5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Mount Oil Filter

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Well. It’s on. Took a bit longer than expected mostly due to clean up etc. but it is in. Havnt really noticed a pressure drop. After a couple days of driving I will recheck the hoses.

The ones at the OEM filter adapter location are a pain to get to. But slow and steady wins the race. Like I said; After a few more cycles and some drive time I’ll check all the fittings. Not seeing any leaks but for some peace of mind.

I’ll put a phot in here. I’m going to do a bit more clean up but I wrapped up right as a downpour hit. So fashionable for timing to finish.

179fd50514453ec45d3e0ffd9547bfca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good! I installed mine over a year and a half ago and no leaks whatsoever, and no drop in oil psi. I installed everything hand tight, marked the fittings, then removed and torqued to specs and reinstalled. That made it much easier and also knowing the correct ft lbs put my mind at ease. Don't forget to "add" an additional 24 - 28 ozs of oil to make up for the hoses and larger oil filter. Your going to "love" your next oil change!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well. It’s on. Took a bit longer than expected mostly due to clean up etc. but it is in. Havnt really noticed a pressure drop. After a couple days of driving I will recheck the hoses.

The ones at the OEM filter adapter location are a pain to get to. But slow and steady wins the race. Like I said; After a few more cycles and some drive time I’ll check all the fittings. Not seeing any leaks but for some peace of mind.

I’ll put a phot in here. I’m going to do a bit more clean up but I wrapped up right as a downpour hit. So fashionable for timing to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Installed mine last weekend and tightening those at the OEM location are a PITA but once done, well worth it. No notice in pressure drop, no leaks, and I think maybe a 1/4 (?) more oil due to the hoses. Kit is well made.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I def topped it off when done.

And they def were a bear to tighten back at the OEM location haha..

Now I am curious.. what to you guys see in oil PSI cold vs hot and then on hwy... I guess i never really looked, Just looked up spec on the PSI it should be on google.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score

stubbled on this thread for oil pressures in case anyone was wanting to gauge theirs on other trucks.

bocco

Reaction score
Apologies if I missed this in the thread but is there a larger filter that will fit the Pacbrake kit?

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Are you using the OEM filter#
I run Wix filters, and next is an OEM Mopar. I usually order the Wix a few at a time. I tried a Wix XP this last go round and honestly i'm going to stay with the standard Wix. No issues but the XP costs a little more and has a different media for longer oil change intervals; I change the oil before the factory service interval on everything I have. No point to not run the standard Wix in my case.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For larger filters use MO-899, MO-041 (SRT filter), Wix 57899XP, Fram XG2, or Royal Purple 20-820. There is also a Wix version of the SRT filter. Basically use 2013 Ram Hemi for filter search, pre electric steering rack

SueHarada

Reaction score
tried and true trick which I use on my aircraft, is drain the oil / put drain plug back in / start engine / run for about 10-15 secs / shut down / wait a few minutes / take filter off / my filter is practically empty, minimal mess, or get a relocation kit and good luck with hoses not leaking.

Av1

Reaction score
tried and true trick which I use on my aircraft, is drain the oil / put drain plug back in / start engine / run for about 10-15 secs / shut down / wait a few minutes / take filter off / my filter is practically empty, minimal mess, or get a relocation kit and good luck with hoses not leaking.

That is certainly not "best practice" for the longevity of an engine. I would highly recommend not doing that, especially with regard to aircraft engines.

I won't change your mind, but it's not a good idea to do that.

vincentw56

Reaction score
That is certainly not "best practice" for the longevity of an engine. I would highly recommend not doing that, especially with regard to aircraft engines.

I won't change your mind, but it's not a good idea to do that.
Right? I was thinking, "who in their right mind would start an engine with no oil in it, even for a few seconds?". That's crazy

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right? I was thinking, "who in their right mind would start an engine with no oil in it, even for a few seconds?". That's crazy
I remember the Slick 50 ads back in the day that showed their engine running "with no oil" <wink wink>

BowDown

Reaction score

Note to self, don't accept a plane ride from ^^

6of36

Reaction score
I remember the Slick 50 ads back in the day that showed their engine running "with no oil" <wink wink>
Back in the 80s, I bought a Dart, with a 6, for parts for my Demon. After I got my parts, I drained the oil to see how long it would last. I gave up after 20 miles, and it was still running. You couldn't kill slant sixes.:p

BowDown

Reaction score
Back in the 80s, I bought a Dart, with a 6, for parts for my Demon. After I got my parts, I drained the oil to see how long it would last. I gave up after 20 miles, and it was still running. You couldn't kill slant sixes.:p

You know, all through my Mopar years I've heard the exact same thing about Slant 6, they won't die

A-TEAM

Reaction score
I’ve decided im in for the long haul with my ram and sick of the PITA oil changes. Grabbed the pacbrake kit so I can run more oil, bigger filters, and easier changes. Will post after installing.

Attachments

• IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread