5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
What’s the part number for the new improved brake light?

Jack.

Reaction score
Yeah do we know the part number?

Edit: so I think it's 68298380AG , but just need to confirm this works for the digital rear view brake lights 😩

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I did the weatherstrip for the 3rd brake light and it hasn't leaked since. Take your pick: $14 or so for the weatherstrip and 30 min of your time or $36 for the new brake light and 10-15 min of your time?

At the time the light wasn't available. If its a hassle with your digital rearview just DIY it. The only really important steps are to make sure you clean the old adhesive off the light well and when you tighten the light back in, gently push with your hands as you tighten the screws so you don't crack the light.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah do we know the part number?

Edit: so I think it's 68298380AG , but just need to confirm this works for the digital rear view brake lights 😩
That is the regular light. 68298380AH is the one with the improved gasket, $28.56 + shipping.
68551077AB should be the one with the camera. Double check with your VIN before ordering.

Last edited:

Jack.

Reaction score
That is the regular light. 68298380AH is the one with the improved gasket, $28.56 + shipping.
68551077AB should be the one with the camera. Double check with your VIN before ordering.
The AB is the whole light housing, I did look into it last night, it seem I may have to to with the silicone 😩

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The AB is the whole light housing, I did look into it last night, it seem I may have to to with the silicone 😩
Instead of silicone, use Lexel. It's far superior to silicone caulk. Crystal clear, flexible, even sticks wet. Available at Ace, or Lowes.

Kaldir1934

Reaction score
So I bought my truck April of 2022, and with in the first 30 days, the rear window leaked. So I brought it back and had it fully replaced free of charge because of that 30 day window. Welp, had some heavy rain today, and once again the rear window is leaking. I'll have to take the rear brake light out, and see if that's where it's leaking from. I'm hoping it is because that's an easier fix. So far I don't see any crack in the window plastic on the inside.

Very annoying though.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they’re off on the dates it only covers vehicles built in late 2020 or beforehand?

Geneva Dave

Reaction score
So I have a 2020 Laramie and the rear window started leaking. I could see the cracks in the plastic on the inside on each side of the sliding window. The local dealership on the east side of Orlando charged me $120 to identify where the leak was coming from and then caulked/glued the third brake light and said I needed to have the window replaced. Now I can't remove the third brake light. They have an auto glass company that they needed to schedule with and it would be $1500. Well, 3 weeks later and a couple of calls/texts later, nothing. I reached out to another dealership an hour away and they gave me the name of the auto glass company they use because this is such a common problem. They installed an aftermarket rear window that does not use plastic because they said the OEM version would crack and leak again. The cost to me was $850 plus tax. I am very happy with the new window. I will never go back to my local dealership for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread