5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
PART 2
Now it would take me about 30 min to do. Need a second person for some of it. But sooo much better than last mirrors. Good luck.

BTW...here is a link to an Infotainment video, but it is for a 2018 / NOT 2019 Ram. So it is not exactly the same but did help me a little to be more familier with the process. So by watching the video and then my pix and notes should help for the 2019 model. I have a 2019 Laramie so not sure if the Rebel and other models are exactly the same.

Link:
Install Video for 2018 Ram (not 2019)

cant thank you enough(y):giggle:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here you go.

Driver Mirror
Regular mirror & small convex mirror
Blind spot, dimming, puddle, defrost, turn signal and retracting

Passenger Mirror
Wide angle & small convex mirror
Blind spot, puddle, defrost, turn signal and retracting (no dimming)

Only way to go...so much better. Let me know any other questions.
your the "Man"

Attachments

• 12uqds.jpg
    12uqds.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 15

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It took about 3 weeks for me to get everything. The OBDGenie showed up within a week, the mirrors and other parts about 3 weeks after ordering.

I got them installed yesterday and everything works as it should. Mirrors fold in and out, dim correctly, puddle lights and blind spot works fine. Haven't tried the defrost yet.

I hated that I lost so many features because of the tow package, but it was hard to find the truck with all the features that I wanted and I couldn't wait to order one. This kit made up for most of what I lost out on, except the 360 camera. I'm happy with it, just wish it were a little cheaper.

yea!!!:giggle::giggle:(y)...and i agree the price is a little bit high$$o_O

Tico77

Reaction score

lasstss

Reaction score
From FCA
Here is the BS line they sent me. Good luck.

Our records show that you have contacted us by prior emails regarding this matter and it has been addressed.

You have been advised the power folding mirrors were to be a standard option on the 1500. However, the Trailer Tow Group was added to the vehicle which includes the Trailer Tow Mirrors. The Trailer Tow Mirrors (which do not fold) replace the standard power folding mirrors. The window sticker would show all standard equipment even if an optional item deletes the standard.

I'm sorry we could not help you further, but appreciate the opportunity to review the situation with you.
-----

Except that on the window sticker, the equipment INCLUDED in the level one group comes after the statement on the tow package. If it gets negated by the tow package, it should not be shown as included in the level 1 group. This is all ducking the issue of bad representation.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
seem like you should try "Attorney General"since we have enough complainant here for him to resent us(IMHO)

Kidder

Reaction score
I'm logging a complaint that ignorance isn't a reason to change how a manufacturer does things. Who is in?!
Blame your dealer.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry bout that. The software gateway bypass is packaged the 2019 version of the OBDGenie. The software gateway module is on the left side, under the dash. I removed the extreme left pop-out panel and the park brake panel so I could see better. Unplug the 2 connectors from the module and plug them into the little bypass thing. Once the OBDGenie does it's thing, plug the 2 connectors back into the module. Not difficult at all on the 2019. On the 2018, FCA was kind enough to put all this behind the 8.4 display.

wow you made it so easy.thanks for taking a weight off my shoulder:LOL:.when it came to that i wasnt sure.especially when it comes to that type of electronics.my came i within 7days.all parts there.now i feel confident to use that module

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here goes. Remove the park brake switch insert. This photo is taken through that opening. You will need to reach up from the bottom (to the left of the brake pedal) to reach the 2 connectors. Unplug the connectors and plug each one into the OBDGenie bypass. Once you're finished with OBDGenie and THE MIRRORS ARE FOLDING, unplug from the bypass and back into the moduie.

View attachment 13899

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im going to the "installer"tomorrow.but when you put that "obdgen"did you turn your truck on "run"or "start" to down load the program ?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it is worth...the black ones that I just put on my truck are heated, blind spot, puddle lights, retract and drivers dim. They come in all flavors. Way too complex, they should all have all the features in my opinion. Yes they are smaller and also don't stick out so far...that is what I personally like about them. Yes I tow a horse trailer also...still like them better than the tow mirrors. But some people swear by the tow mirrors...I just swear at them.

:LOL::LOL:

RichT

Reaction score
Are the tow mirrors on the Mopar site (82215276AB, $400) the same mirrors used with the tow package? And are they basically plug n' play, or programming required?

Thinking of trying them out, I do not need the power fold.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here you go.

Driver Mirror
Regular mirror & small convex mirror
Blind spot, dimming, puddle, defrost, turn signal and retracting

Passenger Mirror
Wide angle & small convex mirror
Blind spot, puddle, defrost, turn signal and retracting (no dimming)

Only way to go...so much better. Let me know any other questions.

thank you so much for all this info!

lasstss

Reaction score
Are the tow mirrors on the Mopar site (82215276AB, $400) the same mirrors used with the tow package? And are they basically plug n' play, or programming required?

Thinking of trying them out, I do not need the power fold.
There are a lot of cheap tow mirrors available here.

Users who are viewing this thread