5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Heated & Ventilated Seat Connectors

brental1

Reaction score
I don't see the thread about building the harness. Can you post it?
I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and run the approximately 15 additional wires I need. Right now, I plan to run them any way I can get from point to point. I don't plan to open up the existing looms; I'll just Tesa tape them to the outside of the looms. I'm very interested in creative ways to run all these wires. Maybe the thread will show me some options.
I've gotten this far on building the 'supplemental' harness ; stealing wires from the donor harness. Someone posted "trade the truck" and that's the best advice I have received. But, I would still love to hear from someone who has done this. Anyone?

Attachments

• Harness board.jpg
    Harness board.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 32

TheLegend

Reaction score
I've gotten this far on building the 'supplemental' harness ; stealing wires from the donor harness. Someone posted "trade the truck" and that's the best advice I have received. But, I would still love to hear from someone who has done this. Anyone?
If you search heated rear seats the thread should pop up I can try to look for it again later I can’t right now but basically they wired the rear seats to run straight up front to the CAN I believe I’ll have to double check.

brental1

Reaction score
If you search heated rear seats the thread should pop up I can try to look for it again later I can’t right now but basically they wired the rear seats to run straight up front to the CAN I believe I’ll have to double check.
Thanks. I did find a post about someone adding additional wires to heat or vent rear seats--but really no detail. My swap involves only the front seats. Heat/vent/memory driver/power passenger. I have to run about 20 wires just to make this swap work. I'd just like to hear from someone who has done this, or a similar swap. Really just for validation. I've posted my progress on the 'auxiliary' harness on some other threads; but no feedback. I'm attaching it here too. Actually, I completed it today. I'm finishing up wiring "diagrams" I made to help me add the wires to my truck.

Thanks, Brent

Attachments

• Harness board.jpg
    Harness board.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

TheLegend

Reaction score
Thanks. I did find a post about someone adding additional wires to heat or vent rear seats--but really no detail. My swap involves only the front seats. Heat/vent/memory driver/power passenger. I have to run about 20 wires just to make this swap work. I'd just like to hear from someone who has done this, or a similar swap. Really just for validation. I've posted my progress on the 'auxiliary' harness on some other threads; but no feedback. I'm attaching it here too. Actually, I completed it today. I'm finishing up wiring "diagrams" I made to help me add the wires to my truck.

Thanks, Brent
Yeah I’m sorry I don’t know enough about that to be a help but I know a few people have done the front wiring but I’m not sure exactly as to how they did it and a lot of people don’t worry about it as they don’t see the reward of all the effort or money and tearing up carpet and seats to do it. Sorry can’t be much of help there to you though.

brental1

Reaction score

brental1

Reaction score
Here is my parts list the way you were sounding it’s like they were something else but if they are exactly like mine with same wires/connector they are heated and it possibly heated/vented. Mine is a 2022 so some of these parts might not be right for the 2020 just make sure you look at what it’ll fit and the description for your application.
List is great! Do you know the PN for the console harness,( for switches)? I see there are 5 possible PNs; but since none of them show option codes, I don't know the correct one. Thanks, Brent

TheLegend

Reaction score
List is great! Do you know the PN for the console harness,( for switches)? I see there are 5 possible PNs; but since none of them show option codes, I don't know the correct one. Thanks, Brent
I actually had mine built in (which is very rare most people said they had to buy there’s) so I don’t have the pet number handy send me the part numbers you have and I can tell you which one you need. You have a 22 Big Horn correct?

brental1

Reaction score
I actually had mine built in (which is very rare most people said they had to buy there’s) so I don’t have the pet number handy send me the part numbers you have and I can tell you which one you need. You have a 22 Big Horn correct?
The 5 choices are 68523482AA, 68523474AA, 68523477AA, 68523479AA, 68523472AA. Yes, I have 2022 BH.
Console Wiring

MSRP $110.00

$74.07
All Star DCJR
Part Number: 68523482AA

Browse more in Electrical - Radio, Antenna, Speakers, DVD, and Video systems
Other Names: Wiring
ADD TO CART
68523474AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image 68523474AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image Placeholder
Console Wiring
MSRP $106.00

$71.62
All Star DCJR
Part Number: 68523474AA

ADD TO CART
68523477AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image 68523477AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image Placeholder
Console Wiring
MSRP $89.75

$61.17
All Star DCJR
Part Number: 68523477AA

ADD TO CART
68523479AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image 68523479AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image Placeholder
Console Wiring
MSRP $85.85

$58.50
All Star DCJR
Part Number: 68523479AA

ADD TO CART
68523472AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image 68523472AA - Electrical: Console Wiring for Ram: 1500 Image Placeholder
Console Wiring
MSRP $64.65

$45.57
All Star DCJR
Part Number: 68523472AA

brental1

Reaction score
Have you identified the 24 pin connector in the console? I've searched for Console and 24 pin in dcctools, and can't find it. Thanks, Brent

brental1

Reaction score

Of the 5 console wire harness options, 68523474 shows the most options; Parts Module (not sure if that's really an option), 2X 115V, rear heated, wireless charging, and USB. 82 shows only 3 options; Parts Module, wireless. (missing 2X 115V and USB compared to 74); but it's priced a about $2 more than 74. Do you know which one I should buy; 74 or 82? Thanks.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Of the 5 console wire harness options, 68523474 shows the most options; Parts Module (not sure if that's really an option), 2X 115V, rear heated, wireless charging, and USB. 82 shows only 3 options; Parts Module, wireless. (missing 2X 115V and USB compared to 74); but it's priced a about $2 more than 74. Do you know which one I should buy; 74 or 82? Thanks.
It depends on what all you have and don’t have or if you plan on adding them at some point. It won’t hurt to have the extra connectors for the other stuff especially if you may want to add down the road but if not just go with the one that’s closest to what you have.

