5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
I've read through every comment in this post and I haven't seen this answered yet... does the power folding mirror assembly include LED lights for the turn signal and courtesy lamps? My 2019 Rebel has the manual tow mirrors equipped (I hate them beyond words) and I'd love to replace them with a more standard mirror assembly. This may sound like I'm nitpicking, but I would be hesitant to replace them with units equipped with halogen bulbs since the tow mirrors at least have factory LEDs which are also equipped throughout the rest of the truck. Also, I know the Rebel never offered heated mirrors (big mistake, IMO) so I wouldn't be able to add it, but will the mirrors for the Rebel still have the heated symbol on them?

Thanks for the help!

stepbill

Reaction score
How do these folding mirrors work for towing? Can you see the length of your trailer? I was fine with the towing mirrors as I bought this truck for my travel trailer but where I parked the truck, it is narrow to get it in with the manual mirrors extended.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read through every comment in this post and I haven't seen this answered yet... does the power folding mirror assembly include LED lights for the turn signal and courtesy lamps? My 2019 Rebel has the manual tow mirrors equipped (I hate them beyond words) and I'd love to replace them with a more standard mirror assembly. This may sound like I'm nitpicking, but I would be hesitant to replace them with units equipped with halogen bulbs since the tow mirrors at least have factory LEDs which are also equipped throughout the rest of the truck. Also, I know the Rebel never offered heated mirrors (big mistake, IMO) so I wouldn't be able to add it, but will the mirrors for the Rebel still have the heated symbol on them?

Thanks for the help!

hey guy i have a 19 rebel also.it to came with those hideous "Tow mirrors"when i got the folding type.it came with all those features your asking about.they are the "7x11"though.i guess thats what your asking about

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
How do these folding mirrors work for towing? Can you see the length of your trailer? I was fine with the towing mirrors as I bought this truck for my travel trailer but where I parked the truck, it is narrow to get it in with the manual mirrors extended.
I have a horse trailer and the folding mirrors determined the length of the trailer (i.e. 30') just fine.

tortugapir8

Reaction score
Email sent to FCA on this as well as now that I read into it and realize what I paid for doesn't make sense. I have a level 2 package that should have had power folding, camera-equipped mirrors and since I got the trailer tow package I ended up getting cheap, manual folding mirrors with no 360 camera.

Update from FCA, they have engaged my dealer and apparently "are working on a resolution to this issue", fingers crossed as I'm wondering if there is enough momentum now to actually get this resolved directly from the source! Cautiously optimistic at the moment!

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update from FCA, they have engaged my dealer and apparently "are working on a resolution to this issue", fingers crossed as I'm wondering if there is enough momentum now to actually get this resolved directly from the source! Cautiously optimistic at the moment!
Wouldn't be surprised if they just offer you the package you want, buy back your trade-in where you take a $ loss. I don't see this mirror issue being resolved with 100% satisfaction.

badzdad

Reaction score
I hate my mirrors....so on the fence about do I hate them $1400 bad. I think it all depends on if infotainment has the stuff I need without having to wait weeks for them.

rrlorentzen

Reaction score
Has anyone had any trouble using the OBD Genie to add the mirror features to their truck (fold/heat/dimming)? I am getting 4 red blinking lights when the programmer and bypass module are plugged in, power folding worked so I thought I was in the clear. According to the FAQ 4 lights means programming was successful but the truck couldn't reset. Got some snow today and noticed that heat is not working, now I'm not sure if dimming is working either. I sent an email off to them but I was also curious if anyone here had the same problem.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had any trouble using the OBD Genie to add the mirror features to their truck (fold/heat/dimming)? I am getting 4 red blinking lights when the programmer and bypass module are plugged in, power folding worked so I thought I was in the clear. According to the FAQ 4 lights means programming was successful but the truck couldn't reset. Got some snow today and noticed that heat is not working, now I'm not sure if dimming is working either. I sent an email off to them but I was also curious if anyone here had the same problem.
just asking ..just asking ok but did you disconnect the 2 plugs that go onto your security box?

rrlorentzen

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have the part numbers for the door modules you put in your truck when replacing the tow mirrors? I am starting to think I bought the wrong ones. The modules I would need are for standard black mirrors with heat, dimming, and power fold.

hemirob

Reaction score
Just scored some power folding mirrors on ebay both for $400 total, saves me 400+. Matching set that includes BSM and cameras, (though I don't have the 360 camera now I figured maybe can add it someday if FCA releases the sales code or some other company figures it out). If anyone considering ebay, know the part numbers, I found there are 3 different mirror part numbers that found would work for just the left side that has the power folding option, not to mention the obsolete/retired part numbers; the door modules and switch are easy.

hemirob

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have the part numbers for the door modules you put in your truck when replacing the tow mirrors? I am starting to think I bought the wrong ones. The modules I would need are for standard black mirrors with heat, dimming, and power fold.

I have only been able to find 2 different door modules for each side, ones with the power folding and one with out,

These are the ones I found for powerfolding mirrors:
L module 68424179AA Supersession(s): 68319955AC; 68319955AE; 68319955AD [Door Parts Module], [Pwr Front Windows, 1-Touch,Up and Down], [Power-Folding Mirrors].

R module 68424178AA Supersession(s): 68319954AD; 68319954AE [Door Parts Module], [Pwr Front Windows, 1-Touch,Up and Down], [Power-Folding Mirrors].

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
Thanks a ton Mike, got them, took all of 1 hr to change both and re-program, piece of cake and love the new mirrors. I'll sell the tow mirrors cheap, they are like new.
Still got the tow mirrors???

der9765

Reaction score
So, I have a Limited with the chrome tow mirrors. Looking for a set of power fold with blindspot. I don't care it they are chrome or painted as I will swap the covers out for diamond black painted ones anyway. If anyone is interested in a swap, PM me!

Stomper

Reaction score
Sorry for being the newbie who's bringing an old thread back from the dead. Just picked up a Laramie all blacked out. But has tow mirrors. My sales person said those were the only mirrors this truck came with. Stupid me for believing her. They are trying to find a replacement truck to swap this vehicle out with but since the sale is going on its hard to find what I'm looking for. If it doesn't happen then I'd like to get the infotainment mirrors. Just wanted to see if anyone as run Into problems months after install before I drop all that $$$.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I almost got jipped in my order, I would watch every review youtube video I could. In one video a guy was complaining on losing his 360 cameras and got the chrome tow mirrors by getting the tow package. Called the dealer and they called and changed them to the black ones, that was a close one for me.

RAM805

Reaction score
Sorry for being the newbie who's bringing an old thread back from the dead. Just picked up a Laramie all blacked out. But has tow mirrors. My sales person said those were the only mirrors this truck came with. Stupid me for believing her. They are trying to find a replacement truck to swap this vehicle out with but since the sale is going on its hard to find what I'm looking for. If it doesn't happen then I'd like to get the infotainment mirrors. Just wanted to see if anyone as run Into problems months after install before I drop all that $$$.

I have been running the INFOTAINMENT package for a couple months now, perfect OEM fit and operation. The truck has even been into the dealer for a software recall and came back with mirrors still working as they should. I made a huge mistake by getting a truck with the tow PACKAGE rather than just the trailer brake, but at least I can pay for my mistake and have what I really want.

IMG_4221.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread