5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

NRitland2

Reaction score
Ok i was thinking that is a great price on the cat back, I got a quote of $1435.00 for the whole thing.
My problem is I hate to replace new pipe with new pipe.
Any truth that Borla cat systems are built for the mopar cat system? If so save $400 and grab a s type or atak…. Very popular on this forum

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the G/T pkg for 3 reasons. The (widely debated) console shifter, the intake and the exhaust. So you can BET I hope it’s just the rumor mill. And when I test drove, in the same day I drove a non-etorque hemi, reg exhaust, and an etorque With G/T. And I stood behind both and remote started them. Night. And. Day. Not as much inside the cab but there’s a def rumble in the cab that the stock does not have. (I didn’t notice the Duratracs in the gt as much Hahha) That made my decision. I have vids of both but I can’t get them to post. (I’ll have to throw them on my YouTube.)

And this weekend I rented a stock rebel off Turo. To get sort of an extended unsupervised test drive. So I took picks of the exhaust with clear shots of the stock reso’s and muffler. (I didn’t think to do that when I tested the g/t and I wish I had, but I wasn’t thinking anything like this when I did that.) but I’m hope it’s just Covid terror rumors going wild. But we’ll see. Looking forward to when my build sheet is out before I start worrying. I’ll drive myself nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in MA, who'd you order your truck thru? Definitely give them a heads up on what you're hearing, and tell them you will be checking to make sure everything is correct before you take delivery.

That's a great thing about these forums, they give you the chance to get out ahead of issues. Knowledge is power.

Hat's off to @ferraiolo1 for pointing it out and hopefully he's correct... it's just a screw up on the assembly line vs a willful decision to ship them incorrectly. In either case it's correctable... a major hassle... but correctable.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Cbty2050... any chance you could go under a truck with regular exhaust and take a few pictures? That way GT buyers have images in one location to compare to ensure what they are getting?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered at Dan O’Brien in Methuen. They gave me the best trade number. Only option I wanted that I couldn’t order was the advanced safety group due to the chip stuff. They’re reserving that for the Laramie trim for now.

I’m gonna touch base with them once my build sheet is available.

The other thing peeps have been talking about on here is getting their truck that has the bed utility group with no cargo divider and being told “it’s not part of that pkg but they can buy one.” This is also false. So if it happens demand the part and that it is Keyed to your ignition key for no additional cost as it is part of that pkg. bud that’s a dealer thing and doesn’t happen a lot, not a factory concern. also easily correctable.

Here’s the stock exhaust pics I took

34264386f8ef17604130b8c0770f03e4.jpg

45808e5ccfc163fbeed1fc74a6973109.jpg

87f3c85626fd82e2cd2118d63699b3d4.jpg

b1bd497784dbcb5ff1cf24ac0d219a75.jpg

NRitland2

Reaction score
getting their truck that has the bed utility group with no cargo divider and being told “it’s not part of that pkg but they can buy one.” This is also false. So if it happens demand the part and that it is Keyed to your ignition key for no additional cost as it is part of that pkg
I thought the cargo bed divider was included with the RAM boxes not the bed utility? The description from the factory and the build sheet never included it. I’m very interested in this

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Any truth that Borla cat systems are built for the mopar cat system? If so save $400 and grab a s type or atak…. Very popular on this forum
The guy I talked to from Borla would not confirm it. He did suggest this muffler or one in this series but he could not speak if there would be drone or not since it wasn't "designed for the vehicle". He did say you could not buy the mufflers from their cat back systems without buying the whole system.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the cargo bed divider was included with the RAM boxes not the bed utility? The description from the factory and the build sheet never included it. I’m very interested in this
I’m 99.9% sure that the bed divider is only included with Ramboxes When you add the bed utility group.

Camel_City

Reaction score
The GT exhaust definitely has more growl than stock, but still pretty tame compared to the actual Mopar cat back aftermarket exhaust system made by Borla. They're not the same. I've ran Magnaflow on my last two trucks and will be doing the same on the new Rebel G/T.

mike146

Reaction score
The G/T pkg doesn’t include wheels. They’re the same black with silver as the regular ones. The only different wheels on the ‘22 rebels are the night edition blacked out ones and you can’t get those on the G/T. At least that was how it was when I ordered.

GT was available with night...that is how I ordered mine. Also saw window stickers on for sale models with both. I know that doesn't mean anything for orders now as things change...but you may want to double check that if something you really wanted.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Correct. Sorry. That’s what I meant tho. And that’s what I’ve ordered so that’s another thing I’m hoping doesn’t happen. Hahha

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
GT was available with night...that is how I ordered mine. Also saw window stickers on for sale models with both. I know that doesn't mean anything for orders now as things change...but you may want to double check that if something you really wanted.

Oh ok. Well it wasn’t available when I ordered. If I added the night, the g/T came off and vice versa too. But personally I wanted the G/T More than the night pkg. but To me, as long as there’s no chrome, I’m good haha!! And the rebel already takes care of that part. and I actually prefer the 2-tone wheels. I do think the night editions look bad @$$ tho.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Finally got under my 2019 Laramie, these are the stock resonator and muffler numbers. Dont know is this will help the guys wondering if they have the GT exhaust or not.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 79
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 79
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 79

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guy said it came in today, I told him I would have my wife go pick it up. WIll take some pics and post them later.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like stock exhaust? I got a good look at mine when it was replaced and I stashed it. I expected the G/T exhaust to look much different.

Also, when I got my Ram Airflow installed at the dealer, a lady there asked if they "owed" me this. I jokingly said "um....yes?" and then asked why she asked me that, and she said it was because certain trucks that were supposed to come with it from the factory we arriving without it, and they were having to order the part, wait 6-8 weeks, (I had to wait 6) and then install it for the customers.

So 100% some G/T's are arriving not fully G/T'ed.

Users who are viewing this thread