5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

Toolbox

Reaction score
Looks like I’m joining the club. 2019 ram rebel. Noticed a musty smell in the cab a few weeks ago and have been reading these pages trying to figure out what’s going on. Found water behind my driver and passenger rear seats. Headliner is dry but found water dripping/streaming down the rear windows on both sides. I checked the sunroof drains and they look ok. 3rd brake light looks ok too.
Has anyone seen water dripping like this down both sides? I’m thinking it’s a bad rear window seal.

Appointment at the dealership Wednesday

just heard back from the dealer. It’s the window cracked in 2 places. Said they are doing the paper work to initiate the repair under warranty but the window is about a week out on order. Will update the thread when I know more.

ccm2001

Reaction score
So I have the exact same problem and I bought the unlimited mile warranty and the dealership says this isn't covered. Dealership quoted me $1,000 to replace the rear window and another $1,000 to replace the moldy headliner. I have a 1 year old son and I can't have him in the truck due to the mold. REDICULOUS! This is the first and last time I will ever buy a Chrysler product. I paid extra for a warranty that I cant even use. Really awesome Chrysler that you know something is defective and then wont cover it. I'll be looking at other trucks again this weekend and plan to get rid of this. When I originally bought the truck I planned on being a lifetime Ram owner and was extremely happy that I can transfer the warranty to my next new Ram. Now, why would I ever think of getting another Ram when they have this problem and wont fix it?
im probly going to do the same soon, looking at the 21" f150
tired of looking in the back for cracks and leaks, i also have a child
when these vehicles suddenly die cus of water damage to the Modules in the back then they will issue a recall
for now goodluck

ccm2001

Reaction score
Update: Got a new 3rd Brake Lamp (68298380AG) and Lamp Seal (68545973AA) and still leaks from the rear window. Due to the window shop employees getting covid they couldn't install the new window so I have wait a couple of weeks. Hopefully this stops the leak. If not, trading the truck in for a Tundra will stop it haha.
dont buy the seal, its already installed on the new 3rd brake light...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quick update, recently there was a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that appears to address concerns similar to the symptoms that you may be experiencing with your vehicle. To ensure this TSB applies, our team recommends that you take your vehicle to your local Ram dealership to have a qualified technician review the details of the TSB as well as the specifics of your vehicle. If additional support is desired, please follow up with Ram Cares in a private message so that we may assist you throughout your dealer appointment.

Hannah
Ram Cares

1619120025373.png

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick update, recently there was a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that appears to address concerns similar to the symptoms that you may be experiencing with your vehicle. To ensure this TSB applies, our team recommends that you take your vehicle to your local Ram dealership to have a qualified technician review the details of the TSB as well as the specifics of your vehicle. If additional support is desired, please follow up with Ram Cares in a private message so that we may assist you throughout your dealer appointment.

Hannah
Ram Cares

View attachment 90768

Could you please post the remaining pages of it so we can compare it to star case S2023000005

Thank you

NoCrow

Reaction score
just heard back from the dealer. It’s the window cracked in 2 places. Said they are doing the paper work to initiate the repair under warranty but the window is about a week out on order. Will update the thread when I know more.
I must be the unlucky one. I've been waiting over 3 months for my window to come in and am being told it's still another month away at least.

Toolbox

Reaction score
I must be the unlucky one. I've been waiting over 3 months for my window to come in and am being told it's still another month away at least.
Wow. Ya I was told 1 week. We’ll see what actually happens. Service manager was pretty confident because he just did one last week but I’m not holding my breath.

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score

Hannah
Ram Cares

View attachment 90768
Can you please post the additional pages to this TSP so we can compare with our current window. Thanks.

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
When you say window cracked in two places. Are you referring to the plastic mold on the inside to the left/right of the sliding window, Or The main window seal?

Thanks.

Toolbox

Reaction score
When you say window cracked in two places. Are you referring to the plastic mold on the inside to the left/right of the sliding window, Or The main window seal?

Thanks.
I believe he referred to the frame not the glass itself. They want me to get the truck today and bring it back when the window is delivered (in about a week).
I’ll keep you posted.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I believe he referred to the frame not the glass itself. They want me to get the truck today and bring it back when the window is delivered (in about a week).
I’ll keep you posted.

They called me today and asked me to bring mine in Tuesday. I hope this one doesn't screw up since I'm off of the factory warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Wow. 3 months? I was really worried after reading so many posts here like yours. Took my truck in and they had it for 1 day on 4/8 to confirm the leak, then I waited a week for the new window to show up on 4/19. During install, they noticed a small chip in the new window and told me to hold on to the rental until 4/22 for the NEW new window to come in and be installed.

Do you have other dealerships near you that you can try instead?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
They called me today and asked me to bring mine in Tuesday. I hope this one doesn't screw up since I'm off of the factory warranty.

Can you let me know if they did a good job with the install? I got a call today that my window replacement was approved. I’m worried they will somehow damage/scratch or leave bolts undone during install :/

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
Wow. 3 months? I was really worried after reading so many posts here like yours. Took my truck in and they had it for 1 day on 4/8 to confirm the leak, then I waited a week for the new window to show up on 4/19. During install, they noticed a small chip in the new window and told me to hold on to the rental until 4/22 for the NEW new window to come in and be installed.

Do you have other dealerships near you that you can try instead?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
How did your install go? No damages from the new window install? Also is your leak resolved?

whetrick1

Reaction score
Can you let me know if they did a good job with the install? I got a call today that my window replacement was approved. I’m worried they will somehow damage/scratch or leave bolts undone during install :/

Take pictures of everything I the back seat area. The first time they did mine they scratched the door seal threshold area. They scratched up some of the plastic trim. My dodge dealership fixed everything but I'm still going to take pictures of it today when I take mine in for the 2nd back window replacement. Good luck with yours. Usually doesn't take but a day or two.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
I was told 15-20 days on the 12th of April, got the call on 21st window was in, and glass company was installing the 23rd, EOD 23rd was told truck was ready for pick up but was out of town so getting today, hopefully leaking issues are done until lease is up.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the c-pillar plastic trim have to be removed when they replace our back windows?

Mine was replaced a few months back and I noticed the screw access holes has some pry marks on them (not from me). I’m guessing this is from when they removed them to resolve my window.

I’m the only owner of this truck so if it wasn’t me, by process of elimination...

Also, I have a wonderful clicking noise now when I own and close my rear window. Off to the dealership we go!

ef1baa351bbc18c3bd6fc0540d653a9f.jpg

c1790dda37d62f6d64d88e33d360ab13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread