5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Has anyone did a write up on removing door panels on 2019+? Infotainments is on 13-19. Just trying not to break anything. Looks dress right dress until you get to removing door piece to get to mirror bolts.

knight4life

Reaction score
I did that with the VIN online and it shows only the two silly tow mirror options. Have not gone to my dealer in person.
68276503AG and 65276502AG are the black with BSM. I just got them and can verify.

I THINK but am not sure the black without BSM and without power fold is 68276500AF and 68276501AF. Here is one on ebay with an actual photo: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-OEM-P...AOSw--hdbrdz:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!22315!US!-1

The other variations are chrome or body colored, with BSM or without. That is why you see so many variations.

I got mine from Liberty. Best price I found by far. See https://parts.libertychryslerjeepdodgeram.com/.

Did you have to replace the door module when you replaced the mirror? I have read in some other forums that the BSM won't work with the stock module. I am guessing beause there is different electronic connections or something. But I was wondering if that was actually the case?

kjn86

Reaction score
Did you have to replace the door module when you replaced the mirror? I have read in some other forums that the BSM won't work with the stock module. I am guessing beause there is different electronic connections or something. But I was wondering if that was actually the case?

Did NOT replace modules and BSM works. Makes sense since it worked before. New module only adds power folding ability from what I can gather. BSM, heat, puddle lights all function with one module. I just plugged the new mirror cords right into the same place on the module. Pretty easy actually.

kjn86

Reaction score
Has anyone did a write up on removing door panels on 2019+? Infotainments is on 13-19. Just trying not to break anything. Looks dress right dress until you get to removing door piece to get to mirror bolts.

I have not seen a write-up, but it's not the same as in the infotainment video. 2019 has the door handle still attached and the cables going from the door switch. Also a bunch of the plastic joining pieces (not sure what they are called). The 2018 was as simple as remove bolts and pull. Not so for 2019+. There are ways to fully remove the interior door but it was easier for me to just hold it in place away from the door as I was only plugging in new connectors to the module. Had I been replacing the modules, I would have pulled the door totally off. After I did it I wished I had videoed it for others. The plastic connectors that need to be popped out took much more force than I thought too.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I have not seen a write-up, but it's not the same as in the infotainment video. 2019 has the door handle still attached and the cables going from the door switch. Also a bunch of the plastic joining pieces (not sure what they are called). The 2018 was as simple as remove bolts and pull. Not so for 2019+. There are ways to fully remove the interior door but it was easier for me to just hold it in place away from the door as I was only plugging in new connectors to the module. Had I been replacing the modules, I would have pulled the door totally off. After I did it I wished I had videoed it for others. The plastic connectors that need to be popped out took much more force than I thought too.
Yes sir was fun! LOL But it is pretty much straight forward once you get to pulling on it.

Rich51

Reaction score
68276503AG and 65276502AG are the black with BSM. I just got them and can verify.

Kjn86, are those painted diamond black or are they the textured flat black? Also do you know if they are power golf capable if you bought new modules? Thanks

Rich51

Reaction score

Kjn86, are those painted diamond black or are they the textured flat black? Also do you know if they are power golf capable if you bought new modules? Thanks

kjn86

Reaction score

Textured/plain black like the tow mirrors are.

kjn86

Reaction score

They are power fold capable with module change (and software/ODBGenie) as far as I am tracking. I have seen many people use these and update the modules and flash the BCM to work. I didn't do it myself which is why I caveat my statement.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Okay to recap what I did for those reading all around this thread and others. Just get the VIN off a truck with power fold mirrors on your dealers lot of what color mirrors you want. Then you will need the left and right door modules, along with a new drivers side door switch unit. I then ordered the OBD Genie for power fold mirrors to add the "LER" code and it worked perfect. The dealer cannot add this code at this time (if ever) as mine gave it a go for at least 45 minutes. But we kind of knew this going in, but he wanted to try.

