5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading the owners manual, it says 89 gasoline is recommended as it using Top Tier gasoline. The only Top Tier gasoline available locally does not hav

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mid-grade is .40 more here. I filled up with 89 octane for the first time ever with a Hemi and honestly can’t tell the difference. Power and gas mileage were exactly the same. Maybe if I was towing something heavy there would be a benefit but for everyday driving it’s a waste of money.
I get better mileage using 93 vs 87. I might have more power but I don't notice it just the increase in millage canceling out the price difference.
Around me it's generally just 87 or 93. Some stations do have 89 or 91, but ALL of them have 87 and 93 for some reason.

I like to use the same octane of gas and not swap around as the truck doesn't want to need to relearn how to burn it's food every time I drive it.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Ethanol has about 2/3 the energy of gasoline. The higher % ethanol, the worse the mileage. E10 and E15 are roughly 4% and 5% less miles per gallon (E85 is about 25% less).

Quint

Reaction score
On a random gasoline thread, I wonder what the bull$hiit ratio is spread over nine pages??

Users who are viewing this thread