5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a small can of MAF cleaner and throttle Body Cleaner at Wally World for $9.50.
Threw it in the in-floor storage bin until I do the Oil Change.

Got to order some more Filters and Oil for the next two Changes.

Filters are up $10 from the Last time I ordered. Now $53 each

Malodave

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea if this pomp is a good replacement for our recalled fuel pump? New to diesels. 2014-2019 RAM 1500 3.0L ECODIESEL CPX FUEL PUMP I know it says only to 2019 but I called and they said up to 2023.
If that’s the case, then that’s a game changer. I’ll have to start talking to them, and I may buy one of these since I have no interest in furthering the sandy foundation the recall provides.

gorilla57

Reaction score
If that’s the case, then that’s a game changer. I’ll have to start talking to them, and I may buy one of these since I have no interest in furthering the sandy foundation the recall provides.
Let us know what you figure out. If this is the next step, then we are GOLDEN!!!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Brutal_HO do you know anything about the fuel pumps or if the company RCD performance is reputable?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Brutal_HO do you know anything about the fuel pumps or if the company RCD performance is reputable?

Never heard of them before, seems like they're geared towards Fords. A quick search shows mixed results for their products, mostly injector complaints.

I would certainly do some research and due diligence if I were considering.

That said, be careful some of the links lead to an (old?) website that has badware and crap on it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Never heard of them before, seems like they're geared towards Fords. A quick search shows mixed results for their products, mostly injector complaints.

I would certainly do some research and due diligence if I were considering.

That said, be careful some of the links lead to an (old?) website that has badware and crap on it.
I found that mixed bag of injector reviews also. Thanks for checking that out.

MXZGUY

Reaction score
I found that mixed bag of injector reviews also. Thanks for checking that out.

Also what Ramblin Man posted was this person's 1st post also and the link states to 2019 when I first checked the link out, but now it said up to 2022. So not sure if this is legit.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Bosch 4.2 looks good from the outside. I would not purchase this until I saw how the cam moved the pistons.

70runner

Reaction score
RAM would very likely refuse to warranty at least the fuel system if the HPFP is replaced outside the recall.

Ramblin man

Reaction score
Also what Ramblin Man posted was this person's 1st post also and the link states to 2019 when I first checked the link out, but now it said up to 2022. So not sure if this is legit.
I’m a real person with one of these trucks. Just looking for answers like everyone else.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m a real person with one of these trucks. Just looking for answers like everyone else.
You just have to Cross Your Fingers, Cross your Eyes, and Cross your Legs. Then wait like the rest of us.

I have been using Hot Shots Everyday Diesel Treatment since new to try and stave of the disaster.
I have 52K Miles on my Truck.

Malodave

70runner

Reaction score
Yup, another Hot Shots user. Gen3 HPFP failure stories around here or on other RAM websites doesn't seem to be growing.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Inquired with RAM CARES about availability, Response:

The parts are currently on backorder at the moment and is restricted. Should your vehicle does fail, we do have a service part available until the fuel pump does become available. Thank you
William
Ram Cares

So they will replace it with the same pump until the real replacements are ready. If it does eat itself,
then they have to replace the whole fuel system from Tank, lines, pumps, and injectors.

Malodave

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Inquired with RAM CARES about availability, Response:

The parts are currently on backorder at the moment and is restricted. Should your vehicle does fail, we do have a service part available until the fuel pump does become available. Thank you
William
Ram Cares

So they will replace it with the same pump until the real replacements are ready. If it does eat itself,
then they have to replace the whole fuel system from Tank, lines, pumps, and injectors.

Malodave
That’s good news, assuming it gets backed up in real life.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
I agree. Total BS from your dealer. Run a big dose of Hotshots Diesel extreme through. Stuff works.
Very late to respond to you Chris3058, but I did exactly this a few weeks ago upon your recommendation. Ran a hot dose of that on a full tank of clean fresh fuel. drove the truck 300 miles at speeds of 55-70 MPH while locking the truck to 7th gear. Rpms were around 1,800-2,100 most of the drive. After the drive I noticed my throttle response improved, and the light went out on its own about 100 miles in. 5 weeks and it still hasn't returned! Thanks again for the response. -Mike

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very late to respond to you Chris3058, but I did exactly this a few weeks ago upon your recommendation. Ran a hot dose of that on a full tank of clean fresh fuel. drove the truck 300 miles at speeds of 55-70 MPH while locking the truck to 7th gear. Rpms were around 1,800-2,100 most of the drive. After the drive I noticed my throttle response improved, and the light went out on its own about 100 miles in. 5 weeks and it still hasn't returned! Thanks again for the response. -Mike
What amount of Diesel Extreme did you use and for how many gallons of fuel?

Users who are viewing this thread