5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
TSB released today for rear glass extended warranty and also 3rd brake lights have extended warranty coverage on them.
That's great to hear, but I have one question...The build date on our 2020 Limited is included in both of these TSB's. But we had the rear window and CHMSL replaced under warranty for leaking earlier this year. Is our truck still covered if either of those items starts leaking again, or are we SOL because they were already replaced under warranty. Main reason for my concern is the number of people who had their windows replaced and the new one started leaking some time later.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's great to hear, but I have one question...The build date on our 2020 Limited is included in both of these TSB's. But we had the rear window and CHMSL replaced under warranty for leaking earlier this year. Is our truck still covered if either of those items starts leaking again, or are we SOL because they were already replaced under warranty. Main reason for my concern is the number of people who had their windows replaced and the new one started leaking some time later.
You will still be covered under the warranties.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Should the issue does persist after your warranty expired, please reach out to us directly, we'd be happy to check to see if we're able to assist you. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah I get that. My truck was built after that date and has the leak which is why I said they’re off on the dates. Based on other posts I’ve read I don’t think I’m alone.
My thoughts exactly based on posts people have made in this thread and others like it. The build dates should have been more recent than that to include 2021 models.

Jack.

Reaction score
That's interesting, how do I check what date my 2021 was built on? Lmao

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I get that. My truck was built after that date and has the leak which is why I said they’re off on the dates. Based on other posts I’ve read I don’t think I’m alone.
I will make a call just for you, I hope that helps. Any further questions or recommendations please contact @RamCares

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Too bad my '21 isn't included, even though I have already had it addressed once. Hopefully they extend the TSB for later production dates. I fully expect to see the problem again some day.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Too bad my '21 isn't included, even though I have already had it addressed once. Hopefully they extend the TSB for later production dates. I fully expect to see the problem again some day.
I’d still bring that paper to the dealer if it happens again, it’s clearly the same issue

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
TSB released today for rear glass extended warranty and also 3rd brake lights have extended warranty coverage on them.

Fantastic news. If I read it correctly, the rear window is 8 years or 150,000mi. Sounds like I have another 8 yrs or 150k on the window they replaced for me a year ago.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will make a call just for you, I hope that helps. Any further questions or recommendations please contact @RamCares
Thank you! Please report back with the details on the response from whoever you are making the call to. Appreciate the effort to help those of us with newer build dates!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd like to look further into this concern for you. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Paulmug1

Reaction score
I have a 2022 with 29,000 miles and noticed a rear window leak about a month ago, finally went to the dealership last week and scheduled an appointment. They confirmed the leak and replaced the window the same day under warranty. It hasn't rained and I haven't checked for a leak yet. Fingers crossed that this fixes the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread