5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading the owners manual, it says 89 gasoline is recommended as it using Top Tier gasoline. The only Top Tier gasoline available locally does not hav

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Then there are those who just want all of what we paid for so we run 89 octane. It's $2-$5 a tank difference depending on your local prices and how low you let your tank run. If that is what's going to make or break you paying your bills you probably shouldn't be driving a new $40+k truck.
It won’t break me if I run 89. I use it when towing. Otherwise it’s just wasting beer money on gas for no reason.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It won’t break me if I run 89. I use it when towing. Otherwise it’s just wasting beer money on gas for no reason.
There is a reason, the owners manual even tells you the reason in black and white. You choose to handicap your truck to save some pocket change, that's on you.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Average priced low end production pickup. The $40k really has nothing to do with pissing money away daily.

I drink the water from my tap at home too. It comes from a well and it's good water.

I could drink Berg for about $40/fifth but don't see the need in drinking a melted iceberg when my well does the trick.

There are suckers born every day though. Are you one?😉

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Average priced low end production pickup. The $40k really has nothing to do with pissing money away daily.

I drink the water from my tap at home too. It comes from a well and it's good water.

I could drink Berg for about $40/fifth but don't see the need in drinking a melted iceberg when my well does the trick.

Comparing drinking water to fuel is a bit of a stretch. And personally good well water is better than anything from a bottle. I grew up on artesian well water. Untreated, unfiltered and wonderful.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is a reason, the owners manual even tells you the reason in black and white. You choose to handicap your truck to save some pocket change, that's on you.
It doesn’t say that. It says 87 to 89, and use 89 for optimal performance. Mpg is not different between the two for me. So if I’m just highway driving to work, what’s the point of throwing money away? I don’t need 400hp for that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Well water straight from the ground is the best! I like when you can taste the minerals. I had many 8 inch wells on the farm. They were the best

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ll have a truck when I need it. Sucks to have to borrow one. Plus the interior is noice!
You'd still have a truck if you went with the better gears and ran better gas in it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn’t say that. It says 87 to 89, and use 89 for optimal performance. Mpg is not different between the two for me. So if I’m just highway driving to work, what’s the point of throwing money away? I don’t need 400hp for that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It says run 89 for best performance and fuel economy. So you are handicapping the truck. It's not about racing or only WOT performance.

Users who are viewing this thread