5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't know if it's due to a shortage or just **** poor parts management because dealers have reported receiving non G/T trucks in that have the G/T exhaust installed.
I'm guessing ****-poor management. Ram built several Level 2 TRX's that were missing some components (HK stereo, digital rearview mirror, head up display). Allegedly, a customer representative admitted that it was due to an error on their part - several employees were inputting bad information. So it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that this was just another screw-up on Ram's part.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
now THAT would suck... since those systems are way harder to correct once built than a cat-back. I hope they get a handle on it.

@Eighty do you know how soon into the trucks being on the line that they post the build sheets? and why i ask is, that's basically what "is supposed to be" on your truck... so do they do that thing at the beginning or at the end of the line? meaning is it something where we could catch a mistake and maybe fix it? or is it just too late by the time that thing is available? and i know the stuff in this thread is ON the build sheets and NOT on the truck, but i was just curious.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
now THAT would suck... since those systems are way harder to correct once built than a cat-back. I hope they get a handle on it.

@Eighty do you know how soon into the trucks being on the line that they post the build sheets? and why i ask is, that's basically what "is supposed to be" on your truck... so do they do that thing at the beginning or at the end of the line? meaning is it something where we could catch a mistake and maybe fix it? or is it just too late by the time that thing is available? and i know the stuff in this thread is ON the build sheets and NOT on the truck, but i was just curious.
It's my understanding that the build sheet is published the next business day AFTER the truck has gone down the main assembly line. So by the time you see it, the truck is already built.

KMach

Reaction score
In case anybody is curious, the G/T muffler/lh resonsator I ordered is back ordered till possibly March. The rh resonator I’ll have next week. I don’t have a Rebel, but pretty pumped to throw this under the ole girl. Pricing is very fair compared to my other options.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
In case anybody is curious, the G/T muffler/lh resonsator I ordered is back ordered till possibly March. The rh resonator I’ll have next week. I don’t have a Rebel, but pretty pumped to throw this under the ole girl. Pricing is very fair compared to my other options.
How much for everything

jgmac98

Reaction score
Update from my dealership:

They've had my truck all day and put it up on a lift next to another GT. They confirmed that the large stamped "C" numbers were different on the muffler and 1 resonator but somehow could not find an actual part number (even though I told them where it was and included a picture of it). Everyone agrees my exhaust doesn't sound right, but because they couldn't find the part number stamped anywhere, they think that there is a "quiet" and "loud" GT exhaust system... :ROFLMAO:

They are now waiting on Ram Canada (or whatever you want to call them) to advise them on how to go forward... I've asked them to put both trucks back up on the lifts and compare the part number that is engraved on the pipe that is welded to the front of the muffler (not sure how I can be more specific without doing it myself) before I pick my truck up tonight.

will continue to update as I find out more.

KMach

Reaction score
How much for everything
Less than $700 my cost.
My RH resonator came in today, picking it up tomorrow and install tomorrow eve. Looking forward to th “in stereo” G/T experience on my truck.
Downloaded a decibel app today to do some before and after testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to hearing the difference

jgmac98

Reaction score
My RH resonator came in today, picking it up tomorrow and install tomorrow eve. Looking forward to th “in stereo” G/T experience on my truck.
Downloaded a decibel app today to do some before and after testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
before you put the resonator on, can you look for where the part number is engraved? I've struggled to find the part number on my exhaust system and think that it is probably on the pipe going over the rear axel or something. I just don't have a lot of room to move around lying on the ground, so if you can tell me where it is on your part that would be a big help. thanks.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I'm hoping that once the DM and Ram gets involved that I can take one from the plant's inventory rather than wait until the next shipment comes in for the general public since my truck was supposed to come with this exhaust from the plant in the first place. But since logic isn't a realistic expectation I'm fully prepared to not have my correct exhaust until April or May.

I also told myself that if it's not corrected by end of May I'm just going to buy and install an aftermarket Borla system but not tell the dealer. Then I'll take my GT muffler after they order it and have a raffle or something 😂

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Update from my dealership:

They've had my truck all day and put it up on a lift next to another GT. They confirmed that the large stamped "C" numbers were different on the muffler and 1 resonator but somehow could not find an actual part number (even though I told them where it was and included a picture of it). Everyone agrees my exhaust doesn't sound right, but because they couldn't find the part number stamped anywhere, they think that there is a "quiet" and "loud" GT exhaust system... :ROFLMAO:

They are now waiting on Ram Canada (or whatever you want to call them) to advise them on how to go forward... I've asked them to put both trucks back up on the lifts and compare the part number that is engraved on the pipe that is welded to the front of the muffler (not sure how I can be more specific without doing it myself) before I pick my truck up tonight.

will continue to update as I find out more.
Did they ever find the part number to compare?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't understand why your dealer is fighting you so hard on this when they know and agree you have the incorrect Frankenstein'd exhaust from the factory. It's a mistake, fix it and be done. The proof has already been shown to them and heard by them. SMH, sorry, it's just stupidity and lack of fuk's given by them IMO. I'm certainly going to do what I can to assist both of your efforts.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I don't understand why your dealer is fighting you so hard on this when they know and agree you have the incorrect Frankenstein'd exhaust from the factory. It's a mistake, fix it and be done. The proof has already been shown to them and heard by them. SMH, sorry, it's just stupidity and lack of fuk's given by them IMO. I'm certainly going to do what I can to assist both of your efforts.

