5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

t_henrickson

Reaction score
You should just replace the L (left-hand) with an R (right-hand) all others remain the same. on my stock non-G/T the right-hand one says C-9304-R

This just keeps getting better and better boys! See below. These are my exhaust pictures on my Rebel "GT".

The muffler and LH resonator match a non-GT spec muffler. The RH resonator matches the GT part number but is marked "L" so my RH resonator is actually meant for the left side.

WTF IS GOING ON

Attachments

• My LH Resonator.jpg
    My LH Resonator.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 82
  • My RH Resonator.jpg
    My RH Resonator.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Stock Muffler vs My GT Muffler.jpg
    Stock Muffler vs My GT Muffler.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 81

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This just keeps getting better and better boys! See below. These are my exhaust pictures on my Rebel "GT".

The muffler and LH resonator match a non-GT spec muffler. The RH resonator matches the GT part number but is marked "L" so my RH resonator is actually meant for the left side.

WTF IS GOING ON

You have a unicorn frankenxhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t_henrickson

Reaction score
On the bright side, it looks like you probably have enough evidence at this point to read the riot act to your dealer.
You should see the email I'm drafting as we speak. It's not an angry email by any means but there's enough info/facts/pictures/videos that you'd think I was an FBI agent on a high profile case.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should see the email I'm drafting as we speak. It's not an angry email by any means but there's enough info/facts/pictures/videos that you'd think I was an FBI agent on a high profile case.
Haha, that's what way to do it man, don't leave room for BUTS of any kind lol. Are you gonna try and just get a full proper G/T exhaust swapped on, cash back, or something else? Let us know how it goes!

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Haha, that's what way to do it man, don't leave room for BUTS of any kind lol. Are you gonna try and just get a full proper G/T exhaust swapped on, cash back, or something else? Let us know how it goes!
I will definitely keep everyone updated on this. My goal for now is to just get it swapped for all the correct parts because I feel like that's the easiest. Plus I do like the Mopar GT sound. If they'd rather give me cash to make me happy I'll be putting a Borla S type or Atak catbak system on. Either way I will be happy. Wish me luck!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck, man!!! Yes, please definitely keep us informed! Thats crazy that you have a mix of both and the left sock is on the right foot!! I think, speaking for myself, i want what i ordered, so hopefully their first solution is to just fix it for you, since like you say that should be the easiest and IMO most appropriate solution.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right now I'm running stock pipe with Borla 40353 Pro-XS with stock resonators C-9304 L & R (someone posted about it in this thread I think on page 2). I have been running that for over a year now. Plenty of sound clips out there for it, I'll try and dig up the ones I did for it when I installed it.
From the clips I've heard of the real G/T, I think I will like it better, it has a more aggressive crackle sound that I love, whereas the current 40353 I have is a mellow bass-type sound. Again, I do like what I have, just want to change for improvement, at least IMO. Exhaust sound is very subjective. Also, with the 40353, there is a definitive sound change (slight drone) when going to Eco when MDS kicks in, hope this gets rid of that. I drive 90% in tow/haul though, so it's not really a problem.
Yeah i hear ya. and i agree, the stock G/T seems to have that brighter rip to it you can hear it in the vid i put up (hopefully). Thanks for the info.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will definitely keep everyone updated on this. My goal for now is to just get it swapped for all the correct parts because I feel like that's the easiest. Plus I do like the Mopar GT sound. If they'd rather give me cash to make me happy I'll be putting a Borla S type or Atak catbak system on. Either way I will be happy. Wish me luck!
They should replace it. There is a stamping of the last 5 didgets of the part# on the exhaust, it's on the eblow near the y for the duals. Seems like the dealer would have caught that on the prep. The G/T exhaust is definitely louder than oe. We have had 3 of them in and everyone had had the correct exhaust.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
They should replace it. There is a stamping of the last 5 didgets of the part# on the exhaust, it's on the eblow near the y for the duals. Seems like the dealer would have caught that on the prep. The G/T exhaust is definitely louder than oe. We have had 3 of them in and everyone had had the correct exhaust.
I think they did look at the exhaust and told me that the part number matches what is on the build sheet so we're not sure what happened. I'll take a look after work today and see if I can see the part number.

