5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Heated & Ventilated Seat Connectors

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that these are the plugs for the heated and or heated/ventilated seats? So, I was cleaning out my truck and noticed these little slits in the carpet and a few inches down was the wired connectors grey/white is the rear passenger side and the black/white is the rear driver side. If so, can anyone confirm where the modules are for the back heated and or heated/ventilated seats? It could possibly not even be that at all but just would make sense because of placement.

Attachments

• 9AC55D93-8A74-463D-82DB-A2649E6EEDE7.jpeg
    9AC55D93-8A74-463D-82DB-A2649E6EEDE7.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 79
  • E5089217-9685-4182-BC51-E0CD13B36227.jpeg
    E5089217-9685-4182-BC51-E0CD13B36227.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 2A434B73-A3EA-44DD-963B-40A8DC8774ED.jpeg
    2A434B73-A3EA-44DD-963B-40A8DC8774ED.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 77
  • A1DBBAA6-0A31-4DA8-8EB2-4029B05A1CB6.jpeg
    A1DBBAA6-0A31-4DA8-8EB2-4029B05A1CB6.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 78

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally found the connectors on Mopar Connection and it is indeed for heated/ventilated seats. Now to see if I can do the mod should be pretty straight forward!

Attachments

• C045CA23-588B-4A14-BC03-980A4D7B2AF5.png
    C045CA23-588B-4A14-BC03-980A4D7B2AF5.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 102B81F3-A99F-4ECA-8507-13C2F8270291.png
    102B81F3-A99F-4ECA-8507-13C2F8270291.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 71

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally found the connectors on Mopar Connection and it is indeed for heated/ventilated seats. Now to see if I can do the mod should be pretty straight forward!how are you going to get the hardware for the rear seats?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Order the parts through my guy at Mopar. It’s actually not that much if you have those connectors in the main body wiring under the carpet. All the parts I need come out to be $600 it will be tedious I’m sure but fairly simple.

brental1

Reaction score
Finally found the connectors on Mopar Connection and it is indeed for heated/ventilated seats. Now to see if I can do the mod should be pretty straight forward!
I just bought a set of Laramie seats to swap into my 2022 Big Horn with Level 1 Equipment Group. I'm pretty sure the fronts are heated/vented and the rear is neither. I paid extra to get the (almost) entire wire harness from the donor truck I'm also doing heated steering wheel. (my truck had none of the wires for the heated/vented seats nor heated steering wheel, nor power pass. seat).

Where are you finding the connector pinouts? And wiring diagrams? Pretty sure I won't be able to do the swap without pinouts and diagrams

Thanks,

Brent

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a set of Laramie seats to swap into my 2022 Big Horn with Level 1 Equipment Group. I'm pretty sure the fronts are heated/vented and the rear is neither. I paid extra to get the (almost) entire wire harness from the donor truck I'm also doing heated steering wheel. (my truck had none of the wires for the heated/vented seats nor heated steering wheel, nor power pass. seat).

Where are you finding the connector pinouts? And wiring diagrams? Pretty sure I won't be able to do the swap without pinouts and diagrams

Thanks,

Brent
This is the website to find all the different connectors (which tells you color, gauge, pin positions, and function of each wire). Some are labeled of the function but a lot are under Sxxxx or Xxxxx. As for wiring diagrams I can’t help you there I believe you can pay to get the documents somewhere.

brental1

Reaction score
This is the website to find all the different connectors (which tells you color, gauge, pin positions, and function of each wire). Some are labeled of the function but a lot are under Sxxxx or Xxxxx. As for wiring diagrams I can’t help you there I believe you can pay to get the documents somewhere.

Thank you

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you
No problem. On your wire you are getting from the donor vehicle is it the entire wiring harness under the carpet? If not I can find a tread where I saw someone who didn’t have the connectors in the back make a harness themselves to make the back seats work.

brental1

Reaction score
No problem. On your wire you are getting from the donor vehicle is it the entire wiring harness under the carpet? If not I can find a tread where I saw someone who didn’t have the connectors in the back make a harness themselves to make the back seats work.
It's the entire floor and dashboard harness; but I would appreciate seeing the thread about the built harness.

I did see a post on here about this swap requiring 4 wires be added. As you can see below, at least in my case, that poster had no idea what they were talking about.

So far, reverse engineering the harness, and with the connector info you gave me; I going to need to run:
6 wires between Drivers and Pass yellow plugs; for Driver's heat.
3 PN/YL FUSED IGNITION from Pass Yellow to that junction block (think it's drivers footwell area).
2 CAN IHS from Pass Yellow to CAN junction block (think it's drivers footwell area)
2 wires from Pass yellow to clock spring (for heated wheel)
Others I haven't identified yet.

The donor Driver's seat included the Memory Module. Right now, I'm trying to avoid using it. Several reasons. I really don't care about the Memory function; I didn't get the door Memory switch from the donor truck; and most importantly-it requires 26 wires. I'm planning to swap the heated seat pads and vent fan from the donor Driver's seat to my seat and leave the power function as is (no memory) on my seat. Pretty sure Memory controls only the Driver's seat.

