5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I were a betting man, a lot of these trucks are getting the standard exhaust as the exhaust meant for the gt isn’t being produced as fast as they need it. So in order to fill orders they are just throwing the stock exhaust on them and sending them out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are holding the exhaust forcthe GT not for retail. If your GT came in and needed a warranty muffler, you would be waiting.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All these people are saying their gt sounds like a normal ram and the muffler looks like a normal ram muffler.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure. The pictures from the GT that @Cbty2050 took looks legit. You're kind of alleging that RAM is engaging in actual fraud.

IIRC, Borla exhausts take a while to "break in" so maybe that's why there's complaints? IDK

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I'm not sure. The pictures from the GT that @Cbty2050 took looks legit. You're kind of alleging that RAM is engaging in actual fraud.

IIRC, Borla exhausts take a while to "break in" so maybe that's why there's complaints? IDK

I mean they claim the sport hood on the gt improves airflow with the fake vents. Soooo

And every pic I’ve seen so far the muffler looks like an Oem one and people saying their truck doesn’t sound like the g/ts from the vids.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean they claim the sport hood on the gt improves airflow with the fake vents. Soooo
The two really aren't comparable, are they? One is a silly marketing claim... the other is intentionally and deceptively substituting an item of greater value (Borla/Mopar exhaust) for one of lesser value (stock exhaust). There's an actual dollar value associated with it.

Look, all I'm saying is, if people aren't getting what they paid for, and is specifically mentioned on the widow sticker etc., then it's a biiiiiig freakin deal.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
And they are getting their g/ts with the non gt wheels.

It’s all about silly chain issues right now.

Ether get a truck quick or get a truck with all the features.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

And every pic I’ve seen so far the muffler looks like an Oem one and people saying their truck doesn’t sound like the g/ts from the vids.

Sent from my iPhone using

You don't think a muffler that looks identical to another can sound different? Mufflers aren't complicated at all. I posted pictures with the part # of the G/T muffler. They do not sound alike at all.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When they tell you it’s gonna be 3 months and it’s 4 they aren’t just slapping stuff on it to get it out the door. And they sound COMPLETELY different so if it’s not the right exhaust, you’ll know. And yes. It would be fraud and would cost them way more money in the long run.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And they are getting their g/ts with the non gt wheels.

It’s all about silly chain issues right now.

Ether get a truck quick or get a truck with all the features.

The G/T pkg doesn’t include wheels. They’re the same black with silver as the regular ones. The only different wheels on the ‘22 rebels are the night edition blacked out ones and you can’t get those on the G/T. At least that was how it was when I ordered.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Just going off what others say when they said their gts don’t sound like the vids.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just going off what others say when they said their gts don’t sound like the vids.

Yeah that part is crazy pants to me. It would have to be a situation where they address it with a promise of a retrofit in writing. Like GM is doing with the heated seats nonsense.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that part is crazy pants to me. It would have to be a situation where they address it with a promise of a retrofit in writing. Like GM is doing with the heated seats nonsense.

This. Or like what Ford is doing with Bronco hard tops. Otherwise, the Feds could come knocking and class actions will fly.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
As someone with a Sport GT and coming from a 20 sport.
I assure you the exhaust sounds MUCH different and better. When I was at the dealer, they had a sport gt, Laramie GT and rebel gt(none were custom ordered). They all sounded the exact same. A very nice growl on start, and I couldnt hear my standard ram idling next to the GT.
Anyone who says they are the same as a non GT exhaust wasn't listening to a GT.
However, I don't know how people say the intake makes it sound different. That's something I can't notice.
I would take pictures of my muffler etc, but it's been snowing and -40 since I bought the truck last month.

Chose the Sport because I dislike the rebel grill and no ventilated seats.

yup ram

Reaction score
I hope the allegations of some G/T models coming without the performance exhaust aren’t true. It was one of the main factors when I ordered the package. Also, while I haven’t compared it side by side, I can say my truck has sounded great from day 1. It has a nice growl and hasn’t required any type of break in period to sound this way.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the G/T pkg for 3 reasons. The (widely debated) console shifter, the intake and the exhaust. So you can BET I hope it’s just the rumor mill. And when I test drove, in the same day I drove a non-etorque hemi, reg exhaust, and an etorque With G/T. And I stood behind both and remote started them. Night. And. Day. Not as much inside the cab but there’s a def rumble in the cab that the stock does not have. (I didn’t notice the Duratracs in the gt as much Hahha) That made my decision. I have vids of both but I can’t get them to post. (I’ll have to throw them on my YouTube.)

And this weekend I rented a stock rebel off Turo. To get sort of an extended unsupervised test drive. So I took picks of the exhaust with clear shots of the stock reso’s and muffler. (I didn’t think to do that when I tested the g/t and I wish I had, but I wasn’t thinking anything like this when I did that.) but I’m hope it’s just Covid terror rumors going wild. But we’ll see. Looking forward to when my build sheet is out before I start worrying. I’ll drive myself nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread