5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

royP

Reaction score
Does obd genie not need vin #?
I bought a power folding module today $ 269.99
They didn't ask me vin #
Is this the right order?
If don't need vin #, can we share it?
Or should I plug it into a connector and use it?
Let's share if you know

Last edited:

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone can clarify something for me. I currently have tow mirrors (puddle light, blinker, power glass not power folding.) I am looking at just swapping mirrors for the sport mirrors. I don't need them to power fold. I'm wondering if I can just plug them in and have the blinker on the mirror still work? Not sure if those mirrors have puddle lights, but if they do wondering if those work too. Basically I'm just looking to see if the sport "normal" mirror will plug into my unit and not throw a code. I don't care if they power fold or not. Thanks in advance.

kjn86

Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone can clarify something for me. I currently have tow mirrors (puddle light, blinker, power glass not power folding.) I am looking at just swapping mirrors for the sport mirrors. I don't need them to power fold. I'm wondering if I can just plug them in and have the blinker on the mirror still work? Not sure if those mirrors have puddle lights, but if they do wondering if those work too. Basically I'm just looking to see if the sport "normal" mirror will plug into my unit and not throw a code. I don't care if they power fold or not. Thanks in advance.

I posted this a few pages back. Please read through the thread before skipping to the end and just asking. But, yes, you can. I did it exactly. New mirrors, puddle lights, and turn signal all worked with no other changes. Good luck.

Tlaug01

Reaction score
I posted this a few pages back. Please read through the thread before skipping to the end and just asking. But, yes, you can. I did it exactly. New mirrors, puddle lights, and turn signal all worked with no other changes. Good luck.
Yep I started reading through the thread but with 21 pages it became a little tedious. ..Thanks for the info.

kjn86

Reaction score
Yep I started reading through the thread but with 21 pages it became a little tedious. ..Thanks for the info.

I understand, but the best way to get smart on this stuff is to slog through the threads. I have read through this thread 10 times... Good luck, bro.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
KEEP YOUR BYPASS & GENIE. I did my mirrors a while ago. Recently went in for checkup. At end of day they said they needed to keep my truck overnight. Next day said they were having issues. Finally I asked what was the issue. They said that they installed a new software update and was having issues with the mirrors. Since Ram downloads new software from the factory w/ your features includes (or not in this case), it found an error w/ the power mirrors since the factory didn't think I have power mirrors. I drove right over and got to my truck to find the door and dash completely taken apart. The tech was trying to figure it out. I told him that I replaced the mirrors, etc. He couldn't believe that I also changed the switch panel on the door. I put in the bypass and reloaded the Genie. Fixed in 5 min. The tech was less than pleased. So long story short (well maybe not that short), keep your bypass and genie and let the mechanics know what you did so if they do a software update to let you know so you can reload the power mirrors. Gotta say that my butt puckered ever so slightly when I saw the whole dash and doors taken apart and tech's face. Haha.

royP

Reaction score
KEEP YOUR BYPASS & GENIE. I did my mirrors a while ago. Recently went in for checkup. At end of day they said they needed to keep my truck overnight. Next day said they were having issues. Finally I asked what was the issue. They said that they installed a new software update and was having issues with the mirrors. Since Ram downloads new software from the factory w/ your features includes (or not in this case), it found an error w/ the power mirrors since the factory didn't think I have power mirrors. I drove right over and got to my truck to find the door and dash completely taken apart. The tech was trying to figure it out. I told him that I replaced the mirrors, etc. He couldn't believe that I also changed the switch panel on the door. I put in the bypass and reloaded the Genie. Fixed in 5 min. The tech was less than pleased. So long story short (well maybe not that short), keep your bypass and genie and let the mechanics know what you did so if they do a software update to let you know so you can reload the power mirrors. Gotta say that my butt puckered ever so slightly when I saw the whole dash and doors taken apart and tech's face. Haha.
Thank you for info sharing

Rich51

Reaction score
I have read through this thread a couple times, and I have tried to search. Does anyone know the part number for the painted black power fold with BSM mirrors? Would prefer them to the plastic black.