If I succeed with this (not too confident-although I've added power/heated seats to 2 previous vehicles), I'll share all the information on here.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's the entire floor and dashboard harness; but I would appreciate seeing the thread about the built harness.

I did see a post on here about this swap requiring 4 wires be added. As you can see below, at least in my case, that poster had no idea what they were talking about.

So far, reverse engineering the harness, and with the connector info you gave me; I going to need to run:
6 wires between Drivers and Pass yellow plugs; for Driver's heat.
3 PN/YL FUSED IGNITION from Pass Yellow to that junction block (think it's drivers footwell area).
2 CAN IHS from Pass Yellow to CAN junction block (think it's drivers footwell area)
2 wires from Pass yellow to clock spring (for heated wheel)
Others I haven't identified yet.

The donor Driver's seat included the Memory Module. Right now, I'm trying to avoid using it. Several reasons. I really don't care about the Memory function; I didn't get the door Memory switch from the donor truck; and most importantly-it requires 26 wires. I'm planning to swap the heated seat pads and vent fan from the donor Driver's seat to my seat and leave the power function as is (no memory) on my seat. Pretty sure Memory controls only the Driver's seat.

If I succeed with this (not too confident-although I've added power/heated seats to 2 previous vehicles), I'll share all the information on here.
Yeah it sounds like you understand what you need to do to run the heated wiring. If you had the plugs built in like mine did then it’d be super easy you could just do a plug and play swap but it’ll def be some customization. But it shouldn’t be to hard if you have some experience post your pics and info afterwards it might help someone out. Also, I will do the same but I’m going to do it in a couple of months we are moving right now and I don’t need to spend money on non-essentials right now.

cjthompson206

Reaction score
Sorry about that. I should have mentioned what I had. I will work on getting the signature added. It is a 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie. Mine has the connectors you have imaged but they are connected to a harness that goes into the seat. I imagine it is for the lights under the back seat.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I should have mentioned what I had. I will work on getting the signature added. It is a 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie. Mine has the connectors you have imaged but they are connected to a harness that goes into the seat. I imagine it is for the lights under the back seat.
Yeah I’m sorry all the part numbers I have are for 1500! My connectors come from under the seats in the carpet section that goes up towards the seats.

cjthompson206

Reaction score
Yeah I’m sorry all the part numbers I have are for 1500! My connectors come from under the seats in the carpet section that goes up towards the seats.
Mine look exactly like yours. I wouldn't be surprised if the P/N cross over between models. If you don't mind sharing so I can take a look. Anything helps.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine look exactly like yours. I wouldn't be surprised if the P/N cross over between models. If you don't mind sharing so I can take a look. Anything helps.
Here is my parts list the way you were sounding it’s like they were something else but if they are exactly like mine with same wires/connector they are heated and it possibly heated/vented. Mine is a 2022 so some of these parts might not be right for the 2020 just make sure you look at what it’ll fit and the description for your application.

Attachments

• 36225C6B-7BEB-4AED-9EE9-74271E07C17E.png
    36225C6B-7BEB-4AED-9EE9-74271E07C17E.png
    155 KB · Views: 63

cjthompson206

Reaction score
Here is my parts list the way you were sounding it’s like they were something else but if they are exactly like mine with same wires/connector they are heated and it possibly heated/vented. Mine is a 2022 so some of these parts might not be right for the 2020 just make sure you look at what it’ll fit and the description for your application.
Much a appreciated. This will at least give me a starting point.
Thanks TheLegend

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your 2500 is quite different than the 1500. The seats are different, HD Rams don’t have ventilated rear seats, and use a different rear heated seat module.
All HD Rams, regardless of trim level or options, are fully wired up for fully loaded front and rear seats in the body wiring under the carpet. The center console harness will not have the connectors for the rear switches, and the dash harness that plugs into the main center console harness will not have the wires for the rear switches either.

brental1

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like you understand what you need to do to run the heated wiring. If you had the plugs built in like mine did then it’d be super easy you could just do a plug and play swap but it’ll def be some customization. But it shouldn’t be to hard if you have some experience post your pics and info afterwards it might help someone out. Also, I will do the same but I’m going to do it in a couple of months we are moving right now and I don’t need to spend money on non-essentials right now.
I don't see the thread about building the harness. Can you post it?
I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and run the approximately 15 additional wires I need. Right now, I plan to run them any way I can get from point to point. I don't plan to open up the existing looms; I'll just Tesa tape them to the outside of the looms. I'm very interested in creative ways to run all these wires. Maybe the thread will show me some options.

cjthompson206

Reaction score
Your 2500 is quite different than the 1500. The seats are different, HD Rams don’t have ventilated rear seats, and use a different rear heated seat module.
All HD Rams, regardless of trim level or options, are fully wired up for fully loaded front and rear seats in the body wiring under the carpet. The center console harness will not have the connectors for the rear switches, and the dash harness that plugs into the main center console harness will not have the wires for the rear switches either.
Gotcha!! So i would need to run my own wires from the dash plug into the main center console harness?

Users who are viewing this thread