I'm with you. After seeing a picture or seeing the part number for themselves on mine and @jgmac98 's exhausts what approval could they possibly need to get to correct it? Just from hearing them alone they should know well enough to order the right parts, but even then if it was just a hearing test I can see the argument of needing some type of approval. But when it's LITERALLY the wrong part number underneath? What more evidence do they need???

jgmac98

Reaction score
Did they ever find the part number to compare?
As far as I know they never found the actual part numbers on the exhaust system themselves. They did find what the correct part numbers should be in a catalog but couldn't verify it on the actual truck. When I picked my truck up last night I left a printed copy of the exhaust diagram from the Mopar Parts site and highlighted where the part number is engraved (similar to the picture you posted here earlier) as well as included a photo of "201AL" on my set up.

I truely believe my dealership is going to get this fixed correctly. It's just frustrating when they are unable to locate a part number. Everyone agrees my truck doesn't sound like other GT's and multiple people at the dealership have all repeated it'll get fixed. My biggest concern is that my build sheet says I have the "NEAP" exhaust system installed (I believe the "P" is because it's part of a Package). I can easily see the build sheet and that while my truck doesn't sound like other GT's it does have a slightly different sound than normal stock systems (likely because I have the correct passenger/LH? side resonator), being used as an initial response of I have the correct system... So I'm making sure I'm prepared for that response and getting loaded up with all the ammunition so the back and forth can stop and we can fix it. I understand they need to do their due diligence with this, just taking longer than it should.

I'm hoping that once the DM and Ram gets involved that I can take one from the plant's inventory rather than wait until the next shipment comes in for the general public since my truck was supposed to come with this exhaust from the plant in the first place. But since logic isn't a realistic expectation I'm fully prepared to not have my correct exhaust until April or May.

I also told myself that if it's not corrected by end of May I'm just going to buy and install an aftermarket Borla system but not tell the dealer. Then I'll take my GT muffler after they order it and have a raffle or something 😂
The General Sales Manager at the dealership I'm dealing with mentioned that they could put a VOR code (Vehicle Off Road) code on the part order which would give highest priority for the delivery of the part. I'm not sure if that would include pulling a part off the factory floor or not. In they "hypothetical" case that the GT exhaust is >2months out, I'd be willing to look at either the Mopar Cat Back system or even something like the Borla Touring system as a replacement (paid for and installed by the dealership/RAM)... I pull a holiday trailer a lot in the summer with young kids, so I don't want anything too loud.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
As far as I know they never found the actual part numbers on the exhaust system themselves. They did find what the correct part numbers should be in a catalog but couldn't verify it on the actual truck. When I picked my truck up last night I left a printed copy of the exhaust diagram from the Mopar Parts site and highlighted where the part number is engraved (similar to the picture you posted here earlier) as well as included a photo of "201AL" on my set up.

I truely believe my dealership is going to get this fixed correctly. It's just frustrating when they are unable to locate a part number. Everyone agrees my truck doesn't sound like other GT's and multiple people at the dealership have all repeated it'll get fixed. My biggest concern is that my build sheet says I have the "NEAP" exhaust system installed (I believe the "P" is because it's part of a Package). I can easily see the build sheet and that while my truck doesn't sound like other GT's it does have a slightly different sound than normal stock systems (likely because I have the correct passenger/LH? side resonator), being used as an initial response of I have the correct system... So I'm making sure I'm prepared for that response and getting loaded up with all the ammunition so the back and forth can stop and we can fix it. I understand they need to do their due diligence with this, just taking longer than it should.

The General Sales Manager at the dealership I'm dealing with mentioned that they could put a VOR code (Vehicle Off Road) code on the part order which would give highest priority for the delivery of the part. I'm not sure if that would include pulling a part off the factory floor or not. In they "hypothetical" case that the GT exhaust is >2months out, I'd be willing to look at either the Mopar Cat Back system or even something like the Borla Touring system as a replacement (paid for and installed by the dealership/RAM)... I pull a holiday trailer a lot in the summer with young kids, so I don't want anything too loud.

I work for a plant that produces tractors and loaders and if we get a request for a BDA, essentially a customers machine is down, we are forced to give up that part they need to get their machine running again regardless of what that does to our production schedule. I'm not sure if Ram has any sort of code like that but I would love to use it to force them into giving up an exhaust to me. But since it's still a fully functional truck I'm guessing that won't fly with them haha.

Users who are viewing this thread