5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

Someolddude

Reaction score
Well, crap... I just picked the truck up this afternoon. Had I known I'd asked the service department to let me look at the pump they removed. Makes absolutely no sense that they'd spend money and effort to replace the problem pump with the same one.
The removed pump pictured above has a different part number. 0 445 010 664
Poking around with Google there are many variations on the CP4 design, each with a unique part number. The 0 445 012 013 is what they put in my vehicle as a replacement.
Two different CP4 pumps.

70runner

Reaction score
Well, crap... I just picked the truck up this afternoon. Had I known I'd asked the service department to let me look at the pump they removed. Makes absolutely no sense that they'd spend money and effort to replace the problem pump with the same one.
The removed pump pictured above has a different part number. 0 445 010 664
Poking around with Google there are many variations on the CP4 design, each with a unique part number. The 0 445 012 013 is what they put in my vehicle as a replacement.
Two different CP4 pumps.
I guess the question remains, does this 012 013 replacement remedy the round cups design?

Toxic1

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a fuel MPG change since having the HPFP replaced? From new and up to having the pump replaced (8200 miles), on a trip up to my camp in Maine I averaged a low of 28.5 to a best of 30.3 mpg for the 600 mile round trip. First time this weekend after the pump was replaced, 26.4 MPG. Could have been conditions and my driving so I want to make a couple more roundtrips before questioning my dealer.

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a fuel MPG change since having the HPFP replaced? From new and up to having the pump replaced (8200 miles), on a trip up to my camp in Maine I averaged a low of 28.5 to a best of 30.3 mpg for the 600 mile round trip. First time this weekend after the pump was replaced, 26.4 MPG. Could have been conditions and my driving so I want to make a couple more roundtrips before questioning my dealer.

I am still waiting yet for my pump. Just called dealer this morning after 3 months since I was put on the list. Right now, I am at 26 plus for this winter driving. I have a mix of different roads also.

Was your better mileage during warmer weather??

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just did a roughly 400 mile round trip and got my usual winter mileage right around 27mpg. In the summer I will see 30mpg on the longer trips.

Someolddude

Reaction score
Pre-pump best miles 300 mile trip 29.
Post pump so far 150 mile trip 32.
Similar temps and route.
I drive gently.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the warranty will be on this new pump after its installed? I haven't seen any mention of it.
I had one of my CV axle shaft replaced a few weeks ago, covered under warranty, they told me any OEM parts replaced at the dealer is covered for 2 years less 1 day, unlimited miles, my truck has 91,000km and warranty ends at 100,000km, but again, the CV shaft will be guaranteed for 2 years less 1 day even after surpassing the 100,000km.
So to answer you question, the replaced pump would also fall under the 2 years less 1 day warranty.

This is in Canada but it must be the same in USA.

MXZGUY

Reaction score
Well received call yesterday. HPFP is in and will be getting this done the 4th of March. So hopefully all goes well.

PNW1500

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at the dealer yesterday for both the TRSCM and HPFP recalls and it took maybe 4 hours total.
I'm at 43k miles and this has been the most worry free vehicle I've owned so far.

Toxic1

Reaction score
Dropped my truck off at the dealer yesterday for both the TRSCM and HPFP recalls and it took maybe 4 hours total.
I'm at 43k miles and this has been the most worry free vehicle I've owned so far.
4 hours?.....My dealer told me up front it was a 2 day job and after some confusion with the service and parts department, got it back on day 4.

PNW1500

Reaction score
4 hours?.....My dealer told me up front it was a 2 day job and after some confusion with the service and parts department, got it back on day 4.

Yes, 4 hours. Dealer told me it was spec'd as a 2 day job as well, to give themselves some leeway if things didn't go smoothly. He said realistically, they should be able to turn it around in a day. It's just the way some things go sometimes though, a 4 hour job could easily turn into a 4 day job. There has been a lot of confusion over this part between service and parts though, so I'm not surprised.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just changing the pump is spec'd at 1.8 hours under the recall notice. If the pump ate itself,
then everything needs to be changed. The Software update on the rear camera/Trailer steering,
Should only take a hour or so.

They did a software update for my rear parking sensors that took them 10 hours because it would
not communicate with the BCM.

Malodave

TSL

Reaction score
Yes, 4 hours. Dealer told me it was spec'd as a 2 day job as well, to give themselves some leeway if things didn't go smoothly. He said realistically, they should be able to turn it around in a day. It's just the way some things go sometimes though, a 4 hour job could easily turn into a 4 day job. There has been a lot of confusion over this part between service and parts though, so I'm not surprised.
I was also told 2 days but they got it done in one day. Dropped it off at around 9am, they gave me a ride home, and called me about 5pm to say it was ready to pick up.
I've done a few short trips since ( 20 to 30 miles each ) and no issues so far, nothing obviously different about the truck

MXZGUY

Reaction score
I was also told 2 days but they got it done in one day. Dropped it off at around 9am, they gave me a ride home, and called me about 5pm to say it was ready to pick up.
I've done a few short trips since ( 20 to 30 miles each ) and no issues so far, nothing obviously different about the truck
Dealer told me about 2 hours and should be good to go. I have a 2 hour drive to the dealership. Then 2 hours back home. By then should be able to tell if anything is going to go wrong I hope. I could of maybe had this done at a dealer closer but figured best to take back to where I bought the truck. Never know might want to trade their again and then they have the proper records even though I know it goes into the Mopar computer system. Piece of mine for me.
Other than that, the truck has been good to me and has not seen the dealer since I have drove off lot. I do all my own oil changes, fuel filter replacements and tire rotations too. Headed north of 20,000 miles this week too.

TSL

Reaction score
Dealer told me about 2 hours and should be good to go. I have a 2 hour drive to the dealership. Then 2 hours back home. By then should be able to tell if anything is going to go wrong I hope. I could of maybe had this done at a dealer closer but figured best to take back to where I bought the truck. Never know might want to trade their again and then they have the proper records even though I know it goes into the Mopar computer system. Piece of mine for me.
Other than that, the truck has been good to me and has not seen the dealer since I have drove off lot. I do all my own oil changes, fuel filter replacements and tire rotations too. Headed north of 20,000 miles this week too.
After letting them do the first fuel filter change ( at ~ 12k miles ) along with the HPFP recall, and paying them $195 labor + $89 for the filter I said to myself , "self, don't do that again ! learn how to change your own fuel filter" !

phisch

Reaction score
I called my dealer about the recall around Christmas time and they said they would put me on the list and get back with me when parts were available. Got a call this week and service scheduled for March 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread