5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

d3sarius

Reaction score
A brief update on my P026C code. I saw some references elsewhere online to some success driving the engine hard. I added some injector cleaner to my fuel, changed my air filter (which was admittedly passed due and pretty dirty), and drove the engine very hard for ~50 miles. I did probably 6 hard accelerations (pedal to the floor from a dead stop), and then I set the gear limiter to 5th/6th gear and drove 65-70mph to keep the engine to 2800-3000 RPMS for 50 miles over two drives. Code has been clear now for a few hundred miles. I’ll update if it returns.

For the curious, I live on a highway in a very rural area and my truck spends the majority of its life doing 70-75mph on the highway at 1800 rpm. I drive gently most of the time and tow rarely, so this seems to have helped. I do drive over 30,000 miles a year so, the it definitely sees use.

Reactions: c3k

d3sarius

Reaction score
A brief update on my P026C code. I saw some references elsewhere online to some success driving the engine hard. I added some injector cleaner to my fuel, changed my air filter (which was admittedly passed due and pretty dirty), and drove the engine very hard for ~50 miles. I did probably 6 hard accelerations (pedal to the floor from a dead stop), and then I set the gear limiter to 5th/6th gear and drove 65-70mph to keep the engine to 2800-3000 RPMS for 50 miles over two drives. Code has been clear now for a few hundred miles. I’ll update if it returns.

For the curious, I live on a highway in a very rural area and my truck spends the majority of its life doing 70-75mph on the highway at 1800 rpm. I drive gently most of the time and tow rarely, so this seems to have helped. I do drive over 30,000 miles a year so, the it definitely sees use.
My check engine light came back on. P026C persists.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
So truck had a visit to the dealer yesterday. Service manager said they updated the PCM and the issue should be gone permanently. Well the check engine light came on 18 hours later. Truck seems to be running a little down on power but only in certain situations. Turbo lag seems a bit more pronounced especially at speed. Calling the dealer on Monday to let them know the fix didn’t hold up. Keeping my fingers crossed. Fuel mileage has also taken a pretty decent hit.

d3sarius

Reaction score
My code cleared itself and the light turned off. Two days later, the light came back on for 50 miles. A day later, it turned off again.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This now applies to the 2022 trucks. Knew it was coming eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_2385.png
    IMG_2385.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 63

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't recall any posts upthread that has identified the replacement pump but you should all hope they figured out a way to replace the POS CP4 with a new style CP3.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't recall any posts upthread that has identified the replacement pump but you should all hope they figured out a way to replace the POS CP4 with a new style CP3.
I hope that happens, but I can’t envision Stellantis doing that for a discontinued engine. Maybe an aftermarket company will eventually, but I don’t get a warm and fuzzy when S&S has no plans to produce just a disaster recovery kit. That would be a cheaper and easier option, and to me, that’s the indicator that aftermarket companies don’t have an interest in further development. I hope I’m wrong though.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are probably hoping that the truck goes out of Warranty or is sold so they don't have to cover the cost.

Malodave

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are probably hoping that the truck goes out of Warranty or is sold so they don't have to cover the cost.

Malodave
Now that there's an official recall I don't think warranty or mileage matters. They have to fix it as it's a know issue.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My code cleared itself and the light turned off. Two days later, the light came back on for 50 miles. A day later, it turned off again.
Hello,

If you can please send us a PM, our team would like to look further into this for you. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Now that there's an official recall I don't think warranty or mileage matters. They have to fix it as it's a know issue.

Correct, if there is an active recall, we will perform the repair free of charge no matter if the vehicle is out of warranty.

William
Ram Cares

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct, if there is an active recall, we will perform the repair free of charge no matter if the vehicle is out of warranty.

William
Ram Cares
Is there any timeline on the repair? I've heard nothing yet other than my initial notice.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder what Bosch's legal exposure is to this debacle?

RamCares

Reaction score
Is there any timeline on the repair? I've heard nothing yet other than my initial notice.

For the high pressure fuel pump we do not have a set ETA yet. Some dealers are able to get them, where other dealers struggle. Our team is still working with suppliers on getting this resolved. We appreciate your patience on this matter. A notification letter will be sent out once their is a repair remedy that is available on your vehicle for service.

William
Ram Cares

tom318

Reaction score
Got my P026C code today.....60miles after a fill up and 150miles after fuel filter replacement. 75k miles on the truck and drives fine. Just did a 1500mile trip this past weekend with no issue. Cleared the code and we will see if it comes back. I’ll check the fuel filter housing once I have some more time on my hands. No leaks from a quick look so far.

RamCares

Reaction score
Got my P026C code today.....60miles after a fill up and 150miles after fuel filter replacement. 75k miles on the truck and drives fine. Just did a 1500mile trip this past weekend with no issue. Cleared the code and we will see if it comes back. I’ll check the fuel filter housing once I have some more time on my hands. No leaks from a quick look so far.
Hello,

Our team would like to hear more from you on your feedback, should you run into any issues, please reach out to us directly. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Argolfer

Reaction score
For the high pressure fuel pump we do not have a set ETA yet. Some dealers are able to get them, where other dealers struggle. Our team is still working with suppliers on getting this resolved. We appreciate your patience on this matter. A notification letter will be sent out once their is a repair remedy that is available on your vehicle for service.

William
Ram Cares
Could you give us details on the replacement pump? How is it different from the original? Thank you.

tom318

Reaction score
Mine came back today after 72miles. As I recently changed the fuel filter, I’ll drop it again and reinstall to make sure nothing was done incorrectly. Ill re-prime and see how that goes. If that doesn’t work I guess I’ll give the dealer a call.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Mine came back today after 72miles. As I recently changed the fuel filter, I’ll drop it again and reinstall to make sure nothing was done incorrectly. Ill re-prime and see how that goes. If that doesn’t work I guess I’ll give the dealer a call.
So mine (P026C) is coming and going, seems to be 1-2 days off, 1-2 days on. The dealer service manager updated me saying that this appears to be just a software issue. I'm not completely sold on it, but my first instinct was also to pop in a new fuel filter. I have contacted RamCares and they have opened a case/inquiry for me. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/