5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

antwon412

Reaction score
That is how mine were shipped as well. Unfortunately mine were missing the black pushpins that come with it to secure them inside the wheel well. I still need to get a hold of them and ask them to send me a couple.

A nice quick and easy addition to the truck that has some useful benefits and looks a lot better as well.

puba08

Reaction score
That is how mine were shipped as well. Unfortunately mine were missing the black pushpins that come with it to secure them inside the wheel well. I still need to get a hold of them and ask them to send me a couple.

A nice quick and easy addition to the truck that has some useful benefits and looks a lot better as well.

I don’t get push pins either? Guess I’m calling them Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

puba08

Reaction score
Anyone know what size/type of push pin. Rather just run to the store and pick them up.

puba08

Reaction score
Correction...just split up a the liners. They did send me 2 push pins (need 4) and instructions.

blinkSS

Reaction score
Awesome find guys. Really wasn't down for paying $150 on shipping alone. Under a buck plus free shipping sign me up.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After pics on the rough country's anyone?
This. I would also like to see the Rough Country ones compared to the Mopar ones. I would really love if there were some out there that had some extended coverage for trucks that are lifted. I've got the factory ones installed but with a 6" lift I wish they covered just a little more further down.

rourky80

Reaction score
Got my Rough Country liners in (delivered in 2 days) and installed, the push pins were in a sticky bag stuck between the two liners, I was also a little surprised they just came zip tied together. I can see what guys have said about install, getting them to fit the last couple of flanges when you think you have them in place can be tricky and tight, takes some moving around, and a little muscle.
I think they look great, definitely better than none, and for less than $100 a real win. Here are mine installed.

Attachments

• PXL_20201005_122321201.jpg
    PXL_20201005_122321201.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 158
  • PXL_20201005_122334215.jpg
    PXL_20201005_122334215.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

puba08

Reaction score
And you only need the 2 push pins, not 4.....

Yes re-read the instructions Lol. Getting my tires put on Monday so I’ll put them on then. Figured it would be easier.

reb0957

Reaction score
When I ordered they said they would be here on the 8th. My estimated ship date is now the 26th!

Funeman

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the youtube videos for installing the Rough Country liners on the RAM? I searched and only came up with MOPAR installs and a couple for F150's.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Just ordered the Rough Country liners even though they won't ship till the 26th. I'll wait for the cheaper (higher quality) product over spending almost double for the OEM versions. $150+ is just absurd for those things...

Wsmith

Reaction score
I want to order the rough country liners. I have a Bighorn, no fender flares. Will I need to Identify size and purchase extra screws since my install will not be wedged between the flares and the body?

rourky80

Reaction score
I want to order the rough country liners. I have a Bighorn, no fender flares. Will I need to Identify size and purchase extra screws since my install will not be wedged between the flares and the body?
No, there is only the one option. Mine is a bighorn with no fender flares. The liner is sandwiched between the half liners and the fender metal. At the top, there is no half liner, but it sits tight against the fender. there is no extra screws needed, comes with the one push pin required each side.

The instructions on the rough country site are pretty good at explaining the installation. I don't think a youtube videos is needed, you might just need to bend and muscle them into place. Getting them behind the wheel was easy, getting all the flanges of the liner to sit where they need to was tough, just because these liners are pretty thick hard plastic at those locations.

Attachments

• PXL_20201005_122334215.jpg
    PXL_20201005_122334215.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 54

2020 Rebel

Reaction score
Got my Rough Country liners in (delivered in 2 days) and installed, the push pins were in a sticky bag stuck between the two liners, I was also a little surprised they just came zip tied together. I can see what guys have said about install, getting them to fit the last couple of flanges when you think you have them in place can be tricky and tight, takes some moving around, and a little muscle.
I think they look great, definitely better than none, and for less than $100 a real win. Here are mine installed.

Just wondering how these install if you have the factory flares ? Do the clips get moved from the pinch weld to the wheel well liner ?? You probably did not have clips on your pinch welds because you don't have flares? Also wondering if you retain the factory partial liners or do they have to be removed?

I already returned the OMACS rear wheel well liners. They required you to insert the liner between the flare and pinch weld. They were just impossible to install. If installed they would only be held in place by the liner being sandwiched between the flare and pinch welds, and the 2 frame screws.

blinkSS

Reaction score
When I ordered they said shipping out the 28th. They ended up shipping yesterday the 9th

rourky80

Reaction score
Just wondering how these install if you have the factory flares ? Do the clips get moved from the pinch weld to the wheel well liner ?? You probably did not have clips on your pinch welds because you don't have flares? Also wondering if you retain the factory partial liners or do they have to be removed?

I already returned the OMACS rear wheel well liners. They required you to insert the liner between the flare and pinch weld. They were just impossible to install. If installed they would only be held in place by the liner being sandwiched between the flare and pinch welds, and the 2 frame screws.

I'm not entirely sure how they will interact with the flares, but if I remember correctly, I think the liner flanges had cutouts at the hole locations where I assume the clips for the flares are. Someone with flares that have installed these would be better to chime in than me just to make sure.

puba08

Reaction score
The flares sandwich in between the factory liners and the metal. The RC has tabs where it sandwich’s in.

Users who are viewing this thread