5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are already on page 1, but @speedbyu is the one that would have to add them to his post.
Maybe also add in the descriptions that it includes all hangers with brackets and the oval gasket. It is a complete system with the only thing being reused is the bolts.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
can we have the confirmed part numbers added to the first post to prevent confusion and additional asks?

I believe we are at:
68517364AA - driver side resonator + muffler
68517365AA - passenger side resonator
Sounds right, Dookie can confirm and tell us total price.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Confirmed, but the price is between you and your dealership or wherever you decide to purchase. My total cost was just under 1G for the two part numbers with tax. I installed it myself, which was probably the easiest exhaust install I have ever done.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m curious how this sounds on the highway cruising at ~2,300 rpm

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t tell you, my tires humming along is way louder than the exhaust. I cant hear the exhaust at all and very faintly while idling in traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Here’s what my truck sounds like. Sounds good to me but I really don’t have anything to compare it to.
This is what mine sounds like. Should I be checking under my GT to make sure both resonators are the same?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another cold start with full G/T system.

YEAH DOG!! thats that magic!!!

This is what mine sounds like. Should I be checking under my GT to make sure both resonators are the same?
You can to be sure, but most have said that post you quoted sounds correct...

Cda3488

Reaction score
Ok, I’ve read thru this whole thing and I’m more confused than when I started. So some are suggesting if the “GT” exhaust system needs replacing to do so ordering the muffler assembly that comes with the right resonator and adding another right resonator because it sounds better? I have a Laramie GT and want to get under it just to check and verify that the correct parts were installed at the factory. What numbers should I see on the muffler, right resonator, and left resonator? Are the tips GT specific ? I apologize but I’m getting older and just hearing that this is happening to people who have paid good money for these trucks pisses me off, is it too much to ask that we just get what we ordered and paid for? No one should be getting the run around from their dealer about something like this, there was a mistake made and they should fix it at no cost With no questions asked. I think they use to call that customer service.
I just got my Laramie GT and I can promise you there is no question, I have the GT exhaust. Sounds incredible!!

Cda3488

Reaction score
The G/T exhaust is the ****, so crisp and clean sounding. So so perfect for me.
I and others have already posted the two part numbers needed. Right now i have the stock RH passenger resonator and am awaiting the incoming G/T RH resonator and will install once in. Large difference in tone and volume between the two.

I agree mine is too!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well thats a few new reports of the correct system being delivered (even if with 2 "L" resos :ROFLMAO: ) perhaps they have identified and fixed the glitch at the pant? 🤞🤞🤞

t_henrickson

Reaction score
My first appointment with the dealer is right now. Truck is currently there to get looked at. I will update on what happens with this dealer. I also have an appointment with a second dealer in the area to get their opinion and see who can get it fixed first. One of the two should be able to make this right I would think.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealership, after all their due-diligence, the result is that they have ordered the exhaust (PN 364AA) for me, but there are none available until March 3 according to their systems. They have added an "VOR" (vehicle off road) code to the order which may make it appear sooner, but with all the supply chain issues, we're not holding our breath. Even March 3 is only an estimate, so that could change too . Thanks to @Dookie I was able to find the passenger resonator part number and can confirm I have the correct "GT" resonator on the passenger side.

Additional result from this that the dealership is checking every GT (only 1 or 2) on their lot for the correct exhaust, and adding this to their new vehicle inspection list.

thanks to everyone on the information to help get this fixed. I'll update once I know more. @t_henrickson, hopefully yours gets ordered similarly (i.e. VOR). It'll be interesting to see if we have similar delivery times between the USA and Canada

t_henrickson

Reaction score
The dealer has confirmed that my parts are not correct. The next step is to bring in the warranty manager who is out until tomorrow. After they confirm with the pictures that it's wrong they have to get ahold of the district manager for approval to order the correct parts. Seems like a bunch of BS that they need all these approvals. If something is broken when the vehicle is under warranty it's fixed right away no questions asked, why is this any different?

So I guess the good news is that things are happening. The bad news is it's not happening fast. Even if it was ordered today it likely won't show up until March, but going through all these approval channels will also take weeks or a month so it's looking like spring time before it's fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread