5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox warped and misaligned

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So here is the update on my truck. I am taking it in on Wednesday. Pictures were taken, sent to Chrysler but the dealer was recommended to do a dealer repair first before full replacement. The one issue i will have replacement is the paint matching. We have not gotten to this discussion as they need to first try to align the door and try to eliminate the warping. The body shop says they have a way to adjust the alignment and warping issue without replacement. Will keep the group updated and will provide before and after pics on Thursday 10.24.19.

Hi lasani1121,
If additional assistance is needed, we are available through private message!
Laura
Ram Cares

lasani1121

Reaction score
I sure hope it's better than the fix my dealer was told! Didn't fix $hit!
Aside from the in/out adjustments on the sides I am not sure how they can be adjusted without replacing since everything else is fixed. Hope they can do it though!
We will know soon enough. I drop my truck off on Wednesday. Let's see what they come back with.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I guess I need to bring my in and get a STAR case set up. I have been waiting to see if they come out with a proper fix for them. I can see if they have a fix for the alignment, but the warping part--I don't know how they are going to get these to lay down. Purchased in June 2019 and at 15,300 miles
IMG_8097.jpg
IMG_8418.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8098.jpg
    IMG_8098.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 24

Msgtowens

Reaction score
I don’t know what happened to the other thread regarding this issue. It seems to have been deleted.

As many others have experienced, my RamBox lids are warping up on the edges and misaligned with the body.

I took my truck to the dealership today and they weren’t excited about having to deal with it. They said they need to get authorization from FCA and order new boxes and then paint them. Made it sound like FCA would not accept the claim. I told them: okay, do what you need to do to get it fixed. I dropped it off with no estimate on if/when it will be fixed.

The state of my RamBox lids is unacceptable in any truck, much less in a $70k Limited with less than 4,000 miles.

Has anyone had any success in getting their RamBox lids replaced and/or aligned by the Dealership?
I have the same issue and am waiting for @ramcare to respond to me. I have under 1000 Mike's. My 2015 with rambox doesn't have that issue. I believe that my 2015 rambox kids are a different material than the plastic crap they have on the 2019.

Toby J

Reaction score
Have the same issue on my 2020 Limited. The driver-side is perfect. Passenger-side has a large enough gap I can stick my finger inside. First three photos are from the passenger-side and last three are from the driver-side. Ill call my dealer and keep you updated. Truck has 200 miles on it.

Attachments

• 2019-10-27 18.12.50.jpg
    2019-10-27 18.12.50.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 2019-10-27 18.13.04.jpg
    2019-10-27 18.13.04.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 2019-10-27 18.13.11.jpg
    2019-10-27 18.13.11.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 2019-10-27 18.13.17.jpg
    2019-10-27 18.13.17.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 2019-10-27 18.13.25.jpg
    2019-10-27 18.13.25.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 2019-10-27 18.13.27.jpg
    2019-10-27 18.13.27.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 116

Kishwaukee1989

Reaction score
2016 1500 Big Horn 6'4" bed with Ram Box. My driver side box does not double latch. Any way to fix this? The painted cover on the side of the passenger box has poped off. looks like its held on by double sided tape?? really tape?

RAMpage

Reaction score
Have the same issue on my 2020 Limited. The driver-side is perfect. Passenger-side has a large enough gap I can stick my finger inside. First three photos are from the passenger-side and last three are from the driver-side. Ill call my dealer and keep you updated. Truck has 200 miles on it.

The driver side one looks like it's in too far at the bottom - you can adjust that part yourself.

stevestrike

Reaction score
Just got my truck back after a month waiting for new Ramboxes. Yes, a month. Service center told me they ordered four sets of Ramboxes until a set came in that wasn't warped or would fit correctly.

They look fine, I guess. Not great to be honest, and it's really turned me off of this truck. I figured when it gets hot again in a few months these will just warp again like the last ones anyway.

I'll post some updated pics if anyone's interested.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Just got my truck back after a month waiting for new Ramboxes. Yes, a month. Service center told me they ordered four sets of Ramboxes until a set came in that wasn't warped or would fit correctly.

They look fine, I guess. Not great to be honest, and it's really turned me off of this truck. I figured when it gets hot again in a few months these will just warp again like the last ones anyway.

I'll post some updated pics if anyone's interested.

Yes, please post some pics if you have a chance. Still waiting for mine to come in... been a few months now. Thanks for the update!

Msgtowens

Reaction score
I don’t know what happened to the other thread regarding this issue. It seems to have been deleted.

As many others have experienced, my RamBox lids are warping up on the edges and misaligned with the body.

I took my truck to the dealership today and they weren’t excited about having to deal with it. They said they need to get authorization from FCA and order new boxes and then paint them. Made it sound like FCA would not accept the claim. I told them: okay, do what you need to do to get it fixed. I dropped it off with no estimate on if/when it will be fixed.

The state of my RamBox lids is unacceptable in any truck, much less in a $70k Limited with less than 4,000 miles.

Has anyone had any success in getting their RamBox lids replaced and/or aligned by the Dealership?
Hi! I am in the same boat. Less than 3000 miles. Contacted ram cares and took to my dealership. Took them 3 weeks to get the approval but was approved and they are replacing the boxes next week.

rightushook

Reaction score
Just registered, brought home a 2019 Power Wagon with this issue, doesn't seem to leak but just bothers me because of the gap.

CobraKai

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited with the rambox and it is starting to warp on driver's side. I also notice a discoloration in the paint on the lid anybody else have that? Is there a fix for these yet or will I have to fight with the dealer still to have them replaced??

Users who are viewing this thread