Do you know what the "C" numbers mean? Like my muffler has C-9367 stamped on it. I know it's not a part number, at least for Mopar. Is that the supplier's part number possibly?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now I'm running stock pipe with Borla 40353 Pro-XS with stock resonators C-9304 L & R (someone posted about it in this thread I think on page 2). I have been running that for over a year now. Plenty of sound clips out there for it, I'll try and dig up the ones I did for it when I installed it.
From the clips I've heard of the real G/T, I think I will like it better, it has a more aggressive crackle sound that I love, whereas the current 40353 I have is a mellow bass-type sound. Again, I do like what I have, just want to change for improvement, at least IMO. Exhaust sound is very subjective. Also, with the 40353, there is a definitive sound change (slight drone) when going to Eco when MDS kicks in, hope this gets rid of that. I drive 90% in tow/haul though, so it's not really a problem.
I'm running the same muffler as you and I 100% agree with you on everything. I want more aggressive crackle noise not the boomy noise that I have right now. Not that it sounds bad, but I just want the sound off the GT. I ever thought about changing out the muffler to a craven or going with the aggressive exhaust from B2. If I can fine that GT one, I will definitely scoop that up.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if the carven exhaust is the sound we are looking for? If I can’t get the GT I might look for a Carven muffler.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
I'm running the same muffler as you and I 100% agree with you on everything. I want more aggressive crackle noise not the boomy noise that I have right now. Not that it sounds bad, but I just want the sound off the GT. I ever thought about changing out the muffler to a craven or going with the aggressive exhaust from B2. If I can fine that GT one, I will definitely scoop that up.
So ok the borla is not as loud as the gt, but do you get a drone at highway speeds with the resonators on?
I listen to your videos it's kind of hard to tell is it louder than the stock exhaust?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So ok the borla is not as loud as the gt, but do you get a drone at highway speeds with the resonators on?
I listen to your videos it's kind of hard to tell is it louder than the stock exhaust?
I don't have an videos of mine, but I also don't have resonators on it. It's definitely louder then stock and if it doesn't go into eco mode I get no drone. When I'm cruising 50-58 in 7th gear going 1500-1700rpms I get horrible drone, so I know to avoid that speed. If I get drone, I usually adjust my pedal with a little more throttle to avoid the RPM that is droning. I just like that GT sound and I've been listening to the carven exhaust and it kind of sounds like it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said earlier in this thread, I have a 15-year relationship with my parts guy at my Dealership, I have owned 7 Mopar branded vehicles in that time frame and have purchased a lot of parts from him over that time frame. Have built 4 stroker motors for my 06 CHSRT-8, plus they have great deals on tires...all that said, he takes good care of me and I get seller discounts. I also do him some solids in my line of work, a good relationship to have indeed.

I think they did look at the exhaust and told me that the part number matches what is on the build sheet so we're not sure what happened. I'll take a look after work today and see if I can see the part number.

Do you know what the "C" numbers mean? Like my muffler has C-9367 stamped on it. I know it's not a part number, at least for Mopar. Is that the supplier's

Do you know what the "C" numbers mean? Like my muffler has C-9367 stamped on it. I know it's not a part number, at least for Mopar. Is that the supplier's part number possibly?
They need to see the actual Mopar number not the large number on the muffler. Should be stamped in like this picture.

Attachments

• 20220104_112944.jpg
    20220104_112944.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 89

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wonder if the carven exhaust is the sound we are looking for? If I can’t get the GT I might look for a Carven muffler.

Cut and clamp yes. If you delete the resonators than probably a bit more aggressive than you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/