5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrofitting the 33 gallon tank

Scoot332002

Reaction score
DC018413-33E2-4587-95F8-F98826C8C48F.jpeg I swapped out the 23 for the 33 gallon today. These quick disconnect tools worked well. Also, Thanks to the great write ups on this thread. I still need to have it the truck programmed for DTE.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Finally...
cce2d91ec49fef9680e93a8e31581165.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
What tool are yall using for the fuel pump lock ring? I usually used a brass chisel and hammer on older vehicles but I dont want to mangle this one if it's plastic.

MaxCarnage

Reaction score
How long is it taking for all the parts to come in for you guys? I had my dealer order mine (They offered me a good discount). They told me the evap module was on back order, but should get released off back order in about 2 weeks.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
I've had everything but the tank bc of backorder for a month and half. Ordered tank April 22 got it today.

TDP154

Reaction score
I got fed up with waiting for the evap canister to get off backorder and found some in stock on ebay. Figures they went with the slowest shipping option possible. Ordered it April 30 and estimated to arrive May 10... Looks like it is being driven all the way across the country instead of flown. Sigh.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
And while you're waiting to install it, you can fill it with 33 gallons of beer, sit on the couch and enjoy it to your heart's content! :D
Would get maybe 15-17 ppg (pee trips per gallon)

CKCKCKCK1

Reaction score
~3 hours and it's done! Everything smells like gasoline now. The most difficult part was getting the fuel fill hose clamp (green area) loosened due to the tight space and angles. After a bit, I realized that the tank had shifted forward a few inches... making it nearly impossible to get the socket in there. A quick shift backwards and then off to the races. If you didn't relieve the fuel line pressure, I'd strongly recommend having a rag ready for when you take off the fuel line quick-connect fitting.

I used a open ended crescent wrench and a hammer on the the lock ring. Turn the wrench sideways and slide one of the sides into the smaller holes on the outside of the ring and give it a few taps.

If I had to do it again, it should only take 30 minutes.

1620481685639.png

Tellsch

Reaction score
Nice work!

I just had the mount from Rammit's buddy for the 3rd strap welded in today. Fit perfect and now have the peace of mind knowing the tank is properly supported. Strongly recommend getting that mount!

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice work!

I just had the mount from Rammit's buddy for the 3rd strap welded in today. Fit perfect and now have the peace of mind knowing the tank is properly supported. Strongly recommend getting that mount!
Glad to hear it the mount worked. I know I felt better having it on. Of all the modifications I have done, installing this tank had been the best decision yet

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
I messaged him back around New years once. He said he could make one, I messaged back few days later never replied.

MerzkeM

Reaction score
@Rammit I would be interested in purchasing a strap mount as well.
@Rammit Could you provide the contact information for your friend who made the mount? I'm interested in getting one as well. Also, did he use the tank installed to figure out the placement and then removed the tank to weld it?

Thanks!

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I messaged him back around New years once. He said he could make one, I messaged back few days later never replied.

I know he’s very busy and works a lot. Usually pretty good at responding though. Let me know if your interested and I will help if j can

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Rammit Could you provide the contact information for your friend who made the mount? I'm interested in getting one as well. Also, did he use the tank installed to figure out the placement and then removed the tank to weld it?

Thanks!
Just pm’d you his info

Users who are viewing this thread