5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 3.5" kit on Offroad Package

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have my 3.5 ready lift on its way to my door and after reading all these comments about height i am confused and need some much needed advice. I have a Longhorne with stock suspension. My front end measures 21" from center of wheel to fender, and my rear measures 23" from center of wheel to fender. That being said which components of the readylift kit should I have not installed then?
You can install all of it. The only time there's a concern about what to install and what not to install is if you have the Off-Road package, Rebel, or North Edition (all of which are 1" higher from the factory).

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can install all of it. The only time there's a concern about what to install and what not to install is if you have the Off-Road package, Rebel, or North Edition (all of which are 1" higher from the factory).
Thank you for the clarification! much appreciated

Creep0321

Reaction score
So I haven’t done the research yet, but could you purchase the 2” label kit with UCA, and a rear spacer separate and same some $ without the preload spacer? Also does anyone make like a 1” rear spacer to cut the rake down just a bit? (I would still like some rake for towing)

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I haven’t done the research yet, but could you purchase the 2” label kit with UCA, and a rear spacer separate and same some $ without the preload spacer? Also does anyone make like a 1” rear spacer to cut the rake down just a bit? (I would still like some rake for towing)
Ebay, 1" spacers on the cheap. The 2" RL kit only nets about 1-3/4" and that's on the generous side

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have used rear spacers before as you usually can get them in a variety of heights depending on what rake you’d like. They are not very costly and easy to swap out if you’d like to change to a taller or shorter spacer in the future

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best option then would probably be to buy the control arms alone off of Amazon. Then if you are wanting a 2" kit, go with the Daystar kit. It comes with a 2" front and 1" rear spacer. I think I am about to swap the Readylift tophat out for the Daystar, along with adding the springs off of the offroad trucks for a total of 3" in the front and 1" in the rear.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Best option then would probably be to buy the control arms alone off of Amazon. Then if you are wanting a 2" kit, go with the Daystar kit. It comes with a 2" front and 1" rear spacer. I think I am about to swap the Readylift tophat out for the Daystar, along with adding the springs off of the offroad trucks for a total of 3" in the front and 1" in the rear.
^^^ This. That's exactly what I just did this last weekend. The Daystar kit is quality, quiet, and an easy install. Left me with about 3/4" rake since I was only at about 1.75" rake to begin with.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Best place to get the daystar kit? I can’t seem to find it for the 19 DT 4x4.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Best place to get the daystar kit? I can’t seem to find it for the 19 DT 4x4.
Summit racing. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dys-kc09139bk

This is the kit on Daystar's website: http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1690

You'll see a lot of misinformation about the kit - It's not a 2.5" kit, though many advertisers and even Daystar has is listed that way in certain places. Also, you don't need to cut the studs, even though the instructions that come in the full lift kit say you do - they are old instructions. The front kit number is KC09142BK (which I had originally before I got the whole kit) and those instructions specifically say not to cut the studs - and it says it on the product info page on Daystar's website (above). I believe they redesigned their extensions to go deeper.

The rear spacers can be a bit tricky - the coil will not want to seat completely inside it until you get some pressure on it once in the truck - it's indexed inside, so once you get some pressure on it, just twist it counter-clockwise (left-to-right) to make sure the upper spring end is tight against the seat inside there.

Last edited:

Creep0321

Reaction score
Summit racing. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dys-kc09139bk

This is the kit on Daystar's website: http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1690

You'll see a lot of misinformation about the kit - It's not a 2.5" kit, though many advertisers and even Daystar has is listed that way in certain places. Also, you don't need to cut the studs, even though the instructions that come in the full lift kit say you do - they are old instructions. The front kit number is KC09142BK (which I had originally before I got the whole kit) and those instructions specifically say not to cut the studs - and it says it on the product info page on Daystar's website (above). I believe they redesigned their extensions to go deeper.

The rear spacers can be a bit tricky - the coil will not want to seat completely inside it until you get some pressure on it once in the truck - it's indexed inside, so once you get some pressure on it, just twist it counter-clockwise (left-to-right) to make sure the upper spring end is tight against the seat inside there.
In daystars website it says “Not for use on DT Body trucks with factory off-road package.”

rsonedecker

Reaction score
In daystars website it says “Not for use on DT Body trucks with factory off-road package.”
Yes, most likely because they don't have new UCAs in their kit - their 2" spacer plus the 1" factory lift really requires new UCAs.

LogJammin

Reaction score
So much great info out there...this forum can be a mind-saver! So in interest of saving my mind:

I have a '19 Laramie with Off Road Package. Interested in leveling the front, originally wanted ReadyLift 2" level kit. As pointed out in other posts, ReadyLift explicitly calls out that the kit is not recommended for trucks with factory ORP. I contacted ReadyLift via the website and here was the response:

I'm looking for a level kit with UCAs for a 2019 1500 4x4 with the "Off Road Package" and NO air suspension. What would you recommend?

We are recommending for the factory lifted 2019 Ram 1500s that you can use our 3.5" lift kit, but do not install the preload spacer. This will ensure that you have the proper UCA cup angles for the amount of lift the truck will have.

So...RL is basically saying to buy a full lift kit (retail for $900 on their website) and then only use the strut extenders and UCAs. I assume the strut extenders are the exact same ones included in the 2" leveling kit (with the additional 1.5" coming from the preload spacer). Are the UCAs in the 3.5" lift kit different than the UCAs in the 2" level kit? I'd hate to spend $900 ($690 on amazon) for a full lift kit when all I need are the extenders and UCAs.

Anybody have advice on how to get a front end level on a ORP truck? Which extender / UCA combination would you recommend. Not looking to be cheap...I believe quality is important. Just don't want to pay for excess hardware that I'm not interested in using.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
So much great info out there...this forum can be a mind-saver! So in interest of saving my mind:

I have a '19 Laramie with Off Road Package. Interested in leveling the front, originally wanted ReadyLift 2" level kit. As pointed out in other posts, ReadyLift explicitly calls out that the kit is not recommended for trucks with factory ORP. I contacted ReadyLift via the website and here was the response:

I'm looking for a level kit with UCAs for a 2019 1500 4x4 with the "Off Road Package" and NO air suspension. What would you recommend?

We are recommending for the factory lifted 2019 Ram 1500s that you can use our 3.5" lift kit, but do not install the preload spacer. This will ensure that you have the proper UCA cup angles for the amount of lift the truck will have.

So...RL is basically saying to buy a full lift kit (retail for $900 on their website) and then only use the strut extenders and UCAs. I assume the strut extenders are the exact same ones included in the 2" leveling kit (with the additional 1.5" coming from the preload spacer). Are the UCAs in the 3.5" lift kit different than the UCAs in the 2" level kit? I'd hate to spend $900 ($690 on amazon) for a full lift kit when all I need are the extenders and UCAs.

Anybody have advice on how to get a front end level on a ORP truck? Which extender / UCA combination would you recommend. Not looking to be cheap...I believe quality is important. Just don't want to pay for excess hardware that I'm not interested in using.
I don't know why they didn't just recommend their level kit with the UCAs, that's what you really want (depending on current rake). Using the full lift kit and not using the pre-load spacer will not "level" your truck.

The full 3.5" lift kit has the preload spacers and the top hat spacers, which together produce the "3.5 inches" of lift, but the preload spacers are about 2" of that 3.5" lift - their top hats only really give about 1.5"-1.75" give-or-take. Depending on your rake (go measure), you might be able to use the readylift top hat spacers to get your level, or you might just source the UCAs alone (67-1500 part number), and get a true 2" lift top-hat spacer (motofab, daystar).

LogJammin

Reaction score
The full 3.5" lift kit has the preload spacers and the top hat spacers, which together produce the "3.5 inches" of lift, but the preload spacers are about 2" of that 3.5" lift - their top hats only really give about 1.5"-1.75" give-or-take. Depending on your rake (go measure), you might be able to use the readylift top hat spacers to get your level, or you might just source the UCAs alone (67-1500 part number), and get a true 2" lift top-hat spacer (motofab, daystar).

Yeah...this is what was confusing about their response. I assumed that the UCAs in the 3.5" kit were different than the UCAs in the 2" kit, otherwise, I couldn't understand why they would recommend I buy a whole lift kit if all I wanted was a level. I've read about others using the motofab top-hats with the readylift UCAs. Think I'll go that route...a lot less money! Thanks for the verification.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if the control arms are different, you’d have to ask them. I purchased a complete kit but didn’t use the pre load spacers. At the time I purchased, there wasn’t much info out there and I found out later that I shouldn’t use the pre load spacer. Ready Lift would not take the pre-load spacers back, so I sold them on here. I did want to maintain some rake, so I still used the rear spacer as well. If you want it level, you probably should just purchase the top hat and upper control arms. Before you decide though, make sure you measure the height of your front end like I stated at the start of this thread. It seems like not all off road package trucks are as high as they should be. If your truck is one of those, you can use the complete kit.

xrayeddave

Reaction score
Rammit recommended this thread as I am new member with of course 2019 with ORP and had dealer install level kit only to have them remove it because of clunking noise from front end. I now have answer I need to level my truck. Use spacer 2 incheck and upper control arms from ready lift and good to go. Thank you Rammit and all who contributed to this thread.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rammit recommended this thread as I am new member with of course 2019 with ORP and had dealer install level kit only to have them remove it because of clunking noise from front end. I now have answer I need to level my truck. Use spacer 2 incheck and upper control arms from ready lift and good to go. Thank you Rammit and all who contributed to this thread.
I’m glad this thread helped.

NorthCountryEvo

Reaction score
Okay, reading and re-reading through everything in this thread, and others, and I want to make sure I've got everything straight before I start blowing my paycheck.

I have a Rebel, non-air suspension, and the hub to fender distances at 22" in the front, 24" in the rear.

I'm wanting to pull the trigger on the ReadyLift 3.5" SST, and based on having a 22" hub center to fender distance in the front, that should be exactly within spec to be able to run the full SST kit without having to exclude the preload spacer... correct? It should also be leaving me with roughly a .5" rake as well if i'm understanding everything properly?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, reading and re-reading through everything in this thread, and others, and I want to make sure I've got everything straight before I start blowing my paycheck.

I have a Rebel, non-air suspension, and the hub to fender distances at 22" in the front, 24" in the rear.

I'm wanting to pull the trigger on the ReadyLift 3.5" SST, and based on having a 22" hub center to fender distance in the front, that should be exactly within spec to be able to run the full SST kit without having to exclude the preload spacer... correct? It should also be leaving me with roughly a .5" rake as well if i'm understanding everything properly?
Yes that is correct. Ready lift can confirm if you call their tech support, but that is the details to know if you should use it or not. I ended up not using the preload spacer since my distance exceeded their recommendation. Let us know what you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread