5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

SeaHogs

Reaction score
I would wait until its needed last thing you wanna do is add more sealant on top of whatever sealant they used and it not be compatible with each other and defeats the purpose but thats just my $.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good point. Thanks

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Also wanted to add that it looks like the glass company added some type of weather stripping seal in the groove at the top of the window. It definitely wasn’t on there with the old one. Gives me a little more reassurance

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Still leaking. Drop in the center and water coming out of the seatbelt pocket drivers side on the backseat. I’m at a loss smh.

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Sounds like it's not the window after all.
They ruled the brake light out previously. Possibly the antenna but I can’t tell that my headliner is affected at all. I’ll call and see what they might want to do but after that I’m about to just seal everything that could be a possible cause

mbl5310

Reaction score
New member to this ram forum. Another cracked window frame here, 2019 bighorn with 24k miles. I bought the truck last January and absolutely love it, but I don’t see a point in getting the rear window replaced outside warranty if it is just going to leak again. I did the water test and it is coming in the frame at multiple spots. For anyone who did the flowable silicone fix, what all did you seal? Does your rear slider still work if the silicone fills in the cracks? Thanks

Attachments

• AB623144-7920-477E-B1AF-CEEC2B7169E6.jpeg
    AB623144-7920-477E-B1AF-CEEC2B7169E6.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 36

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
New member to this ram forum. Another cracked window frame here, 2019 bighorn with 24k miles. I bought the truck last January and absolutely love it, but I don’t see a point in getting the rear window replaced outside warranty if it is just going to leak again. I did the water test and it is coming in the frame at multiple spots. For anyone who did the flowable silicone fix, what all did you seal? Does your rear slider still work if the silicone fills in the cracks? Thanks
I haven’t done this, but run the permatex flowable silicone over the whole top of the window frame, and even down the sides a bit. It shouldn’t stop the slider. Also check the corners where it meets with the roof rubber strips.

mbl5310

Reaction score
I haven’t done this, but run the permatex flowable silicone over the whole top of the window frame, and even down the sides a bit. It shouldn’t stop the slider. Also check the corners where it meets with the roof rubber strips.
Thanks! I’m in PA, so once it warms up I will be giving this a shot. Running around with a towel across the back seat for now

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m in PA, so once it warms up I will be giving this a shot. Running around with a towel across the back seat for now
Good luck! I think there is a picture of the whole top seal of the rear window posted by someone which shows where to seal. Idk if I’ll be able to find it though since there’s like 20 threads with over 100 pages lol

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good luck! I think there is a picture of the whole top seal of the rear window posted by someone which shows where to seal. Idk if I’ll be able to find it though since there’s like 20 threads with over 100 pages lol
Here’s a good video of resealing. He only does the part over the slider, but this is the basic idea

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, it’s unbelievable the amount of posts on this..Hopefully yours will survive!
Ikr. It’s a shame they haven’t made some sort of extended warranty for this, like they did for the active air damn which pretty much serves no purpose. 🤷🏻‍♂️

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Calling the dealer again today to let them know and see what their next course of action might be before I just dump sealant into every possible area. I think the passenger corner leak was the window because it stopped. But the center leak is a drip and the driver side corner coming out of the seat belt pocket trickles out when I put my fingers in it. Dumping sealant into all the openings looks best. That’s really the only option I see. More winter weather coming here so I’ve just got it taped up with painters tape for now.

R.Duff

Reaction score
I had mine replaced in September 2021 and it’s started leaking again, I called the dealer and they said my trucks out of warranty so I emailed fca support and was told from a case manager that my replacement window comes with a 2 year unlimited mileage Mopar warranty. So we’ll see how this goes.

mbl5310

Reaction score
I had mine replaced in September 2021 and it’s started leaking again, I called the dealer and they said my trucks out of warranty so I emailed fca support and was told from a case manager that my replacement window comes with a 2 year unlimited mileage Mopar warranty. So we’ll see how this goes.
Hmmm… that’s good news, I wonder if the replacement window warranty is valid for someone who replaces the window outside their trucks warranty

SeaHogs

Reaction score
So after my rear window was replaced I still had a leak as I posted before. It did seem to come from the 3rd brake light which my dealer ruled out after they resealed it. Well I decided to reseal my light myself with the MD seal most have used. Apparently the dealer decided they would remove my factory seal and run a THICK bead of urethane straight on the light and run a THICK bead of urethane on the body of the truck also. I’m still pretty ticked over it. I’m amazed that I didn’t break the light getting it off. Scratched up the body pretty good though. Had to touch up some gouges. Part of the light had no urethane on it at all. It was a chore scraping that off and cleaning it up. Unreal.

I used permatex on the top window groove and really poured it in the corners. Used some black silicone around my shark fin antenna also since the gasket looked a little suspect in one area.

I hope I’m done dealing with this issue for good.

Users who are viewing this thread