**NOTE** The Tazer allowed me to enable power fold, but it did NOT work. I spoke with Joe aka Mr Tazer himself, and he wanted to make sure the proper code was added to the tazer software and not missed and/or was correct. I never sent him the file he needed though, and just ordered the OBD Genie so I could move past this mod. :)

All said and done, I have $899 total into this. And that is with color matched painted black mirrors, along with the OBD Genie.

kjn86

Reaction score
Okay to recap what I did for those reading all around this thread and others. Just get the VIN off a truck with power fold mirrors on your dealers lot of what color mirrors you want. Then you will need the left and right door modules, along with a new drivers side door switch unit. I then ordered the OBD Genie for power fold mirrors to add the "LER" code and it worked perfect. The dealer cannot add this code at this time (if ever) as mine gave it a go for at least 45 minutes. But we kind of knew this going in, but he wanted to try.

**NOTE** The Tazer allowed me to enable power fold, but it did NOT work. I spoke with Joe aka Mr Tazer himself, and he wanted to make sure the proper code was added to the tazer software and not missed and/or was correct. I never sent him the file he needed though, and just ordered the OBD Genie so I could move past this mod. :)

All said and done, I have $899 total into this. And that is with color matched painted black mirrors, along with the OBD Genie.

Great recap! I just did the mirrors so far. Debating if I care enough to get the modules and ODB Genie for power folding. I do, however, want defrost. Did you happen to have the all black tow mirrors without heat before upgrading? Want to verify you got the heat working with ODBGenie. I read a few places in this thread it works. Thx.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Okkkkk. Hold up....Wait a minute....I thought the folding and opening could only be controlled by the button on window switch????

Mine open upon starting of truck, and fold when ignition off. Now I do have power fold enabled with Tazer. Am I just smoking crack? I thought I had read different that we had to use button to fold and in and out?
Great recap! I just did the mirrors so far. Debating if I care enough to get the modules and ODB Genie for power folding. I do, however, want defrost. Did you happen to have the all black tow mirrors without heat before upgrading? Want to verify you got the heat working with ODBGenie. I read a few places in this thread it works. Thx.
I had heat already.

kjn86

Reaction score
Okkkkk. Hold up....Wait a minute....I thought the folding and opening could only be controlled by the button on window switch????

Mine open upon starting of truck, and fold when ignition off. Now I do have power fold enabled with Tazer. Am I just smoking crack? I thought I had read different that we had to use button to fold and in and out?

I had heat already.

I think the auto-folding is due to programming in Tazer if that is what you mean. I am tracking the standard system would be to push the button on the door panel every time you wanted to fold or unfold them.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score

I had heat already.
I did the infotainment w/ Genie and the button works fine...but I would really like to have the mirrors fold when the alarm is on and unfold when the alarm turns off. Had this on my Acura and was great. Do you think that the Tazer has ability to add this? I would take it that they would auto-fold with the engine off, but prefer the other. Thoughts?

BTW...I just emailed Genie with same question...will update when I hear their answer.

Bellpa

Reaction score
I purchased mirrors from Ebay and the door modules and switch from Liberty. Can someone please tell me the correct link/model of OBD Genie and bypass to order?

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I did the infotainment w/ Genie and the button works fine...but I would really like to have the mirrors fold when the alarm is on and unfold when the alarm turns off. Had this on my Acura and was great. Do you think that the Tazer has ability to add this? I would take it that they would auto-fold with the engine off, but prefer the other. Thoughts?

BTW...I just emailed Genie with same question...will update when I hear their answer.
Hmmmmm. Seems like it would be possible. And I have a Viper aftermarket alarm, so am going to have my stereo guy explore this, along with Joe aka Mr Tazer.

tx2stpr291

Reaction score
I'm a little late to this thread probably, but wanted to make sure others understand that with the OEM power folding mirrors, the gears are cheap and apparently are easy to get out of sync. It causes them to pop, click and double/triple reset. I have a complaint in with Ram Care on the ones that came from the factory on my truck. I'm having to have the dealership replace both mirrors simply because they were manually moved in one time! I don't know about the aftermarket ones, but thought I would share that the OEM ones definitely are weak.

Users who are viewing this thread