royP

Reaction score
I have read through this thread a couple times, and I have tried to search. Does anyone know the part number for the painted black power fold with BSM mirrors? Would prefer them to the plastic black.

mirror black diamond pearl body color
w/heat
w/dimming
w/bsm
w/power adjustable
w/power folding

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price EA​
Description​
5ZK44KXJAG​
$ 315.00​
MIRROR. Outside Rearview. Right.
5ZK45KXJAG​
$ 315.00​
MIRROR. Outside Rearview. Left.
Order Summary:

2 products , 2 items​
$ 630.00​
Shipping & Handling to CA, USA​
$ 34.95​
Total​
$ 664.95​

switch and door module

jHYa8mgdrzm9V0e62Lby1uf-ZUP7NaZKs8hsSrI7VjjVh1KJFvfZ2GKH6Zz2kWMNGxQvJgX8C9Qdo9tfWZe5k7L_gxVfB8p7P-vC7J35CfPZYDtFagBONF7N7mtUYmGRFyBzONSKzVnC35tV5cDGai16evP7Ypt8C2s=s0-d-e1-ft

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68262252AC​
Window Switch​
$77.33​
1​
$77.33​
68424179AA​
Module​
$63.20​
1​
$63.20​
68424178AA​
Module​
$63.03​
1​
$63.03​
Subtotal: $203.56​
Estimated Standard Shipping: $25.09​
Total: $228.65​

and you also need obd genie & bypass module $269.98 (you can ask 10% d/c seller)

I bought two used mirrors on eBay
Both of them had broken power folding gears.
So I bought a new one
If you buy all the parts mentioned above, it will cost you about 1100 ~ 1200.
good luck

Last edited:

Rich51

Reaction score
mirror black diamond pearl body color
w/heat
w/dimming
w/bsm
w/power adjustable
w/power folding

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price EA​
Description​
5ZK44KXJAG​
$ 315.00​
MIRROR. Outside Rearview. Right.
5ZK45KXJAG​
$ 315.00​
MIRROR. Outside Rearview. Left.
Order Summary:

2 products , 2 items​
$ 630.00​
Shipping & Handling to CA, USA​
$ 34.95​
Total​
$ 664.95​

switch and door module

jHYa8mgdrzm9V0e62Lby1uf-ZUP7NaZKs8hsSrI7VjjVh1KJFvfZ2GKH6Zz2kWMNGxQvJgX8C9Qdo9tfWZe5k7L_gxVfB8p7P-vC7J35CfPZYDtFagBONF7N7mtUYmGRFyBzONSKzVnC35tV5cDGai16evP7Ypt8C2s=s0-d-e1-ft

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68262252AC​
Window Switch​
$77.33​
1​
$77.33​
68424179AA​
Module​
$63.20​
1​
$63.20​
68424178AA​
Module​
$63.03​
1​
$63.03​
Subtotal: $203.56​
Estimated Standard Shipping: $25.09​
Total: $228.65​

and you also need obd genie & bypass module $269.98 (you can ask 10% d/c seller)

I bought two used mirrors on eBay
Both of them had broken power folding gears.
So I bought a new one
If you buy all the parts mentioned above, it will cost you about 1100 ~ 1200.
good luck
Thank you very much for this.

