5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I just went by my my local dealer, checked out the truck with the mirrors I wanted. Noted the VIN...Then just give than VIN to your dealer or with whomever you are dealing with online.

kjn86

Reaction score
I just went by my my local dealer, checked out the truck with the mirrors I wanted. Noted the VIN...Then just give than VIN to your dealer or with whomever you are dealing with online.

I did that with the VIN online and it shows only the two silly tow mirror options. Have not gone to my dealer in person.

sauroang

Reaction score
Alright, have an issue and just curious to see whether it could be related to my new mirrors...got a check engine light this afternoon. Nothing obvious seems wrong other than that.

Msgtowens

Reaction score
I have been running the INFOTAINMENT package for a couple months now, perfect OEM fit and operation. The truck has even been into the dealer for a software recall and came back with mirrors still working as they should. I made a huge mistake by getting a truck with the tow PACKAGE rather than just the trailer brake, but at least I can pay for my mistake and have what I really want.

View attachment 28623
Hi. Do the mirrors that you got from infotainment have heat in them?

PHIL

Reaction score
I have heated mirrors will they work if I replace with the new power fold mirrors from info

ryanJ

Reaction score
I’m not getting along with these tow mirrors at all. My truck had had the power closing mirrors but they were eliminated due to the tow package. Not thrilled about paying 1400+ So I’m wondering if I bought a used pair of mirrors (power folding) And the replacement driver control panel What else what I need to achieve this?

lasstss

Reaction score
I’m not getting along with these tow mirrors at all. My truck had had the power closing mirrors but they were eliminated due to the tow package. Not thrilled about paying 1400+ So I’m wondering if I bought a used pair of mirrors (power folding) And the replacement driver control panel What else what I need to achieve this?
There is programming and modules to be replaced. I dont think switching parts will do the job. I bought the kit and it works perfectly. It is expensive.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
$740 or so through online dealer for all parts. Install yourself. Then have dealer enable power fold, unless you buy Genie or Tazer. I just did it. I even went color matched on mirrors.

And on that note I did do the infotainment 12" upgrade.

kjn86

Reaction score
$740 or so through online dealer for all parts. Install yourself. Then have dealer enable power fold, unless you buy Genie or Tazer. I just did it. I even went color matched on mirrors.

And on that note I did do the infotainment 12" upgrade.

The dealer had to enable only the power fold or heat too? I am doing what you are. Got the mirrors on order now. Did they charge you or you work a deal? If so, how much? I appreciate it.

kjn86

Reaction score
I used Tazer as I always get that so I can enable other options.

OK, thanks. Follow-up then - you had only to enable power fold in Tazer? Did heat work just by replacing hardware? Thanks.

Chimera

Reaction score
Just got my 2019 Ram and hate the tow mirrors. Happy to see they are replaceable.

deanfx

Reaction score
I seem to be seeing conflicting info. Is it possible to get Power Folding and Heated tow mirrors? Thanks

kjn86

Reaction score
I seem to be seeing conflicting info. Is it possible to get Power Folding and Heated tow mirrors? Thanks

There isn't conflicting info, just minor details that get confusing. There are two types of tow mirrors, heated and not heated. Neither type power fold on 2019 Ram 1500s.

sauroang

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, my truck didn’t have heated tow mirrors, but when I did the infotainment upgrade, the mirrors they sent had the heat symbol on them, and that feature did in fact work after installing and programming.

deanfx

Reaction score
There isn't conflicting info, just minor details that get confusing. There are two types of tow mirrors, heated and not heated. Neither type power fold on 2019 Ram 1500s.
Well either way, that's messed up they don't fold G

kjn86

Reaction score
Just replaced my tow mirrors with regular ones. Lights and BSM work fine. Heat doesn't though. My tow mirrors didn't have heat so I must need something reprogrammed to enable it. Anyone know?

Chimera

Reaction score
Whats the part number for regular mirrors or have link?. I dont care if heat doesnt work.
I have heated mirrors on my old truck for 7 years and never used them.

kjn86

Reaction score
Whats the part number for regular mirrors or have link?. I dont care if heat doesnt work.
I have heated mirrors on my old truck for 7 years and never used them.
68276503AG and 65276502AG are the black with BSM. I just got them and can verify.

I THINK but am not sure the black without BSM and without power fold is 68276500AF and 68276501AF. Here is one on ebay with an actual photo: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-OEM-P...AOSw--hdbrdz:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!22315!US!-1

The other variations are chrome or body colored, with BSM or without. That is why you see so many variations.

I got mine from Liberty. Best price I found by far. See https://parts.libertychryslerjeepdodgeram.com/.

Users who are viewing this thread