brental1

Reaction score
It depends on what all you have and don’t have or if you plan on adding them at some point. It won’t hurt to have the extra connectors for the other stuff especially if you may want to add down the road but if not just go with the one that’s closest to what you have.
I plan to buy the most "loaded" one; just for future expansion potential. But, I was asking specifically between, PNs 74 and 82. 74 is showing having more option content that 82; but 82 is $2 more. So, I was wondering if the descriptions are wrong.

brental1

Reaction score
Finally found the connectors on Mopar Connection and it is indeed for heated/ventilated seats. Now to see if I can do the mod should be pretty straight forward!
While I have my truck torn apart for the heated front seats and steering wheel, I'm considering running power for future installation of rear heated. Looks like there are 3, maybe 4, Fused ignition wires I will need to add. These are from circuits F917, F918, and F919. Do you know

brental1

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just investigated and there are NO wires in my truck for rear heated seats. I did find 2 "preliminary" wires in the donor harness. They are less than one foot long; but I'm stealing them from the donor and installing in my truck. 1.0 PK/VT runs from ASSEMBLY-POWER DISTRIBUTIONCENTER-INTERIOR C3 Pin 32 to XY 331A Pin 23; and 1.0 PK/BN from Pin 35 to Pin 54 of the same connectors. I would still have a lot of wire to run to get to the rear seat. Apparently, these 2 wires do not go through XY33A (under the console) to get to the rear; so I guess they run under the door sills through some XY connectors? Think I'm up to 31 wires (but who's counting) now for Front Heated/Vented Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Passenger Power Seat; and just to get power to Rear Seat Comfort Module.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just investigated and there are NO wires in my truck for rear heated seats. I did find 2 "preliminary" wires in the donor harness. They are less than one foot long; but I'm stealing them from the donor and installing in my truck. 1.0 PK/VT runs from ASSEMBLY-POWER DISTRIBUTIONCENTER-INTERIOR C3 Pin 32 to XY 331A Pin 23; and 1.0 PK/BN from Pin 35 to Pin 54 of the same connectors. I would still have a lot of wire to run to get to the rear seat. Apparently, these 2 wires do not go through XY33A (under the console) to get to the rear; so I guess they run under the door sills through some XY connectors?
You REALLY need to get a three day subscription to techauthority, and pull all of the wiring schematics and connector locations.
On another note, is there a reason you didn’t just remove your current body harness, and install the donor harness instead? That would have been much easier if you already had a fully loaded donor body harness.

brental1

Reaction score
You REALLY need to get a three day subscription to techauthority, and pull all of the wiring schematics and connector locations.
On another note, is there a reason you didn’t just remove your current body harness, and install the donor harness instead? That would have been much easier if you already had a fully loaded donor body harness.
Ok, I didn't know about that site: but it sure would have been easier if I would have had a roadmap instead of "reverse engineering". Not sure I need it now-- I'm basically finished with what I intended to do; but I'll sure look into it. I guess my strategy was--I have a perfectly functioning brand new truck and I don't want to mess up anything, so I'll just add on. That said, as of today, I have working heated/vented seats, power passenger seat, and it appears the heated wheel will work as soon as I receive and install the clock spring. I'm also prewired for an inverter, and Memory function if I decide to implement it in the future.

Attachments

• Heated Steering Wheel.jpg
    Heated Steering Wheel.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 31
  • vented.jpg
    vented.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Heated.jpg
    Heated.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Laramie seats.jpg
    Laramie seats.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31

brental1

Reaction score
I plan to buy the most "loaded" one; just for future expansion potential. But, I was asking specifically between, PNs 74 and 82. 74 is showing having more option content that 82; but 82 is $2 more. So, I was wondering if the descriptions are wrong.

I bought ...74; 9 "output" connectors
2 115V
1 12V?
2 heated seat switches
2 4 pin
1 8 pin
1 USB/Data

Attachments

• Console harness.jpg
    Console harness.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 19

brental1

Reaction score
I bought ...74; 9 "output" connectors
2 115V
1 12V?
2 heated seat switches
2 4 pin
1 8 pin
1 USB/Data
I gained a 115 Volt and a 12 Volt (I think) connector in the front of the console; a 115 Volt, 2 rear heated seat switches, and a USB power connector in the back. No USB/data terminal for the rear; so think I'll have charging only--which is fine. The original harness in my truck was PN...72

Attachments

• Center console front.jpg
    Center console front.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Center console rear.jpg
    Center console rear.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 27

brental1

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't know about that site: but it sure would have been easier if I would have had a roadmap instead of "reverse engineering". Not sure I need it now-- I'm basically finished with what I intended to do; but I'll sure look into it. I guess my strategy was--I have a perfectly functioning brand new truck and I don't want to mess up anything, so I'll just add on. That said, as of today, I have working heated/vented seats, power passenger seat, and it appears the heated wheel will work as soon as I receive and install the clock spring. I'm also prewired for an inverter, and Memory function if I decide to implement it in the future.
Any other circuits I should steal from the donor harness (for future options) before I list it for sale? Thanks.
Any other circuits I should steal from the donor harness (for future options) before I list it for sale? Thanks.

brental1

Reaction score
Finally found the connectors on Mopar Connection and it is indeed for heated/ventilated seats. Now to see if I can do the mod should be pretty straight forward!
I'm more confused now. I don't understand what these 10 and 16 ways plug in to? I can find only 4 connectors for MODULE-SEAT COMFORT CONTROL-REAR
C1, C2, AND C3 are 5 pin connectors
C4 is 8 pin.
Are there harnesses with branches that connect the 10 and 16 pin connectors to the four connectors for the module?

Users who are viewing this thread