5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

RichT

Reaction score
I have my tow mirrors that I took off. Interested?

If they are black, yes, I would be. But I am still wondering if they in need of anything else to make them work? ie, do I need to replace the door controller and/or get anything programmed?

lasstss

Reaction score
If they are black, yes, I would be. But I am still wondering if they in need of anything else to make them work? ie, do I need to replace the door controller and/or get anything programmed?
as the physically dont do anything thats non standard, just light up and or heat, I dont see why programming would be needed. My guess. Get somebody to send you one to try out. If no takers I can send you one of mine. Not sure if they are heated though. I have to look.

kjn86

Reaction score

I would love to switch mirrors with you honestly. Can't imagine anything is required. I would guess they are plug and play since they do less than the standard mirrors. In northern Virginia if you are interested. I kind of like the tow mirrors so I am not interested in paying to get them all redone, but I would trade/barter or find some arrangement.

lasstss

Reaction score
I would love to switch mirrors with you honestly. Can't imagine anything is required. I would guess they are plug and play since they do less than the standard mirrors. In northern Virginia if you are interested. I kind of like the tow mirrors so I am not interested in paying to get them all redone, but I would trade/barter or find some arrangement.
send me your info, which do you want to try L or R. Im in Maryland

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From FCA
Here is the BS line they sent me. Good luck.

Our records show that you have contacted us by prior emails regarding this matter and it has been addressed.

You have been advised the power folding mirrors were to be a standard option on the 1500. However, the Trailer Tow Group was added to the vehicle which includes the Trailer Tow Mirrors. The Trailer Tow Mirrors (which do not fold) replace the standard power folding mirrors. The window sticker would show all standard equipment even if an optional item deletes the standard.

I'm sorry we could not help you further, but appreciate the opportunity to review the situation with you.
-----

Except that on the window sticker, the equipment INCLUDED in the level one group comes after the statement on the tow package. If it gets negated by the tow package, it should not be shown as included in the level 1 group. This is all ducking the issue of bad representation.

I wonder if people have different window stickers. I have a Bighorn 4WD Crew Cab, with trailer tow package, "North" edition, and Level 2 equipment group. On my window sticker under the Level 2 window group list it shows "Power-Folding Mirrors (N/A w/Trailer-Tow Mirrors). Under my Trailer tow package it shows "Power Black Trailer-Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away". That all looks pretty clear to me that, at least on my truck, the power folding mirrors were superceded by the towing mirrors.

Mike S

Reaction score
Here is an update from my experience. After getting all the parts and the help from forum member's instructions and pictures it took me about 3 hours to do both mirrors. The one lesson learned was not to let the rubber/plastic cover that goes across the top of the door to come off. I wish I would have rolled the window down to do install. It took forever to get re-seated on first door I did. Other than that it all went pretty smooth. The mirrors all function as advertised with power folding, blind spot monitoring, puddle lamp, turn single, electric adjust. And to my complete surprise both mirrors dim. I was only expecting driver side to dim, but both dim which was a big bonus for me. And like others have said these mirrors are so much better than the tow mirrors. Night driving in city traffic is much better and visibility is still very good. Not to mention I can now easily fold mirrors when parking.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry...mine are chrome...but just sitting here.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Sorry such a hassle. Good luck..hang in there...it is worth it.

It turns out they shipped the wrong left door module. I'm "supposed" to get the correct one this coming Wednesday. The good news is I've got taking the door panel off and on down pat, so the switch out should only take a few minutes. Fingers crossed it finally works. :rolleyes:

lasstss

Reaction score
It turns out they shipped the wrong left door module. I'm "supposed" to get the correct one this coming Wednesday. The good news is I've got taking the door panel off and on down pat, so the switch out should only take a few minutes. Fingers crossed it finally works. :rolleyes:
Amazing after selling all of these they still manage to screw it up.

lasstss

Reaction score
I wonder if people have different window stickers. I have a Bighorn 4WD Crew Cab, with trailer tow package, "North" edition, and Level 2 equipment group. On my window sticker under the Level 2 window group list it shows "Power-Folding Mirrors (N/A w/Trailer-Tow Mirrors). Under my Trailer tow package it shows "Power Black Trailer-Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away". That all looks pretty clear to me that, at least on my truck, the power folding mirrors were superceded by the towing mirrors.
yours must be the corrected version. The left of my sticker says manual fold with tow option. On the right under level 1 group 'power folding mirrors'. In the list of included options. Shouldn't even be there.

marthawilliam

Reaction score
The heater emblems are on the mirror on the site.
IMG_3076_ecc51e6d-4ac6-4184-a57d-a458441721fd_1024x1024.JPG

These mirrors are very good my friend has been using this for long time in his towing truck which he use for his car towing service in new york.

Douglas

Reaction score
Here is an update from my experience. After getting all the parts and the help from forum member's instructions and pictures it took me about 3 hours to do both mirrors. The one lesson learned was not to let the rubber/plastic cover that goes across the top of the door to come off. I wish I would have rolled the window down to do install. It took forever to get re-seated on first door I did. Other than that it all went pretty smooth. The mirrors all function as advertised with power folding, blind spot monitoring, puddle lamp, turn single, electric adjust. And to my complete surprise both mirrors dim. I was only expecting driver side to dim, but both dim which was a big bonus for me. And like others have said these mirrors are so much better than the tow mirrors. Night driving in city traffic is much better and visibility is still very good. Not to mention I can now easily fold mirrors when parking.
Mike, I just read your post on the mirrors and we are desperate to replace the tow mirrors with the folding ones. Can you provide more details as to what and where you purchased the replacement folding mirrors. We hate the tow ones, big mistake to get them. Thanks in advance. Doug

Mike S

Reaction score
These mirrors are very good my friend has been using this for long time in his towing truck which he use for his car towing service in new york.
Mike, I just read your post on the mirrors and we are desperate to replace the tow mirrors with the folding ones. Can you provide more details as to what and where you purchased the replacement folding mirrors. We hate the tow ones, big mistake to get them. Thanks in advance. Doug
Hi Doug. Here is the site where I ordered the kit. https://www.infotainment.com/

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
OMG...shoot me. Don't know why they can not order the right parts. Don't worry Cyber Monday is almost here again...haha. We will all be experts at removing doors, mirrors after this.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score

Amazing after selling all of these they still manage to screw it up.

OMG...shoot me. Don't know why they can not order the right parts. Don't worry Cyber Monday is almost here again...haha. We will all be experts at removing doors, mirrors after this.

So the left door module finally showed up Thursday. I installed it in about 15 minutes yesterday morning and now everything works correctly. WAHOO! (y)

One last gem to share with you all on this whole clusterfark... From the time of placing the order (and paying for it), it took them three and a half months to get me the correct parts. Early last week, while I'm waiting for the door module, they send me an email saying to make sure to send back the wrong door module AS SOON I receive the correct one.

Yeah... I'll get right on that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tortugapir8

Reaction score
Email sent to FCA on this as well as now that I read into it and realize what I paid for doesn't make sense. I have a level 2 package that should have had power folding, camera-equipped mirrors and since I got the trailer tow package I ended up getting cheap, manual folding mirrors with no 360 camera.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
So the left door module finally showed up Thursday. I installed it in about 15 minutes yesterday morning and now everything works correctly. WAHOO! (y)

One last gem to share with you all on this whole clusterfark... From the time of placing the order (and paying for it), it took them three and a half months to get me the correct parts. Early last week, while I'm waiting for the door module, they send me an email saying to make sure to send back the wrong door module AS SOON I receive the correct one.

Yeah... I'll get right on that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Elizabeth....this is the big one!!

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread