5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recon LED 3rd Brake Light 2019+

U

User_63152

It's been about 1 month after I reinstalled the Recon 3rd brake light. I believe the silicon worked! There is no condensation it the housing at all. It has been through a few car washes and 3-4 really good rainstorms. I am very pleased. I really like the light, so, I am glad it worked out.

UnclJim

Reaction score
It's been about 1 month after I reinstalled the Recon 3rd brake light. I believe the silicon worked! There is no condensation it the housing at all. It has been through a few car washes and 3-4 really good rainstorms. I am very pleased. I really like the light, so, I am glad it worked out.
any Issues with key fob interference?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you as well. Really is a shame that you had to use silicone on a brand new unit, but it is what it is I guess. At least you found a resolution! Hopefully it continues to hold up for you long term!

U

User_63152

Well, I should have known it was too good to be true. There is some condensation inside my Recon light, again. It's on the opposite side as the first time. I am very disheartened by this whole ordeal. I am just going to go back to the stock 3rd brake light. I'm over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_63152

I sent them a message. By the way, they raised the priced to $349. What a crock!!!

-I have changed my mind. I do not want a replacement light. As far as I am concerned, this is a $280 lesson learned. I think your product is garbage. You know there is a problem, and you do nothing. Also, your no return policy is a joke. You can keep your cheap crap. And, I see you raised the price on these lights. Good luck selling them. You'll need it.-

Harsh, maybe. But, I am upset. I would NEVER recommend their products.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
About a month ago, I was considering buying this light, but I wanted to see if the QC issues were isolated. I'm glad I decided to try the Lasfit LED's. They work and look great and just a fraction of the cost.

U

User_63152

That's what I am going back to. The LASFIT lights worked perfectly fine for me the first time. Plus, They are brighter (by a smidge) than the Diode Dynamics. And, 1/3rd the price. I won't take anything away from DD. They make great stuff. I just don't want to spend that amount of money on the lights. ;)

UnclJim

Reaction score
I sent them a message. By the way, they raised the priced to $349. What a crock!!!

-I have changed my mind. I do not want a replacement light. As far as I am concerned, this is a $280 lesson learned. I think your product is garbage. You know there is a problem, and you do nothing. Also, your no return policy is a joke. You can keep your cheap crap. And, I see you raised the price on these lights. Good luck selling them. You'll need it.-

Harsh, maybe. But, I am upset. I would NEVER recommend their products.
Think Ill just tint mine..

U

User_67930

I used Nite-Shade spray tint from VHT, works great on my 3rd brake light. You can make it as light or dark as you want by how many coats you apply.
Blends in perfectly with my black roof.

3rd.jpg

U

User_63152

I bought another pair of the LASFIT LED's for the cargos and reinstalled the OEM housing. Had to clean off the silicone from the screws. What a mess. I left the brake light bulb stock halogen. Good enough. Maybe I will get the lens tinted. Really don't want to deal with it anymore, honestly. I am going to just toss the Recon housing in the trash. Unless someone wants it for cheap, cheap, cheap!!!

Either that, or I will smash the crap out of it, take a picture, then email the pic to Recon with a note stating "This is how I feel about your product".

Well, maybe that is carrying it too far. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread