5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Foxman

Reaction score
For your entertainment and to keep my word to Dylan with Ram Chat...

Dylan: Hi, my name is Dylan with Ram Customer Care, How may I help you today?

Dylan: Hello

Jason Blanchard: Hi

Jason Blanchard: I've placed an order for a new RAM Truck VIN#1xxxxxxxxx with VON#41xxxxxx on 5/2/2018. On my last check I was in D Status. Can you please give me an update as to when I can expect delivery of my truck. I was told 6-8 weeks but I understand there have been some delays with Rambox equipped vehicles.

Dylan: Let me look into that further Jason

Dylan: The vehicle is currently in D status, that would be correct information regarding the Rambox

Dylan: I do apologize for any inconveneince

Jason Blanchard: I am tracking the progress of 52 Rambox trucks in a forum for 5th gen rams. I'm the oldest order and all other trucks either have been built or in D1 status. Can you explain why I'm still in D? This doesn't seem right.

Jason Blanchard: Did my order get overlooked?

Dylan: Have you been provided a case number?>

Jason Blanchard: 3xxxxxxx

Dylan: understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery
for your new Ram Truck and I am here to assist you. Please know that the
all-new Ram 1500 production is still in a launch phase and timing will
vary depending on your unique, specific configuration.
With production ramp up and strong demand for the all-new Ram 1500, we
are experiencing longer than usual order to delivery times. Due to this,
there are delays in production of the RamBox Cargo Management System. We
are working to expedite your order as quickly as possible.
I will continue to track the status of your 2019 Ram 1500 order & will
provide email updates as they become available.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Jason Blanchard: Yes. That is in the body of the email I recieved.

Dylan: This would be the information we have been provided from our information center, they will be following up as soon as further updates are available

Jason Blanchard: Yes, but that does not explain why all other order with the exception of mine are either built or in D1. I'm stil lin D. If I could show you the information on my screen, I think you would agree that something is amiss.

Dylan: I can certainly note this on file for you and our information center will follow up

Jason Blanchard: Who can I follow up with to get better answers. I've been waiting for 4 months with no end in sight.

Dylan: Our information center would be the appropriate department to gather additional details, I will be updating your file that you are seeking follow up

Dylan: I do apologize for any inconvenience

Jason Blanchard: I understand that it is not your fault and I certainly lay no blame with you. However, I have been very patient and would certainly appreciate someone paying some attention to my inquiry and take a few moments to run down a more detailed and researched response.

Dylan: I am afraid we would not have access to this information at this time but will be documenting your request from the appropriate department Jason

Jason Blanchard: Do you have contact information for me to contact a department that may be of more detailed assistance?

Dylan: I am afraid they do not have contact information to provide but will follow up with you via email, you also do have the option to reply to the email that was sent out

Jason Blanchard: I see the link there and I certainly will follow that path. But a suggestion for improvement, FCA should properly equip you and your equals to better service its perspective new clients. This is unacceptable that there is no department available for us to get information on an order that we've placed for many thousands of dollars to not get a satisfactory update. Not your fault, but hopefully your superiors vew this message chain and find a way to improve your service delivery.

Dylan: I will certainly ensure this feedback is documented for you Jason

Jason Blanchard: This message chain will be published on 5thgenrams.com as an example of your companies efforts to service its clients. Thanks again for your help.

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I very highly suspect (between email response hours and canned responses) that the folks responding to inquiries are not in the US. Though India comes to mind Poland seems to be a very popular place for European companies to place their customer service units.

Duane

Reaction score
Sadly, these are actually typically NOT real people at all!!
Most of these 'Live Chat' things on various company web sites are completely, absolutely, & simply COMPUTER PROGRAMS!!
This is a fact.
I get inquiries / leads all the time from the company I work with (I do not like it at all, but it is apparrantly quite regular & common practice today); very smart engineers, plant officers, and manufacturing executives have lenthy & courteous conversations with our computer fake person. It is remarkable, really. They never realize that they are chatting with a machine.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, we were invited to the Ram eTorque media drive this week in Lexington, Kentucky. I was unable to go but thankfully @alwi228 was able to step in and go for me. While we can't talk about driving impressions until 12:01 tomorrow morning, he did shoot this quick rambox video for you guys.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, we were invited to the Ram eTorque media drive this week in Lexington, Kentucky. I was unable to go but thankfully @alwi228 was able to step in and go for me. While we can't talk about driving impressions until 12:01 tomorrow morning, he did shoot this quick rambox video for you guys.

Sooooo...just wondering, did they specify 12:01am in a particular time zone? Uh, cuz I've got a friend in Australia and it's currently 10:14am tomorrow morning there...

Douglas31

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for specific pictures or video I am more than happy to provide. Even though I have the addendum showing the divider as such and not an extender, I am still waiting for the dealer’s response on the missing connections for using it as an extender.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Err I think you have my truck

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For your entertainment and to keep my word to Dylan with Ram Chat...

Dylan: Hi, my name is Dylan with Ram Customer Care, How may I help you today?

Dylan: Hello

Jason Blanchard: Hi

Jason Blanchard: I've placed an order for a new RAM Truck VIN#1xxxxxxxxx with VON#41xxxxxx on 5/2/2018. On my last check I was in D Status. Can you please give me an update as to when I can expect delivery of my truck. I was told 6-8 weeks but I understand there have been some delays with Rambox equipped vehicles.

Dylan: Let me look into that further Jason

Dylan: The vehicle is currently in D status, that would be correct information regarding the Rambox

Dylan: I do apologize for any inconveneince

Jason Blanchard: I am tracking the progress of 52 Rambox trucks in a forum for 5th gen rams. I'm the oldest order and all other trucks either have been built or in D1 status. Can you explain why I'm still in D? This doesn't seem right.

Jason Blanchard: Did my order get overlooked?

Dylan: Have you been provided a case number?>

Jason Blanchard: 3xxxxxxx

Dylan: understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery
for your new Ram Truck and I am here to assist you. Please know that the
all-new Ram 1500 production is still in a launch phase and timing will
vary depending on your unique, specific configuration.
With production ramp up and strong demand for the all-new Ram 1500, we
are experiencing longer than usual order to delivery times. Due to this,
there are delays in production of the RamBox Cargo Management System. We
are working to expedite your order as quickly as possible.
I will continue to track the status of your 2019 Ram 1500 order & will
provide email updates as they become available.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Jason Blanchard: Yes. That is in the body of the email I recieved.

Dylan: This would be the information we have been provided from our information center, they will be following up as soon as further updates are available

Jason Blanchard: Yes, but that does not explain why all other order with the exception of mine are either built or in D1. I'm stil lin D. If I could show you the information on my screen, I think you would agree that something is amiss.

Dylan: I can certainly note this on file for you and our information center will follow up

Jason Blanchard: Who can I follow up with to get better answers. I've been waiting for 4 months with no end in sight.

Dylan: Our information center would be the appropriate department to gather additional details, I will be updating your file that you are seeking follow up

Dylan: I do apologize for any inconvenience

Jason Blanchard: I understand that it is not your fault and I certainly lay no blame with you. However, I have been very patient and would certainly appreciate someone paying some attention to my inquiry and take a few moments to run down a more detailed and researched response.

Dylan: I am afraid we would not have access to this information at this time but will be documenting your request from the appropriate department Jason

Jason Blanchard: Do you have contact information for me to contact a department that may be of more detailed assistance?

Dylan: I am afraid they do not have contact information to provide but will follow up with you via email, you also do have the option to reply to the email that was sent out

Jason Blanchard: I see the link there and I certainly will follow that path. But a suggestion for improvement, FCA should properly equip you and your equals to better service its perspective new clients. This is unacceptable that there is no department available for us to get information on an order that we've placed for many thousands of dollars to not get a satisfactory update. Not your fault, but hopefully your superiors vew this message chain and find a way to improve your service delivery.

Dylan: I will certainly ensure this feedback is documented for you Jason

Jason Blanchard: This message chain will be published on 5thgenrams.com as an example of your companies efforts to service its clients. Thanks again for your help.
Looks like most of my chats!

Papa615

Reaction score
My Limited went to BUDD YARD on 8/22. Dealer spoke with RDM today who told him they are waiting on RamBoxes. When ask how long he said "Hopefully Soon"'

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How did you get yours moving through the process so fast? Hmmmmmmm, you must have some good connections. ;)
Maybe it's because I NEVER bothered Ram about it at all :) According to MOTS, mine has now left SHAP on a railcar and checked in at a station in Sterling (presumably en route to Texas).

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Maybe it's because I NEVER bothered Ram about it at all :) According to MOTS, mine has now left SHAP on a railcar and checked in at a station in Sterling (presumably en route to Texas).
I only chatted once for a few minutes and decided it was useless. The one call was just to confrm they found my VIN which the chat could not locate. The rest of the time I dealt with my dealer but they had less info and it was always incorrect anyway. MOTS saved my sanity.o_O

Tlsuzi

Reaction score
I'm a newbie order 7/11, I'm guessing late Sep./Oct unless they get their act together. My first Ram/Dodge product ever. Hopefully the Eyetalians hire some German, Japanese, Ford or GM guys. I'd rather wait and not go back for warranty work.
Yes

Tlsuzi

Reaction score
I have not looked at all the posts but do you think they do8ng the large dealers first, mine is one of the biggest in Atlanta, Texas was moving???

scottahaire

Reaction score
Hello,

If anyone can answer this question. I ordered my ram with ramboxes and it stated its in "I" for inspection (now for 8 days). Do the ram boxes get installed before or after inspection stage?

Thank you

Kaz

Reaction score
Nice to see movement on some of the orders... I placed my order with the dealer 5/1, dealer placed their order 5/4... truck went D1 on 7/1, then back to D on 8/15 or so... and no change since. Sitting at 113 days since order. My local General Manager called me last week stating he was told the truck had shipped but the buildsheet url and windowsticker url come back with errors still. 1C6SRFHTXKN595596... Lemon Replacement for the wife’s ‘16 Sport. Spoke with Ram Customer Care and KN595596 pulls up as another much older vehicle in their system. He has to put in an escalation ticket without a VIN references as it kept pulling up as the older vehicle and not my wife’s order. