5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really considering trade in for 2022

deanno33

Reaction score
In fact I may order it. Dealer is still willing to give me 52k for my 2020 and the price he gave me before rebates on this 2022 BH is 54,800. I believe they can guarantee $1750 in rebates right now, which could get better by the time the truck arrives in approx 10 weeks. So, at worst the BH would be 53,050 and I'd get 52,000 in trade. It's got alot of things my Laramie doesn't although the Laramie has a few more creature comfort items.

I went to hopefully get this deal done today. Had my tonneau cover off, stock wheel put back on and balanced, truck cleaned out....only to have them say the price we agreed on wasn't good anymore. The price of the BH today when run was 61,575. The Uconnect 8.4" almost doubled to 1,395 since last night. This truck was 58,555 MSRP in 2021...up over 3k for 2022. Exact build and both including destination fee. I drove my 2020 home.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to hopefully get this deal done today. Had my tonneau cover off, stock wheel put back on and balanced, truck cleaned out....only to have them say the price we agreed on wasn't good anymore. The price of the BH today when run was 61,575. The Uconnect 8.4" almost doubled to 1,395 since last night. This truck was 58,555 MSRP in 2021...up over 3k for 2022. Exact build and both including destination fee. I drove my 2020 home.
Yeah, that's seriously bs right there. No way that uconnect went up that much in price. Even with uconnect 5 with the 8.4" screen, it's nowhere near $1k.

That sucks man...sorry you had to go through that

94da9b1fb5716911d769d8fe06a921b6.jpg

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

deanno33

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, the 8.4 with Nav U5 was $795 yesterday. Today it's $1,395 for the dealer builds. Verified with three different dealers. I'm certainly not an expert but 3k more for a 2022 BH than the same truck in 2021...I think Ram is trying to make up for some lost revenue.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think Ram is trying to make up for some lost revenue.
Part of the pricing model includes cost (losses) in warranty repairs from the previous model year.

I blame everyone that hasn't bought a Max Care ESP to help offset factory repair costs. ;) 😁

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, the 8.4 with Nav U5 was $795 yesterday. Today it's $1,395 for the dealer builds. Verified with three different dealers. I'm certainly not an expert but 3k more for a 2022 BH than the same truck in 2021...I think Ram is trying to make up for some lost revenue.
So wait...what about those that already placed an order? I can't just believe that the price doubled overnight.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jesus $61k msrp for a BH trim wow. Guess I damn sure better keep my 20. Sucks dealer pulled that bs on you.. if you agree to a price be a man of your word and stick with it… but in today’s market they know if you don’t pay it they’ll stick it on the lot and someone else will with all the vehicle shortage nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

deanno33

Reaction score
They called back and made good with it. I know it's a BH but it's loaded up pretty nice. At more than 2k under invoice and before incentives....not to mention more trade than I paid for my truck, think I'll order it. Funny that the BH MSRP is 2,275 more than my 2020 Laramie level 2 was.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They called back and made good with it. I know it's a BH but it's loaded up pretty nice. At more than 2k under invoice and before incentives....not to mention more trade than I paid for my truck, think I'll order it. Funny that the BH MSRP is 2,275 more than my 2020 Laramie level 2 was.

Oh yeah…got to do it now.

My current ordered of a pretty loaded bighorn level 2 with a pano roof, rambox and back country package comes out to $59k (MSRP but not what I’m going to pay). My old 2020 Laramie level 1 came out to $56k msrp (not what I paid).

The Laramie had extras like leather seats, chrome package, led headlight/tail light and tow package. Most of that I really didn’t need (maybe I wanted the headlights)…but I’m happy with my order. If I ordered another Laramie with similar options like pano/rambox, it would have easily been in the $64k range without any off-road package included.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I definitely got the premium headlights on the BH. Love LED headlights.
I skipped it because I'm going aftermarket fiber tail lights. I can get led bulbs and still be under $1k in pricing for that package.

deanno33

Reaction score
My current ordered of a pretty loaded bighorn level 2 with a pano roof, rambox and back country package
I was looking at the backcountry package too since it includes so many options....great deal actually. The piece I didn't know enough about are the seats. It looks like the only option is low back seats. They might be fine but wish I could see them / sit in them before placing an order.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I was looking at the backcountry package too since it includes so many options....great deal actually. The piece I didn't know enough about are the seats. It looks like the only option is low back seats. They might be fine but wish I could see them / sit in them before placing an order.
I believe some Jeep’s have the low back seats maybe you could find one at your dealer to sit in

deanno33

Reaction score
I ended up ordering a 2022 back country package (that package sure has a lot included for a decent price) and added premium lighting, blind spot , tech package, 33 gallon, wheel liners, premium sound, etc…pretty much loaded it up. MSRP was 2,400 less than the big horn I was considering....this one has everything that one did, plus more.

MSRP 58,960
Invoice 55,441
Sale price 53,800 (before incentives)
Trade 52,000 (way more than I paid for the truck 15 months ago)
Difference 1,800

A couple rebates / incentives when delivered and I may break even on the whole deal (or maybe get money back)

Now, I am truckless for a couple months though. Thanks again for all of the input throughout the thread. I'm really looking forward to seeing one of these back country packages in person.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up ordering a 2022 back country package (that package sure has a lot included for a decent price) and added premium lighting, blind spot , tech package, 33 gallon, wheel liners, premium sound, etc…pretty much loaded it up. MSRP was 2,400 less than the big horn I was considering....this one has everything that one did, plus more.

MSRP 58,960
Invoice 55,441
Sale price 53,800 (before incentives)
Trade 52,000 (way more than I paid for the truck 15 months ago)
Difference 1,800

A couple rebates / incentives when delivered and I may break even on the whole deal (or maybe get money back)

Now, I am truckless for a couple months though. Thanks again for all of the input throughout the thread. I'm really looking forward to seeing one of these back country packages in person.
Damn man...everything is almost identical to what I did. Congrats fellow back country guy.

Now...im still trying to figure out what the he!! Are the low back cloth bucket seats...lol. might peak over and look at them on a jeep. But if I don't like it, not a big deal, I can always replace them anytime, but I think it will be fine.

When I was shopping in 2020 and ended up with my laramie, I sat in a gray cloth seats. I actually sank onto those seats a little more than the leather seats on my old laramie.

deanno33

Reaction score
The seats have me a little excited and nervous at the same time. They are buckets with power 8 way / 2 way so I really don't think they will be bad. Dealer said from their research, they can only tell that there are not seat pockets in back of seats or a fold down armrest in the rear. Neither I care about personally.

It's pretty crazy that the Back Country includes Off Road package, Night package, Bed Utility group, Tonneau, floor mats, side steps, spray in liner, etc all in one package that is priced at 2695.

Hoping the blind spot monitoring does actually get incorporated as ordered. Heard some mixed opinions from dealers. Some say the factory will cancel it and others say they've been receiving BH orders with it as people order it. We'll see. I added the Tech Group just in case though....when you turn the rear camera on you can pretty much see your blind spot s in your rear view mirror. Plus I like the stitched dash you get with the Tech Group.

Anyway....excited to get it!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I went on the simpler route. Not to many extra technology on my back country. I have the following:

Back country package
12" screen
Pano roof
Rambox
9 speaker system
3.92 gears

Hydro blue color. I'm trying to get the 2 tone hydro on the top, black trim on the bottom.

Only thing I'm slightly regretting was that I skipped on the LED headlights/tail lights. I'm going to replace the tail lights, and just replace the bulbs for the headlights. Should save me over $300 if I did those upgrades on my own.

deanno33

Reaction score
Only thing I'm slightly regretting was that I skipped on the LED headlights/tail lights

My slight regret is not jumping to the 12" once I noticed the 8.4" jumped from 795 to 1395. At that point should have just paid the 600 bucks to go up. Oh well I actually do like the manual knobs on the 8.4 anyway.

I didn't see hydro blue as an option. Just red, white, patriot blue, silver and crystal granite. I couldn't decide between crystal and white....chose white...mostly based on the short online video of the white one. Looks great with black mirrors and black bumpers imo.

Premium lighting
Technology package
Blind spot
33 gal
Non etorque Hemi
Wheel well liners
9 speaker

Love you get bed utility, night, off road floor mats, etc in the package.

qcman1983

Reaction score
I bought a new 2020 Laramie Sport 1500 4X4, did a few mods to it, kept it for about 7 months and decided I just liked the lines on a 2017 Sport better. I know I gave up some technology going backwards, but.......

I was fortunate enough to fund a 2017 RAM 1500 4X4 Sport with really low miles for a reasonable price! Of course now I could sell, because used trucks are bringing stupid money due to the chip shortage, but replace it wit what? I would love to have a 392 in a 1500 Sport !!!!! Just saying....

One of the things I missed the most was the LED Head Lights on the 2020, I fixed this by installing Morimoto XB LED Head Lights on my 2017 Sport. This is a great mod.

Additional Mods: K&N 63 Series Performance Intake, PedalMax Throttle JMS Chip, Custom 3" Exhaust with Magnaflow 14" muffler and 4.5" Finishers. (This is a nice deep aggressive sound) Front Leveling Kit and deleted some emblems and changed what was left to Black.

I know this doesn't really help your post, just felt like sharing..............

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought a new 2020 Laramie Sport 1500 4X4, did a few mods to it, kept it for about 7 months and decided I just liked the lines on a 2017 Sport better. I know I gave up some technology going backwards, but.......

I was fortunate enough to fund a 2017 RAM 1500 4X4 Sport with really low miles for a reasonable price! Of course now I could sell, because used trucks are bringing stupid money due to the chip shortage, but replace it wit what? I would love to have a 392 in a 1500 Sport !!!!! Just saying....

One of the things I missed the most was the LED Head Lights on the 2020, I fixed this by installing Morimoto XB LED Head Lights on my 2017 Sport. This is a great mod.

Additional Mods: K&N 63 Series Performance Intake, PedalMax Throttle JMS Chip, Custom 3" Exhaust with Magnaflow 14" muffler and 4.5" Finishers. (This is a nice deep aggressive sound) Front Leveling Kit and deleted some emblems and changed what was left to Black.

I know this doesn't really help your post, just felt like sharing..............
Sounds like you're happy with your decision. That's what matters most...to me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread