5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 3.5" kit on Offroad Package

Marty3374

Reaction score
Looks great. What backspace did you go with on the wheels
Offset was 0 backspace 5. When I ordered the wheels I intended on putting on 35/12.5/20. I changed last minute and put on a smaller tire. The tires are flush with the fender. I should have stayed with the wider tire

Marty3374

Reaction score
How do you like the ride of the truck now? My SST 3.5 Readylift kit was on my porch when I got home today. 35in Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino wheels in the garage. Now its time to get it all on the truck!!
Very nice!! On smooth roads it rides just like stock. I notice its a little rougher on bumpy roads but not bad on gravel if that makes sense. I really like it! Yours is gunna be nice!!!

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Offset was 0 backspace 5. When I ordered the wheels I intended on putting on 35/12.5/20. I changed last minute and put on a smaller tire. The tires are flush with the fender. I should have stayed with the wider tire
I kind of did the same thing. Ended up doing 35x11.50. I would like to have did the 12.50’s but I do a lot of highway driving and wanted to stay a little more conservative. Your truck looks great.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
I like the lift w/o the preload spacer, I am not a fan of a saggy *** on a truck. Measurements are close enough to me.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I kind of did the same thing. Ended up doing 35x11.50. I would like to have did the 12.50’s but I do a lot of highway driving and wanted to stay a little more conservative. Your truck looks great.[/QUOTE

I rolled with the 11.5in wide the last few times.. look just as good!

Marty3374

Reaction score
I kind of did the same thing. Ended up doing 35x11.50. I would like to have did the 12.50’s but I do a lot of highway driving and wanted to stay a little more conservative. Your truck looks great.
Thank you, thats why I went with the smaller tire also

Icecold77

Reaction score
Guys.. would you say the SST 3.5in kit leveled your truck? My point is they say you get 3.5in in the front and 2in in the rear.. I know a level kit is 2 in, that leaves .5 off. That being said, I cant imagine that .5 is even noticeable?? Mine has an appointment Monday for the 3.5 SST and wheels and tires

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys.. would you say the SST 3.5in kit leveled your truck? My point is they say you get 3.5in in the front and 2in in the rear.. I know a level kit is 2 in, that leaves .5 off. That being said, I cant imagine that .5 is even noticeable?? Mine has an appointment Monday for the 3.5 SST and wheels and tires
The Readylift is meant to level it out while providing a lift to the entire truck. A level kit will level but only provide a lift to the front.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All these truck set a little different depending on options and what not they need anywhere from 1.5" in the front to 2.5" to set level. So for some the 3.5 kit might level them up others might still have a noticable rake. I took some measurements on mine and it's going to take 2.25" to set level. The other thing to keep in mind is that the frame pivots around the back tire so raising just the front is going to lower everything behind the rear tire. Effectively for anyone going offroad a leveling kite helps the approach angle but you're going to lose a little on the departure angle

Icecold77

Reaction score
thats not what icecold77 is asking . its only raising the front 1.5 more than the rear hence not level.

You are correct. I've leveled a bunch of trucks. The reason I asked here was exactly directed at the same question this post states.

I know all trucks sit a bit differently, more interested in after this Lift is the *** end still noticeably higher?

Icecold77

Reaction score
Appreciate everyone's feedback. Readylift told me measure from the center of the front wheel to the fender and the same for the back. Add the 3.5 to the front # and 2 to the back and there is your answer. I was just seeking real life results to date.

Marty3374

Reaction score
You cant even see it on mine

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone's feedback. Readylift told me measure from the center of the front wheel to the fender and the same for the back. Add the 3.5 to the front # and 2 to the back and there is your answer. I was just seeking real life results to date.
This was always a topic of discussion in the GM forums as well and it boiled down to what part of the truck do you want to level. Bottom of the cab, wheel well arches or bed rails. If you were to measure all these points you'll find only one of three can be level. The rear wheel arch is intentionally cut higher than the front. So if you level by the arches the front of the cab is actually higher than the rear. I have not measured the ram but on the gm trucks the front of the bed rail was 2 inches lower than the bed rail at the tailgate. Most guys leveled the wheel arches which made the cab sit about an inch higher if you measured from the ground to the bottom of the cab.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was always a topic of discussion in the GM forums as well and it boiled down to what part of the truck do you want to level. Bottom of the cab, wheel well arches or bed rails. If you were to measure all these points you'll find only one of three can be level. The rear wheel arch is intentionally cut higher than the front. So if you level by the arches the front of the cab is actually higher than the rear. I have not measured the ram but on the gm trucks the front of the bed rail was 2 inches lower than the bed rail at the tailgate. Most guys leveled the wheel arches which made the cab sit about an inch higher if you measured from the ground to the bottom of the cab.
Your exactly right. Sometimes a perfectly leveled truck appears higher in the front. It’s all depending on where you measure. I like to measure from the ground to the wheel arch since that is what my eye is drawn to. I prefer a slight rake so the truck doesn’t look nose high.

Marty3374

Reaction score
Your exactly right. Sometimes a perfectly leveled truck appears higher in the front. It’s all depending on where you measure. I like to measure from the ground to the wheel arch since that is what my eye is drawn to. I prefer a slight rake so the truck doesn’t look nose high.
I need to measure mine on even pavement In the pictures I took it looks nose high, even tho it has the .5” rake

Attachments

• 069F11BE-941E-4813-849A-EE3E69B0719C.jpeg
    069F11BE-941E-4813-849A-EE3E69B0719C.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 395

Troop2865

Reaction score
I am new here and I have learned a lot from reading your posts on lifts for the 2019 Ram 1500 with the off road package. I have ordered a Bighorn crew cab 4x4 with the off road package. I have spoken with Readylift and they advised me of the same information regarding measuring the front end height. I would like to get the full 3 1/2 inches of lift in the front. Here is what I am thinking and I am open to suggestions.

Considering the front of my truck should be one inch taller from the factory, I want to use the Motofab 2 1/2 inch front leveling kit with the Maxtrac forged aluminum UCA. This should result in a 3 1/2 inch front lift with new upper arms constructed for the additional lift. In the rear I will run a one inch spacer. This should make the truck close to level front to rear. I want to run 18x9 wheels with an offset of 0 to -12. For tires I am going to run 35x12.50x18.

I am open to suggestions. I haven’t settled on a wheel yet. Just way too many choices. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread