5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

jsampsell

Reaction score
I ordered my replacement kit on Saturday, 6/22. Received shipping notifications with tracking numbers on Tuesday, 6/25. The OBDGenie arrived on Friday, 6/28 and all the Mopar pieces in a big box on Monday, 7/1. All parts were correct too. That's pretty good timing so it sounds like they have improved a lot from all of the issues reported here a while back.

I installed it all today in about 45 minutes. Very easy install. The only "issue" I had was that the OBDGenie never turned all green lights. However, it worked even after putting it all back together, so all good. Thanks gpasetta for the pictures and instructions. I guarantee that a few minutes of studying your pictures and instructions saved me a ton of time. If you lived close, I'd buy you a couple beers.

E8F07D9F-A723-4B09-8F0A-955A584B9B2F.jpeg 9CB12AF6-2295-4E08-AF25-BD666E47D8DF.jpeg

Last edited:

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
I ordered my replacement kit on Saturday, 6/22. Received shipping notifications with tracking numbers on Tuesday, 6/25. The OBDGenie arrived on Friday, 6/28 and all the Mopar pieces in a big box on Monday, 7/1. All parts were correct too. That's pretty good timing so it sounds like they have improved a lot from all of the issues reported here a while back.

I installed it all today in about 45 minutes. Very easy install. The only "issue" I had was that the OBDGenie never turned all green lights. However, it worked even after putting it all back together, so all good. Thanks gpasetta for the pictures and instructions. I guarantee that a few minutes of studying your pictures and instructions saved me a ton of time. If you lived close, I'd buy you a couple beers.
Glad it helped...enjoy the mirrors...I am much happier.

kjn86

Reaction score
Glad it helped...enjoy the mirrors...I am much happier.

Would you (and anyone else who did the mirror conversion) say you are much happier with the visibility or the ability to fold in the mirrors?

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Would you (and anyone else who did the mirror conversion) say you are much happier with the visibility or the ability to fold in the mirrors?
Absolutely. Soooo much better. Especially on the passenger side. Nice to not get out of truck at car wash and parking for retracting but for me the real difference is the visibility. I would not let my wife and daughter drive it until fixed. Felt like I was gonna hit something from not being able to see good. I also tow horses and just fine towing. I know some people love the tow mirrors but not me. The tow mirrors also stuck out way too far when they are up. Also when up blocks view to front left. But hey...that’s just me.

jsampsell

Reaction score
I spent the money for a reason. I couldn't stand the tow mirrors for the same reason gpasetta already mentioned. I had to rely on the BSM and then I still ended up taking my time changing lanes. I suppose I could have gotten used to it but then there's the power folding aspect. I had it on my 2013 Sport and I didn't realize how much I used it until I didn't have it. So yeah, I spent the money. I REALLY wish I had read about this issue before buying my truck but I seriously wasn't looking to buy a new truck the night I did so there you have it.

Last edited:

Kicker56

Reaction score
Just placed the order for the mirrors with a 10% discount. As previous people said this absolutely ridiculous that you are getting upcharged for this package that is worse and almost every truck I looked at had this package. I knew going into it I was going to have to order these mirrors, but dang what a crock that RAM put in place with tow mirrors. I don’t know how anyone gets used to the passenger view.

Ram_driver_991

Reaction score
Installed the chrome power-fold mirrors from infotainment.com last night. Wasn't that difficult. However, when I went to program it, I never got the green light. Tried several times, different ways. Well, the mirrors power-folded and adjusted, but nothing else worked - BSM, heat, tilt in reverse, etc. Worse, all my advanced driver safety feature settings were missing from my UConnect settings menu. As well as the heated/vented seat controls, and SiriusXM stopped working. I drove it on the highway for a few miles. I researched online, and tried the programming again. Nothing helped. I finally went to bed. Tried it again this morning, and now everything is working with the mirrors, and all my settings and features are back to normal. Guess I just needed to let the truck rest for a while! ;)

badzdad

Reaction score
Just placed the order for the mirrors with a 10% discount. As previous people said this absolutely ridiculous that you are getting upcharged for this package that is worse and almost every truck I looked at had this package. I knew going into it I was going to have to order these mirrors, but dang what a crock that RAM put in place with tow mirrors. I don’t know how anyone gets used to the passenger view.
Any trick to getting the 10% discount?

Lslblues

Reaction score
PART 2
Now it would take me about 30 min to do. Need a second person for some of it. But sooo much better than last mirrors. Good luck.

BTW...here is a link to an Infotainment video, but it is for a 2018 / NOT 2019 Ram. So it is not exactly the same but did help me a little to be more familier with the process. So by watching the video and then my pix and notes should help for the 2019 model. I have a 2019 Laramie so not sure if the Rebel and other models are exactly the same.

Link:
Install Video for 2018 Ram (not 2019)

Gpasetta - thanks for the great instructions. The new mirrors are fantastic. Way better than those dumb towing mirrors. Almost unbelievable how much better they are.

badzdad

Reaction score
I was just googling for infotainment coupon and found the code that was valid.

If anyone has the 10% off code that would be great. All I can find is 5%. I hate to be that much of a stickler on the pricing...but dang $1500 is just stiff to come up without the boss lady getting upset lol.

RedSn0wX

Reaction score
If anyone has the 10% off code that would be great. All I can find is 5%. I hate to be that much of a stickler on the pricing...but dang $1500 is just stiff to come up without the boss lady getting upset lol.

Giveme10 popped up for me on their site while I was browsing. Gave me 10% off.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Has anyone researched replacing just the glass in the large passenger tow mirror with a non-enlarging curvature? Just wondering if there was maybe something aftermarket.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Has anyone researched replacing just the glass in the large passenger tow mirror with a non-enlarging curvature? Just wondering if there was maybe something aftermarket.
I looked and called places and got nowhere. Was worth paying and changing. Was so unhappy with tow mirrors. Now love truck. But had same idea. Let me know if u get anywhere on it. But I didn’t. I changed more for vision vs retraction. But really nice to have the retraction also.

Users who are viewing this thread