5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel leveling kit

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Jeez.... Finally wrapping up one side and I can't find the torque spec anywhere for the tie rod ends or the lug nuts. Searching has revealed nothing, but admittedly I'm kinda tired. :) Does anyone have these numbers handy?? Thanks!

Also, it was quite a battle getting the strut (with top hat) installed. The control arm had to be pushed down as far as I could and it was still quite a struggle. Driver side is in, however. It's getting dark so I'll likely do the passenger side tomorrow morning.

A good long zap with a 1/2” impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy R

Reaction score
A good long zap with a 1/2” impact.

Done! ;) Actually, I finally found a site claiming 176 Nm for the lug nuts, which is about 130 ft-lbs. So that's approximately two ugga duggas for you technical folks. :)

Rebel03

Reaction score
I leveled my Rebel with air. Daystar spacer and some adjustable links. More info on other thread here.

20x10x-12 LRG Wheels
35x12.5x20 Pro Comp AT Sport Tires

Also added some steps here.

IMG_20190216_140328240_HDR.jpg

RebelJ89

Reaction score
Im new to all this as well and I'm trying to decide between 2" and 2.5". It's it just preference? I noticed a post earlier said his 2" was still .5 lower than rear when measured. Will the 2.5 allow 35s without rubbing?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im new to all this as well and I'm trying to decide between 2" and 2.5". It's it just preference? I noticed a post earlier said his 2" was still .5 lower than rear when measured. Will the 2.5 allow 35s without rubbing?
It all depends on the offset of the wheel, plus the small variations from truck to truck. 35x11.50 will probably not rub as long as you are going somewhere between a 0 and +19 offset. 35x12.50 likely will rub but it is minimal and fixable.

RebelJ89

Reaction score
Ok thanks, still not sure if im gonna go 2" or 2.5" but for the UCAs, is the part number 67-1500?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok thanks, still not sure if im gonna go 2" or 2.5" but for the UCAs, is the part number 67-1500?
Yes that's the right part number. Best advice would be to park your truck on level ground then go measure it. Measure from the middle of the wheel to the bottom lip of the fender on front and back and see what the difference is. 2.5" for some trucks puts them slightly nose high. You may only need a 2" spacer.

Tommy R

Reaction score
When I installed the 2.5" Motofab tophat and ReadyLift UCAs my Rebel had a 1/2" negative rake. Keep in mind that I had almost 200 lbs. of tent/rack on the bed at the time so it may have sat level if that stuff were removed. I've since installed Air Lift helper bags for towing, but they also let me raise the rear a smidge to level the truck.

RebelJ89

Reaction score
I've seen the mopar UCAs for their 2" lift, any one used these? Will they have a good angle on the ball joints?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen the mopar UCAs for their 2" lift, any one used these? Will they have a good angle on the ball joints?
The angle on the Mopar UCAs is the same as the stock ones, but they are supposed to have a greater range of motion.

RebelJ89

Reaction score
I read on this site some guys with ORP had some issues with certain top hat spacers, wondering if any rebels have had issues.

Ashmoney

Reaction score
Has anybody installed 2” ready lift (both spacer and UCAs) with Nitto Grappler 35s on rebel stock wheels? I am keeping my quad rebel stock but with 35s.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Has anybody installed 2” ready lift (both spacer and UCAs) with Nitto Grappler 35s on rebel stock wheels? I am keeping my quad rebel stock but with 35s.

I’d like to know this as well, I have the RL 2 with the UCAs and want to go with a 35 if it’s possible

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
Curious, just saw this was listed as new on rough countrys website. Anyone have any opinions or suggestions? Would you still need to do a UCA?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191004-150444_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191004-150444_Chrome.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 118

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
Curious, just saw this was listed as new on rough countrys website. Anyone have any opinions or suggestions? Would you still need to do a UCA?

I would still do the UCA’s to get the better angle. Teraflex is coming out with new Falcon shocks for the Rebel soon. They demoed them on TFL truck on YouTube. Check it out!
Personally, I believe UCA’s are a must for better geometry and ride but some people do just leave the stocks in and seem happy.

orion

Reaction score
I would still do the UCA’s to get the better angle. Teraflex is coming out with new Falcon shocks for the Rebel soon. They demoed them on TFL truck on YouTube. Check it out!
Personally, I believe UCA’s are a must for better geometry and ride but some people do just leave the stocks in and seem happy.

Users who are viewing this thread