Landrover1

Reaction score
Replaced tow mirrors with power folding regular mirrors. Used a lot of info from gybob. Thanks for the info. I have a 2019 Limited. Went to mopar parts site and ordered mirrors I wanted directly from them. Also the modules they plug into. Power folding, heated, blind spot monitoring. Ordered obd2 genie and security bypass from obdgenie website. Pulling door panels off was relatively easy once you commit to doing it. The problem I ran into was trying to get the wire harnesses out of security bypass module. Those suckers locked in there and I tried for an hour to gently pry them out without damaging the wires or harness. Finally had to dremel away the plastic bypass module a millimeter at a time. That took twice as long as actually taking doors apart and installing mirrors.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I'd like to share my experience in dealing with Infotainment. First of all, if you DO buy from them, make sure you order the entire kit--regardless of what you think you might need. That is the only way to avoid the frustrations I've gone through. Anyway--I ordered just the mirrors, OBDGenie, and security bypass module from them, as I was assured, based on my VIN, and the fact that I already had the correct door switches, that those were the only items I needed. I paid an installer to do the work ( I tried to get the door panels off, but never having done it before, I wasn't sure how much force I needed to pop all the pins--despite getting a few of them to pop). After getting everything all hooked up and the programming done, the power retract did not work. I called Infotainment and was told that I needed the modules and switch. The price I was initially quoted for the three items, when added to the initial purchase price of the mirrors + programmer + SBM, was higher than if I had just bought the kit . Luckily I caught the discrepancy, pointed it out, and they adjusted the price. They agreed to ship everything out today via free overnight shipping. Great! At least that helped offset the cost of my installer and the fact that I have to go back to them to finish the job. When I contacted them today to check the status of the order, I was told that the modules were not in stock and not expected until tomorrow. This is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what I was told yesterday. The person I was speaking with was told EVERYTHING was in stock and would be available to ship today.

Yes, overall this is trivial compared to some of the people earlier in this thread that waited months for everything to arrive, but I would like to point out that Infotainment is definitely charging a premium for the convenience of ordering a kit. And for that premium, customer service should be top notch. Everyone in the organization should all be on the same page and have the same information. If someone promises an order will ship tomorrow, someone else should not be apologizing because they're being told the parts are NOT in stock.

So should you choose to order from Infotainment, make sure you bite the bullet and order the entire kit.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
Installed the setup this morning. I bought the parts separately, which totaled approx $800 for everything. Whether you do that or the the Infotainment kit, it all installs very easily. My parts all installed without issue. I’m very happy with the swap and found this thread to be a wealth of information and guidance!! Thank ya’ll!!

Bella pa,

If your purchased all the parts from the dealer for $800 did the dealer flash your car with the code too to make them operational?

Bellpa

Reaction score
Bella pa,

If your purchased all the parts from the dealer for $800 did the dealer flash your car with the code too to make them operational?
I purchased from mopar retailer website and did the OBD Genie bypass and programming, not the dealer.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
I purchased from mopar retailer website and did the OBD Genie bypass and programming, not the dealer.

Oh, I thought you had the dealer program. So you paid around $800 for mirrors, switch and two modules and then an extra $300 for the Genie bypass OBDII module?

I was concerned about that because every time the dealer performs a forward/software update on the trucks computers you will have to run the Genie afterwards.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Oh, I thought you had the dealer program. So you paid around $800 for mirrors, switch and two modules and then an extra $300 for the Genie bypass OBDII module?

I was concerned about that because every time the dealer performs a forward/software update on the trucks computers you will have to run the Genie afterwards.
I paid $800 for everything, including the Genie and bypass module and mirrors that I found on Ebay.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Are the genie and bypass module the same thing?
No. The Bypass module and genie are different. You first disconnect two cable and put them into the bypass module, then after turning truck on for about 30 sec you can put in the genie. I have pictures and instructions near the beginning of this thread.

TLOC

Reaction score
Just like you, these numbers all came from a nicely equipped Laramie VIN - full featured mirrors without the 360 cameras.

mirrors 68276506AD (right) 68276507AE (Left)
door modules 68424179AA 68319954AE - don't remember which is which, but they're marked "L" and "R"
door switch assy 68262252AC

After all this followed by the OBDGenie, they work and fold perfectly.

Don't know how big a hurry you're in, but if I were to do it again, I would do the mirrors (as you've done) followed by the OBDGenie. That way you don't have to take your doors apart again. If no luck, then suck it up and do the door modules. I might have saved $130 or so by skipping the modules. I just don't know - nor will I put the original modules back in to find out :)

Hey gybob, are these COMPLETE mirrors, flat black in color? Thanks...T

gybob

Reaction score
Hey gybob, are these COMPLETE mirrors, flat black in color? Thanks...T
Sorry about the late reply. I'm out of the Ram and back into a Charger Hellcat now - don't get in here as often now. Yes, there are complete mirrors. Chrome caps.

Users who are viewing this thread