5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

Marky Mark

Reaction score

Bellpa

Reaction score
This is the one I bought.

Thank you! Wasn’t sure because others said they paid $300+

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Thank you! Wasn’t sure because others said they paid $300+
You do have to add the bypass module though which takes it to $269 once you select that option. I already had one as I did the 12" screen swap from Infotainment and it came with the bypass.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Installed the setup this morning. I bought the parts separately, which totaled approx $800 for everything. Whether you do that or the the Infotainment kit, it all installs very easily. My parts all installed without issue. I’m very happy with the swap and found this thread to be a wealth of information and guidance!! Thank ya’ll!!

kjn86

Reaction score
Installed the setup this morning. I bought the parts separately, which totaled approx $800 for everything. Whether you do that or the the Infotainment kit, it all installs very easily. My parts all installed without issue. I’m very happy with the swap and found this thread to be a wealth of information and guidance!! Thank ya’ll!!

Can you confirm/deny if you had heated tow mirrors before? If not, do you have heat now? If you already had heated tow mirrors, you should have heat without having to do anything. I want to confirm you can do from unheated to heated after the ODBGenie. Thanks! Glad you got it done. $800 isn't too bad especially as compared with $1500+ from infotainment.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Can you confirm/deny if you had heated tow mirrors before? If not, do you have heat now? If you already had heated tow mirrors, you should have heat without having to do anything. I want to confirm you can do from unheated to heated after the ODBGenie. Thanks! Glad you got it done. $800 isn't too bad especially as compared with $1500+ from infotainment.
I did have heated tow mirrors before, so I cannot confirm if the Genie will provide heat if you didn't have them originally. I would contact them to confirm.

Mike 67

Reaction score
Could we make a sticky with all the Mopar part numbers needed (using the generic black mirrors like the kit sold by infotainment)?
Checked out the available mirrors and was amazing how many options there are. What was frustrating was some of the part numbers didn't show the correct pic of the part. Worried about ordering the wrong items.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Could we make a sticky with all the Mopar part numbers needed (using the generic black mirrors like the kit sold by infotainment)?
Checked out the available mirrors and was amazing how many options there are. What was frustrating was some of the part numbers didn't show the correct pic of the part. Worried about ordering the wrong items.
Some of the older part numbers have been discontinued/changed to new numbers, as I found to be the case when I searched also.

kjn86

Reaction score

I am in. I understand only the thread OP can make a sticky, right?

Hipilot

Reaction score
I've followed this thread due to my shared disappointment with manual fold-away tow mirrors on my Limited tow package. I had to rent a truck while on a trip and to my surprise it was a new Ram 2500 Power Wagon with just a few options but it appeared to have the tow package since it had the OEM brake controller. It also had POWER FOLD-AWAY TOW MIRRORS! WTF!! I'm currently waiting for my mirrors to arrive from Infotainment.com but it appears FCA has begun installing these mirrors. I do not understand FCA's lack of a reasonable solution to a problem they may have had an answer to all along.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The HD trucks have had powerfold away for years with the 4th Gen. The 2019 RAM HeavyDuty has the powerfold option available with the 4.5 Gen now aswell.

I still stand by my thought that RAM really didn't want the tow mirrors on the 1500 at all this redesign.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...First time poster here in the forums. I just got a 2019 Rebel with the tow mirrors. I've ordered the power retract mirrors from Infotainment. What I'm unsure about is whether I need the door modules. I know I need the programmer and the security bypass module. But since my Rebel already has the switch panel with the button to control the mirror retract, are the door modules that are already installed sufficient? Infotainment has said my order will ship by end of week, so if I do need the door modules I want to get them included.

Thanks in advance for your help!

kjn86

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...First time poster here in the forums. I just got a 2019 Rebel with the tow mirrors. I've ordered the power retract mirrors from Infotainment. What I'm unsure about is whether I need the door modules. I know I need the programmer and the security bypass module. But since my Rebel already has the switch panel with the button to control the mirror retract, are the door modules that are already installed sufficient? Infotainment has said my order will ship by end of week, so if I do need the door modules I want to get them included.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have never heard of having the door switch panel without having the folding mirrors. It has always been (to my knowledge) the requirement to do the full replacement (mirrors, door panel, and modules). Easy way to figure it out is to check the modules of course, but you have to take the door panel off to do so. I would venture to guess you are an anomaly.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I have never heard of having the door switch panel without having the folding mirrors. It has always been (to my knowledge) the requirement to do the full replacement (mirrors, door panel, and modules). Easy way to figure it out is to check the modules of course, but you have to take the door panel off to do so. I would venture to guess you are an anomaly.

Go figure! Always fun to be the anomaly! :) I really don't want to go through the process of getting the mirrors installed to find out I need the door modules, but I also don't want to order the door modules and then not need them.

kjn86

Reaction score
Go figure! Always fun to be the anomaly! :) I really don't want to go through the process of getting the mirrors installed to find out I need the door modules, but I also don't want to order the door modules and then not need them.

Just pull off the panel and check out what you have installed and compare model numbers.

NewToRAM

Reaction score
Like others I am contemplating replacing my tow mirrors for standard mirrors. Main reasons are the truck BARELY fits in my garage with the two mirrors and mainly because they are so large they actually present a hazard in terms of blocking my view of traffic to my left. These things are so large and ill-positioned they can hide an entire car behind them! Additionally, mine don't seem to dim like most every truck I've had for many years and coupled with how hard it seems to comprehend images in the flat versus blind spot mirrors makes them very hard to use. Having had a "Brand B" vehicle with built in blind spot mirror with a thicker plastic border separating the blind spot mirror from the standard mirror really seemed to help comprehend them at a glance. On our trucks, without hardly any separation they seem like one, large, glarey surface. I find them near useless in the dark. Maybe I am alone in this though?

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Like others I am contemplating replacing my tow mirrors for standard mirrors. Main reasons are the truck BARELY fits in my garage with the two mirrors and mainly because they are so large they actually present a hazard in terms of blocking my view of traffic to my left. These things are so large and ill-positioned they can hide an entire car behind them! Additionally, mine don't seem to dim like most every truck I've had for many years and coupled with how hard it seems to comprehend images in the flat versus blind spot mirrors makes them very hard to use. Having had a "Brand B" vehicle with built in blind spot mirror with a thicker plastic border separating the blind spot mirror from the standard mirror really seemed to help comprehend them at a glance. On our trucks, without hardly any separation they seem like one, large, glarey surface. I find them near useless in the dark. Maybe I am alone in this though?

You’re not alone. I have all of those concerns as well including missing the heat feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread