5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wonder if they did that as a result of Covid/Supply chain shortages?
Possibly, though I'd like to think Ram just cared enough to give Ram v8 owners a better sounding truck ;)

DeanM2

Reaction score
Possibly, though I'd like to think Ram just cared enough to give Ram v8 owners a better sounding truck ;)
I doubt that Ram cares!!! The extension pipe without the resonator is cheaper to produce. And I am thinking that is provides a minute amount of reduced exhaust turbulance which which results in a fleet-wide increase in MPG. Win Win... for Stellantis; not you.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Idk why you would spend $1000 for a gt exhaust when you can buy a nice muffler for $50 and have a shop put it on. To each their own I guess.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Idk why you would spend $1000 for a gt exhaust when you can buy a nice muffler for $50 and have a shop put it on. To each their own I guess.
I've been both routes, each resulted in a good sounding exhaust, though each was different in sound and behavior. If I had a stock 5.7 exhaust and was looking for cat-back system, I would definitely consider the GT system. That said, a simple muffler replacement is a great value.

frisby5

Reaction score
I just installed my GT exhaust last weekend and am very happy with the results and sound. It sounds great without being to much. Plus its factory so i if i have any issues im covered in my warranty.

jmr

Reaction score
The G/T exhaust will work on ALL wheelbases.
The pipe before the G/T exhaust varies in length based on wheelbase and that is not needed for the swap.

HemiDude

Reaction score
The G/T exhaust will work on ALL wheelbases.
The pipe before the G/T exhaust varies in length based on wheelbase and that is not needed for the swap.
Interesting to know

Users who are viewing this thread