inches of front lift. My shop and Falcon can't seem to figure it out as the part number looks correct and everything bolted right up. My truck doesn't look like it will fit a 35.

Your truck looks like it got closer to 2-inches of front lift but was hoping if you recorded any before or after measurements (especially when you still had the stock 33s on)? If not, can you take a quick measurement from the ground to bottom of the front tow hooks and to bottom of front fenders? Thanks!
Weird yeah the truck got stiffer for sure. i thought it was the same at first but yeah idk I guess not so much anymore now that I think back on it but its not unbearable I guess.

anyways did you set the ring at level on the front shock? mine came with it on the level setting. but maybe it shipped diffrently.
my measurements wont be the same because I have the 35s on it but ill go measure it later today

Users who are viewing this thread