5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

badzdad

Reaction score
It all helps...once you replace them you won't think about the money...you'll just be smiling.

That’s what I'm hoping. I set aside $1000 this month and hope to be ordering soon. I hate that I hate the current mirrors so much that I'm spending $1500 to fix the damn things.

Lslblues

Reaction score
That’s what I'm hoping. I set aside $1000 this month and hope to be ordering soon. I hate that I hate the current mirrors so much that I'm spending $1500 to fix the damn things.
I know it's crazy. But it really is worth it. The tow mirrors are that bad and these mirrors are that good.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Feel your pain bro...was in the same place. Now I have found my happy place. Haha.

smonska

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if going from the the non-heated towing mirrors to the dimming/heated/power folding the heating actually works? (on a truck with rear window defrost button to control it). OBDgenie/infotainment website conspicuously leaves this feature off of their feature list for the kit.

shorewood joe

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if going from the the non-heated towing mirrors to the dimming/heated/power folding the heating actually works? (on a truck with rear window defrost button to control it). OBDgenie/infotainment website conspicuously leaves this feature off of their feature list for the kit.
No According to my Dealers Parts Dept You Would Need Heat Wire Harnesses For That To Work.

sauroang

Reaction score
Excited...my infotainment order shipped out last week, will be here on the 10th! I saw someone mention a heat wire harness if those of us without heated mirrors wants to make that function work. Could I order those harnesses on a parts site using a vin for a truck with those installed, and make them work on mine?

badzdad

Reaction score
Excited...my infotainment order shipped out last week, will be here on the 10th! I saw someone mention a heat wire harness if those of us without heated mirrors wants to make that function work. Could I order those harnesses on a parts site using a vin for a truck with those installed, and make them work on mine?
Im hoping to order mine this week.

sauroang

Reaction score
Well crap...I finally got the kit and installed the mirrors, modules, door switch etc, and everything works except for the folding option. When I plug the bypass in, and then start truck/plug the OBDGenie in, it blinks blue and then solid green, resets the speedo and all of that, then I immediately see a blue and red solid light. Can never get it to go green. I called and they had me reset the CAN-bus, and still no dice. The mirrors are so much better to see out of, I just wanted the folding to work properly. Anybody else have these issues with the OBDGenie or should I just have them replace it?

badzdad

Reaction score
Well crap...I finally got the kit and installed the mirrors, modules, door switch etc, and everything works except for the folding option. When I plug the bypass in, and then start truck/plug the OBDGenie in, it blinks blue and then solid green, resets the speedo and all of that, then I immediately see a blue and red solid light. Can never get it to go green. I called and they had me reset the CAN-bus, and still no dice. The mirrors are so much better to see out of, I just wanted the folding to work properly. Anybody else have these issues with the OBDGenie or should I just have them replace it?

For the cost.....it ALLLLLLL needs to work as advertised. Just my opinion. My kit is supposedly supposed to be delivered tomorrow, we will see, but it would be great if its here by the weekend to get it installed.

dasjuicebox

Reaction score
I cannot stand my tow mirrors, are they magnified? I feel like I can see the whites of peoples eyes five cars behind.

That said....what are our options?

From what I gathered there are 5 different variations of non-tow mirrors. Is there a hierarchy of ones that work on all models to ones that are model specific?

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
I cannot stand my tow mirrors, are they magnified? I feel like I can see the whites of peoples eyes five cars behind.

That said....what are our options?

From what I gathered there are 5 different variations of non-tow mirrors. Is there a hierarchy of ones that work on all models to ones that are model specific?
I don't think they are magnified but seems like it. I believe they are just not wide angle like a normal passenger door mirror. Either way they suck, especially when they are down. If you go to Infotainment, there is only 2 options. Black or Chrome and Blide Spot Y or N. I felt like I was always going to crash my truck when driving and would not allow anyone else drive it until fixed. Get the new mirrors and you will be happy.

sauroang

Reaction score
For the cost.....it ALLLLLLL needs to work as advertised. Just my opinion. My kit is supposedly supposed to be delivered tomorrow, we will see, but it would be great if its here by the weekend to get it installed.

I agree. Infotainment has already shipped out a replacement OBDGenie, so hopefully it’ll be good to go with that one. As a side bonus though, an unexpected feature does work. My tow mirrors weren’t heated, and of course the replacement mirrors infotainment sends in the kit, are heated. Well, the windows and mirrors were fogged up this morning, so I turn my rear defrost on and the mirror heat worked!

kjn86

Reaction score
I agree. Infotainment has already shipped out a replacement OBDGenie, so hopefully it’ll be good to go with that one. As a side bonus though, an unexpected feature does work. My tow mirrors weren’t heated, and of course the replacement mirrors infotainment sends in the kit, are heated. Well, the windows and mirrors were fogged up this morning, so I turn my rear defrost on and the mirror heat worked!

I heard you couldn't get heated if you didn't it originally. Didn't make sense to me so I am glad you confirmed it! Makes me want to get them now even more. I just can't bring myself to spend more than $500 on it...

sauroang

Reaction score
Well, received the new OBDGenie, and still have the same result. Can’t get the light to turn green, and folding option doesn’t work. This is pretty discouraging since I could’ve bought the mirrors for much cheaper as well as the associated modules etc.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Well, received the new OBDGenie, and still have the same result. Can’t get the light to turn green, and folding option doesn’t work. This is pretty discouraging since I could’ve bought the mirrors for much cheaper as well as the associated modules etc.
Geeeez. Do keep us informed if they come up with a solution before I pull the trigger on these. I might just go the other route as I plan to get the Tazer, which will enable the mirrors to work and other things, plus I always like to be able to run the fogs when the brights are on, and also I enable the DRL's to stay on when the turn signals are used.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
I know dumb question, but you first turned engine on, then connected Bypass module, then inserted the Genie...waited 20-30 seconds. When I did mine, think it took 2 times and then worked and went green.

sauroang

Reaction score
I know dumb question, but you first turned engine on, then connected Bypass module, then inserted the Genie...waited 20-30 seconds. When I did mine, think it took 2 times and then worked and went green.

Yeah I sure have. It looks promising at first, with the green and blue lights on, then when the screens flash and reset, the blue light stays on and a red light comes on. Never goes away. There’s also a red light in the top right corner of the inst cluster after this happens.

notqwik

Reaction score
If you're an impatient SOB (like me), these are the parts that I ordered. These plus the OBDGenie and it all works perfectly!

mirrors 68276506AD 68276507AE
modules 68424179AA 68319954AE
switch 68262252AC

Mirrors are dimmable, heated with puddle light, blind spot indicator and turn signal. Got the part numbers using Laramie VIN.

From infotainment - $1799 + shipping

First random place I saw on the internet - https://www.factorychryslerparts.com is $978.34 including shipping + $370 for the genie.

Looking closer - https://parts.libertychryslerjeepdodgeram.com is at $870 including shipping.

About $400 + unknown shipping more to order through infotainment??? Am I missing something here?

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 8.51.20 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online