5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Window Leaking

Sauchi55

Reaction score
I am hoping so. When I looked up the warranty on Ram.com it states the rear window and windshield are only covered for 12 months or 12k.

yellowboy

Reaction score
I am hoping so. When I looked up the warranty on Ram.com it states the rear window and windshield are only covered for 12 months or 12k.

I think that means the glass, this involves frame, etc and I'm sure the other posters on here have been covered

Sauchi55

Reaction score
So Chrysler said they would not cover the leaking window under the bumper to bumper

Last edited:

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
You specifically said this?
So Chrysler said they would not cover the leaking window under the bumper to bumper
********... they do. Whoever you spoke to is on crack. The frame/seal and or 3rd Brake light is leaking. Not the window itself. It’s covered. Call ramcares and get a case number for your issue.

Sauchi55

Reaction score
You specifically said this?

********... they do. Whoever you spoke to is on crack. The frame/seal and or 3rd Brake light is leaking. Not the window itself. It’s covered. Call ramcares and get a case number for your issue.
The Dealer said that the claim was rejected.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Sauchi55, We’re very sorry to hear that. Please follow up with us via PM at your earliest convenience so we can have this looked into further for you.
Rob
Ram Cares

yellowboy

Reaction score
I have a $ 3,600 Fiberglass cap sitting on the ground for 6 weeks and still no window yet, Oh yeah Ram Cares (??) -I have PM'd you about this -- have heard nothing as well. THANKS RAM !

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
I have a $ 3,600 Fiberglass cap sitting on the ground for 6 weeks and still no window yet, Oh yeah Ram Cares (??) -I have PM'd you about this -- have heard nothing as well. THANKS RAM !
Yep, my case manager I spoke to last Friday was suppose to call my dealers service department and implement a game plan has yet to follow up with me. FCA is a disappointment for allowing this to get to this point with the window leaks. NEVER buying another FCA vehicle in the future sorry to say...

xspeedy

Reaction score
Yep, my case manager I spoke to last Friday was suppose to call my dealers service department and implement a game plan has yet to follow up with me. FCA is a disappointment for allowing this to get to this point with the window leaks. NEVER buying another FCA vehicle in the future sorry to say...
You can also use precedence. Obviously hundreds if not thousands of rear windows have been replaced post glass warranty. Find out why the claim was denied. Go to another dealer maybe.

And all the manufacturers are the same. I had a F-150 prior to this and within warranty. The turbo wastegates started rattling during startup. I recorded it, I demonstrated it to the dealer, and all I got was stuff like “I can‘t reproduce it” or “they all do that”. So I had to go down there and have them pull a new one around to show them that new ones don’t. Then I talked to the service manager and they said they will all eventually rattle. This is a stupid excuse - if they all eventually catch on fire is that a reason not to fix something? The dealer never even attempted to get it approved by Ford, but likely because they knew it would be denied. I was selling the truck anyway so I took it back and handed it over to Carvana To deal with. At that point, I already had my RAM. My truck was with the dealer for three months for a variety of little things including the rattling turbos. Luckily I had a loaner.

Sauchi55

Reaction score
So even Ram Cares denied the warranty on the rear window. They said because Im the third owner (the first lease holder, the dealership, and then me) that anything could have happened to the window through wear and tear. What a crock. Came from GMC and starting to wish I stayed. Luckily the dealership did yhe right thing and paid for the replacement.

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
So even Ram Cares denied the warranty on the rear window. They said because Im the third owner (the first lease holder, the dealership, and then me) that anything could have happened to the window through wear and tear. What a crock. Came from GMC and starting to wish I stayed. Luckily the dealership did yhe right thing and paid for the replacement.
Wow.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Got my 2019 Limited back today with a new window. Mine was not surround crack - just leaking. Dealer told me original window was not sealed correctly, This took 8 weeks for the window to come in. I had a fiberglass cap on the truck and I am waiting a few weeks for some substantial rain before I go to all the trouble to put it back on.

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
Got my 2019 Limited back today with a new window. Mine was not surround crack - just leaking. Dealer told me original window was not sealed correctly, This took 8 weeks for the window to come in. I had a fiberglass cap on the truck and I am waiting a few weeks for some substantial rain before I go to all the trouble to put it back on.
That’s great. Yeah I would wait too. Where were you experiencing your leak at

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
Oops I just saw it was in the corner on the passenger side. Same with me. I don’t know if I posted a picture in this thread but this is what mine look like. Does it compare?

Attachments

• 9B3C3713-EF86-4BBF-95B3-98E29F27E896.jpeg
    9B3C3713-EF86-4BBF-95B3-98E29F27E896.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread