5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading the owners manual, it says 89 gasoline is recommended as it using Top Tier gasoline. The only Top Tier gasoline available locally does not hav

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not for a truck that makes 8 mpg. Not practical for me.
jon-hamm-sure.gif

jimchi

Reaction score
FYI, if you sign up for the gas station loyalty programs, you usually get 5-10¢/gal off. Not much, but it helps.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nice. So you have to go to those stations to use it?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could get octane booster and just use it when towing. About $3 to $5 per bottle.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey, we better be careful here. We are not all agreeing on the subject. The thread will be locked soon!! 😆

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could get octane booster and just use it when towing. About $3 to $5 per bottle.
Would take several bottles to make any difference. One bottle might get you to 87.2 octane. And that's if you have the small fuel tank.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why worry about any sort of savings? After all that is not needed if you buy a $40k truck remember? How silly!
Difference between saving on the price of fuel you should be running, and just being cheap by running 87 to save a couple dollars. I also have to run 91 octane or better since I have the Pulsar.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems they want your driver's license and to be linked to a checking account. Beware that GasBuddy collects a ton of data from your phone and sells it to third parties.
Any app you download to do the same thing collects data and sells it. I have an email account I use specifically to sign up for things like this and collect junk mail, and a different one I use for more "official" use that doesn't get a lot of junk mail. I've never had an issue, and being that you get a completely different card to swipe that requires a pin to use, it's more secure from being hacked than your debit or credit cards other similar apps link and require you to use. Card skimmer on the pump, no issue. Whoever collects the data would still need your pin code, and even then they could only use it to buy fuel if they can swipe a card at the pump.

Majortom

Reaction score
Yep. That's it. You posted the whole thing, thanks. That's where it says the engine was designed for 87 to 89 and 15% ethanol too. Unfortunately many people can only match pictures so they think 89 is the only way. Words are important.
Re read that. It specifically says not to use E85 *or* anything greater that 15% ethanol. Less that 15% appears okay, 15% or more isn’t. E85 is 15%

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Re read that. It specifically says not to use E85 *or* anything greater that 15% ethanol. Less that 15% appears okay, 15% or more isn’t. E85 is 15%
Actually, you should re-read that. He didn't say you could use E85. He said you can use up to 15% ethanol, which is correct. Your last 2 statements are wrong. Alternative Fuels Data Center: E85 (Flex Fuel)

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

No 88 octane is 15% which you can use. Usually the blue handle.

E85 in a perfect world should be 85%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread