5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

tom318

Reaction score
So mine (P026C) is coming and going, seems to be 1-2 days off, 1-2 days on. The dealer service manager updated me saying that this appears to be just a software issue. I'm not completely sold on it, but my first instinct was also to pop in a new fuel filter. I have contacted RamCares and they have opened a case/inquiry for me. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.
I cleared the code again to see if it will constantly come on with 100miles of driving. I scrapped the filter idea as the O-ring could be compromised after taking it off so that wouldn't of made me any more confident that I didn't make the issue worse. Truck drives 100% fine currently. I haven't noticed any fuel cutting or performance issue.

d3sarius

Reaction score
I cleared the code again to see if it will constantly come on with 100miles of driving. I scrapped the filter idea as the O-ring could be compromised after taking it off so that wouldn't have made me any more confident that I didn't make the issue worse. Truck drives 100% fine currently. I haven't noticed any fuel cutting or performance issue.
How many miles do you have? My light has stayed off for a few hundred miles, but I’m not convinced it won’t come back on.

I want to pull the MAP sensor and inspect it. I’ve seen reports of dirty sensors at 50,000 miles. I am at 45,000.

tom318

Reaction score
How many miles do you have? My light has stayed off for a few hundred miles, but I’m not convinced it won’t come back on.

I want to pull the MAP sensor and inspect it. I’ve seen reports of dirty sensors at 50,000 miles. I am at 45,000.
I have just over 75k miles. I've done about 400 miles since clearing the code and it hasn't returned yet......

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
So truck had a visit to the dealer yesterday. Service manager said they updated the PCM and the issue should be gone permanently. Well the check engine light came on 18 hours later. Truck seems to be running a little down on power but only in certain situations. Turbo lag seems a bit more pronounced especially at speed. Calling the dealer on Monday to let them know the fix didn’t hold up. Keeping my fingers crossed. Fuel mileage has also taken a pretty decent hit.
So, some time has passed and my CEL hasn't returned after another trip to the dealer last thursday. Light has been off for more than a week now and the truck is running fine. Curious if maybe I just got some bad fuel at the same time this issue came up, or if bad fuel caused the issue.

Wtray

Reaction score
I had this error come up with me and put the truck into limp mode while I was towing a Uhaul, was 300 miles from home. Did some Youtube/google studying, I found that our MAP sensors can clog pretty easily and needed to be cleaned up. I bought some CRC MAF cleaner, tools from harbor freight and cleaned it. Using my Banks i-dash, I cleared the code and truck hasn't had another issue since and yes the MAP sensor was clogged.

Last edited:

gorilla57

Reaction score
How does the MAF get "clogged"? It's just after the air filter and that should be clean air there. Do you mean MAP sensor?

insulso

Reaction score
It is very worrisome that no plan or fix seems to be available… I guess is time to trade in and move to an F150(Raptor). My truck is a 2020 Rebel with 0 issues other than having some tears on the driver seat right at the seams. I took it to the dealer, they order the part and 2 months later no calls to get it fixed. I weight 150 lbs and work at an office, so no, my pants and long sleeve shirt did not cause the tears. Anyway, in summary I love the truck but probably will trade in before I get stuck with a damage hpfp and no parts to fix it while paying 600-700 in car payment.

Wtray

Reaction score
How does the MAF get "clogged"? It's just after the air filter and that should be clean air there. Do you mean MAP sensor?
Yes, the one at top of the motor by the EGR pipe. Thank you for the correction. Youtube/google university here. I am handy enough to keep my family from being stranded most the time.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is very worrisome that no plan or fix seems to be available… I guess is time to trade in and move to an F150(Raptor). My truck is a 2020 Rebel with 0 issues other than having some tears on the driver seat right at the seams. I took it to the dealer, they order the part and 2 months later no calls to get it fixed. I weight 150 lbs and work at an office, so no, my pants and long sleeve shirt did not cause the tears. Anyway, in summary I love the truck but probably will trade in before I get stuck with a damage hpfp and no parts to fix it while paying 600-700 in car payment.
There is a plan. They just haven't announced it yet.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I will pull my Sensor at the next Oil Change and clean it just as a preventative measure.
I believe the GDE tune cuts most of the EGR gasses flowing back to the intake.

Malodave

tom318

Reaction score
I guess I will pull my Sensor at the next Oil Change and clean it just as a preventative measure.
I believe the GDE tune cuts most of the EGR gasses flowing back to the intake.

Malodave
How many miles on the truck and how many of those are with the GDE tune?
Maybe its worth taking a picture of it before cleaning? I'm at 76k miles and no tune. Ill take a picture of mine next oil change. Be interesting to see if there is a noticeable difference in buildup.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am at 49K miles. I have had the Tune since they offered it for the Gen3 Engine.

It would probably be Fall or Late Fall when I do the Brakes also.

Oil Life is at 40% right now.

Malodave

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Yes, the one at top of the motor by the EGR pipe. Thank you for the correction. Youtube/google university here. I am handy enough to keep my family from being stranded most the time.
I assume it’s buried under a bunch of stuff right?

Wtray

Reaction score
I assume it’s buried under a bunch of stuff right?
I used the banks derringer video below to help me find it and figure out what I needed to remove to get to it then, 1 connector and 2 screws, the sensor comes out. Mine was clogged at 20k miles and I just cleaned it again at 32,000 miles just to keep it clean. It isn't hard to get, but can be time consuming.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
So, the truck took its second trip to the dealer today for my P026C issue. Service tells me the truck needs the fuel injectors cleaned to the tune of $580.00 plus tax. According to the dealer there is buildup inside my injectors causing this issue. This WILL NOT be covered under my factory powertrain warranty or under my extended bumper to bumper warranty. If one of my fuel injectors were to fail, it would be completely covered. Truck has 46,780 miles on it and is only 2 years and 1 month old.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, the truck took its second trip to the dealer today for my P026C issue. Service tells me the truck needs the fuel injectors cleaned to the tune of $580.00 plus tax. According to the dealer there is buildup inside my injectors causing this issue. This WILL NOT be covered under my factory powertrain warranty or under my extended bumper to bumper warranty. If one of my fuel injectors were to fail, it would be completely covered. Truck has 46,780 miles on it and is only 2 years and 1 month old.
Sounds like BS to me.

Ask them if they will refund your money if it doesn't work.

rammin03

Reaction score
Contact RAM directly, if the service has to touch it it should be covered given the age and mileage. Definitely post the **** out of this stealership! I would demand new injectors

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
FCA (over the phone) states that this injector cleaning service falls under “preventative maintenance” and is not a “repair of a mechanical failure.” Thus not covered under powertrain warranty. Injectors clogging at 46k miles in my eyes is a flat out mechanical failure. All I’m thinking of is the Z96 recall campaign/Bosch CP4 glitter bomb ticking away under the hood. I wonder if my pump is slowly sending metal through the system. Not the happiest thought. Picking the truck up tomorrow I’ll let y’all know what happens.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Sounds like BS to me.

Ask them if they will refund your money if it doesn't work.

They said I could apply for a reimbursement after the service, if the issue wasn’t resolved or if the fuel system blew up within the warranty period.

Users who are viewing this thread