5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recon LED 3rd Brake Light 2019+

mrod909

Reaction score
a285bbf05c3697c0c3126b5cf5dabbcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a lot of moisture! I kept my eye on my mine after installing it due to all of the posts about this. After a few days of rain and taking it to through a car wash I noticed no moisture or water in my unit. Still going to watch it however.

U

User_63152

NOT HAPPY!!!

I am sending this back. I better get a refund, too.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 104
U

User_63152

I have no idea how long that condensation has been there, either. I just checked it today. I don’t remember the last time I really looked at it before this. Maybe 2-3 weeks ago. As far as I knew, it was bone dry. Apparently not.

I just put the stock OEM fixture back in.

I contacted Recon. I am waiting for a response. Personally, I think that this product is way too expensive to be failing like this. It has happened to way too many people on this forum. I metioned that to Recon in my email, too.

I don’t want another one, to be honest. I hope I get my money back.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I ordered some of the newest LASFIT 921's for the cargo lights. Don't care about the high mount brake. I will leave that stock.

10% off. :cool:

If those give me trouble, then it's back to Diode Dynamics. :ROFLMAO:
They gave me trouble and so did the Diode Dynamics. My Recon has been the only trouble-free unit and so far, no condensation issues. Third brake lights shouldn't be this difficult haha.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous.. idk why do u guys keep buying em with all these issues!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is also still holding up well, but I haven't let my guard down for a minute. Recon claims that the condensation issues are few and far between but just based on the sample group in this thread, I'd say nearly half of us have had trouble with moisture so far. I'm sure it is a bigger issue than what they're willing to admit.

@bluearcade71, have you heard back from them yet? Did they issue you a full refund?

1500DFW

Reaction score
Mine has also not given me any key fob issues. I did have condensation on both units I bought. But since I siliconed the screw holes I haven’t had any problems. It’s a real pain but works now so I’ll just leave everything alone.

U

User_63152

Mine is also still holding up well, but I haven't let my guard down for a minute. Recon claims that the condensation issues are few and far between but just based on the sample group in this thread, I'd say nearly half of us have had trouble with moisture so far. I'm sure it is a bigger issue than what they're willing to admit.

@bluearcade71, have you heard back from them yet? Did they issue you a full refund?
Haven't heard anything, yet.

U

User_63152

I got a response from Recon. They won't give refunds for a "defective product". Yes, he put defective product in "". Subtle. He offered me a replacement or store credit. I chose replacement. But, I will be offering it up for sale on here, if anyone is interested. I won't even open the box.

I responded to him with a semi-lengthy note stating that this is not an isolated incident and they might want to try and fix the problem with the housing, or whatever it is. I get the feeling they really don't want to deal with this issue. That is completely my opinion, though.

Dirt_McGirt8732

Reaction score
I’ve had the same condensation issue on mine. Contacted Recon and they sent out a replacement. When I took the old unit off, I could actually see a hole on the medial aspect on the inside of the left outer screw hole. Inspected the new light and didn’t see said hole, so figured that was the culprit. Installed the new light and all was good. A week or two ago we had some bouts of rain and the new light fogged right up. I think it’s actually worse on the replacement compared to the first one. Not sure what I’m gonna do at this point, maybe just get an OEM. Pisses me off.

U

User_63152

I’ve had the same condensation issue on mine. Contacted Recon and they sent out a replacement. When I took the old unit off, I could actually see a hole on the medial aspect on the inside of the left outer screw hole. Inspected the new light and didn’t see said hole, so figured that was the culprit. Installed the new light and all was good. A week or two ago we had some bouts of rain and the new light fogged right up. I think it’s actually worse on the replacement compared to the first one. Not sure what I’m gonna do at this point, maybe just get an OEM. Pisses me off.
Why they won't admit, or at least consider the notion, that there's an obvious problem is beyond me. Did they let you keep the old one, or did you have to send it back. If you did, I am sure you had to pay for return shipping. Am I right?

I went back to OEM and put some LASFIT 921's in the cargos. I left the 3rd brake light stock. It works fine, no issues. I shouldn't have bought that Recon garbage in the first place.

U

User_63152

Apparently, these are out of stock, so, I am waiting to get a replacement. I will be selling it if anyone is interested.

U

User_63152

I ended up buying Diode Dynamics cargo and 3rd brake LED lights, again. I will return the LASFIT to Amazon. They work fine, but, I want the best.

U

User_63152

Mine has also not given me any key fob issues. I did have condensation on both units I bought. But since I siliconed the screw holes I haven’t had any problems. It’s a real pain but works now so I’ll just leave everything alone.
Can you elaborate on "siliconed the screw holes? Just fill the holes, then screw it in?

1500DFW

Reaction score
You bolt it on first, then fill the screw holes with silicone.

Exactly. I did put silicone on the back side of the holes. A pretty good amount before I placed the light on the frame. Screwed it in. Put more silicone in the holes. Called it a day.

I had good luck this whole time until coincidentally I was washing my truck before I saw this reply and I saw fog on the inside of the lens. I don’t know if it’s coming from somewhere else. Or my silicone came loose. Or if I just got lucky every other time I sprayed it.

I’m past any additional refund period. At this point I still really like the look of the light. I’ll just deal with it until it breaks or I decide to buy OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online