5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox warped and misaligned

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely will buy it again and only with a Rambox. I had a 2015 and 2017 Rebel without them and my 2019 with the Rambox. Definitely a very functional feature. Bed is always clear of junk b/c the wire ties, tie downs, jumper cables, etc are are neatly organized and stored in the Rambox plus gives great functionality to the kids and wife for storage i.e. soccer balls, cleats, etc. Easy access as well. The warping, is not that bad. Many people don't even notice it. For example, I did not notice it. It did not bother me and it still does not bother me personally. If it can be fixed then great. If not I don't really care. It's not an "issue," per say, in my book.

Hey, these reasonable opinions have no place on the internet. ;)

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I bought my Longhorn during the great deals in June. Took delivery July 2nd. My Ramboxes are warped on the ends with that top part separating from the rest of the lid. I adjusted the bumpers and got the lids to fit right with the bedsides but of course can’t do anything about the top part warping/ seperating. I am going to leave mine alone until a fix is found. I don’t see the point of having the lids replaced if they are just going to do the same thing again. Mine were warped when I bought the truck and can’t tell that they have gotten any worse. However my truck was built in March of this year so I don’t know what it looked like when first built. I didn’t see it until end of June so it could have possibly warped in the 3 months it sat on the lot.
This is the only thing wrong with my truck. I absolutely love the Saddle/Black Longhorn interior. It’s the nicest interior of any vehicle I’ve ever owned and I had a Lexus once. I have made a few changes and wouldn’t trade my Ram for any other truck on the market. The real wood and leather dash is so much nicer than the hard plastic the other manufacturers offer. Nothing else is even close in my opinion.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Just noticed in the brochure RAM mails out to new owners (to get the free key chain), that in the pic of the RAM with the RAMBOX it is absolutely perfectly aligned haha
Will have to bring that into my dealer and tell them that’s how I expect mine to look.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just noticed in the brochure RAM mails out to new owners (to get the free key chain), that in the pic of the RAM with the RAMBOX it is absolutely perfectly aligned haha
Will have to bring that into my dealer and tell them that’s how I expect mine to look.
What brochure is this?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s the thing about computer renderings...they tend to turn out better than the real thing ;)

barakutha

Reaction score
Can someone on this site please come up with a hack or invention to fix this embarrassment while we wait for a solution from FCA? I'd pay for it

de31cc477055b96917458d08a4290569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I took my truck to the local dealership today for a $20 oil change special. I made them aware of the Ramboxes bowing and the overly aggressive backup sensor. He is going to check with Ram about the Ramboxes. I’ll be sure and post on here what he says

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Service department took pics and will send to Ram for approval for replacement

barakutha

Reaction score
I tried warming the lid with a steam machine and heat gun with weights on top. This may have helped a little but still rediculous that a 50k+ vehicle doesn't have straight lines. Plus I'm sure they'll keep warping over time

02d640ba08b971b15a84632f22d55e25.jpg
8950b453660cfb0f683424b6630ee7de.jpg
ca2c85a8c4e3d99c4bbd9ace5b9e3c55.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What if Diamondback made heavy duty diamond plate replacement lids for the RamBox? Wondered that based on the RamBox version of their bed cover as posted here:

barakutha

Reaction score
I tried warming the lid with a steam machine and heat gun with weights on top. This may have helped a little but still rediculous that a 50k+ vehicle doesn't have straight lines. Plus I'm sure they'll keep warping over time

02d640ba08b971b15a84632f22d55e25.jpg
8950b453660cfb0f683424b6630ee7de.jpg
ca2c85a8c4e3d99c4bbd9ace5b9e3c55.jpg

Update.. didn't work

jkratze1

Reaction score
Well that is it, no Ramboxes for me. I am OCD about these things somewhat and that would drive me nuts.

Geobound

Reaction score

I got the same flyer in the mail too, and followed the prompts (which weren't easy to locate), entered my PIN & Postal Code, but no confirmation email has come through yet. Did you ever get your key chain?

As for the warping of the Ramboxes........I had a 2013 with 6'4 boxes and those things were rock solid. I don't know why going to the 5'7" would be an issue, but these are 100% made of cheaper material than the years prior.

I could potentially except a few problems were this to be a new feature, but it's been around for a long time so there is no excuse for such shoddy material/workmanship.

Having said all that, I LOVE MY 2019 Limited!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the same flyer in the mail too, and followed the prompts (which weren't easy to locate), entered my PIN & Postal Code, but no confirmation email has come through yet. Did you ever get your key chain?

As for the warping of the Ramboxes........I had a 2013 with 6'4 boxes and those things were rock solid. I don't know why going to the 5'7" would be an issue, but these are 100% made of cheaper material than the years prior.

I could potentially except a few problems were this to be a new feature, but it's been around for a long time so there is no excuse for such shoddy material/workmanship.

Having said all that, I LOVE MY 2019 Limited!!
Among the (many) discussions we’ve had on this topic, the fact that Ram had to go to a new supplier when the old one went out of business has accounted for a lot of these issues. In effect, it is a “new feature”, at least as far as the current RamBox manufacturer is concerned. Many of us that ordered trucks with RamBoxes last year waited 100 days or more to have them delivered, often because of RamBox quality control issues or delays. We even tracked their progress on a Google Sheet together. The bottom line is that it shouldn’t be surprising to see these issues to anyone that’s spent time researching before purchase on this forum ;)

Users who are viewing this thread