5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel leveling kit

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
Nope. Kept with a stock height tire. Just went wider. Not even close to rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awesome, good to know. Was looking at 305/60/20 which is 34"x12" once I get the leveling done. I figure it should be good. Would love to put 35/12.5x20 but I think that would rub. Thanks for the input!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
awesome, good to know. Was looking at 305/60/20 which is 34"x12" once I get the leveling done. I figure it should be good. Would love to put 35/12.5x20 but I think that would rub. Thanks for the input!
No such thing as that tire size. It is either 295/60 or 305/55.

RichT

Reaction score
That’s a bit much. I was just over 900 installed with alignment. 525 for the kit and about 400 for install and alignment.

Its true. I get jacked for living where I do (bay area). I wimped out and went ahead and scheduled it though. I can do most things, but not comfortable screwing with my front end. Includes alignment of course.

I blame AEV and/or BSD for not having a kit yet. :rolleyes: Going to rip this out eventually and get an opportunity to pay even more! (y)

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
Sorry, I stand corrected! Looks like even Toyo has discontinued that size in Open Country AT's (a few used ones around, that's it)
All good, I prefer Nitto Trail Grapplers and they do not carry that size and after looking at several other manufacturers that size is not carried. I was using the tire calculator website when I came up with that size; which doesn't exist..LOL

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, I stand corrected! Looks like even Toyo has discontinued that size in Open Country AT's (a few used ones around, that's it)
No worries. I was looking for that size at one point too. Would have been perfect. Only a handful of used as you said.

Luxy72462

Reaction score

I have the 305/55/20’s

ajosephngs

Reaction score
Its true. I get jacked for living where I do (bay area). I wimped out and went ahead and scheduled it though. I can do most things, but not comfortable screwing with my front end. Includes alignment of course.

I blame AEV and/or BSD for not having a kit yet. :rolleyes: Going to rip this out eventually and get an opportunity to pay even more! (y)
Why would you replace it? For a lift? Kit seems just fine to me for every day driving. I did put a quad in the back today and even with just 600 pounds I could see the nose starting to point up as the a$$ coming down. Now, add a trailer a some real cargo and I imagine it’ll look silly.

Tommy R

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info here, folks. I just ordered my Motofab 2.5" spacers and the ReadyLift upper control arms from Amazon. Soon I hope to get rid of those Duratracs and get something different on there in a 295/70-18.....hopefully on different wheels, too.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info here, folks. I just ordered my Motofab 2.5" spacers and the ReadyLift upper control arms from Amazon. Soon I hope to get rid of those Duratracs and get something different on there in a 295/70-18.....hopefully on different wheels, too.
Remember, follow the instructions to the letter, don't rush. That's if you've decided to try it yourself... and always retorque everything after about 50 miles and then the alignment!

Enjoy!

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
Just finished up the 2” Readylift leveling kit with the upper control arms. #66-1921. Took me 1.5 hours to do so not bad at all. Front measures 40” from ground to top of wheel arch and 40.5” in the rear. Goes in to the dealer for new rims and tires on Thursday.
10d6017e041e8138667ecca815bcd2c4.jpg
4ceba2ddc5419ae794e1ff78ebaea104.jpg

What size rims and tires can you get on with the 2” kit?

Tommy R

Reaction score
Hey folks, any issues squeezing the strut back into position with a 2.5" spacer on top (on a Rebel)? I'm reading where it could be tough and wondering if a spring compressor would help? If so, I'd like to go grab one before I start (hopefully later today).

Thanks!
Tommy

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Hey folks, any issues squeezing the strut back into position with a 2.5" spacer on top (on a Rebel)? I'm reading where it could be tough and wondering if a spring compressor would help? If so, I'd like to go grab one before I start (hopefully later today).

Thanks!
Tommy

No need. It goes in. I unhooked the sway bar to allow the lower control arm to drop.

Tommy R

Reaction score
Jeez.... Finally wrapping up one side and I can't find the torque spec anywhere for the tie rod ends or the lug nuts. Searching has revealed nothing, but admittedly I'm kinda tired. :) Does anyone have these numbers handy?? Thanks!

Also, it was quite a battle getting the strut (with top hat) installed. The control arm had to be pushed down as far as I could and it was still quite a struggle. Driver side is in, however. It's getting dark so I'll likely do the passenger side tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread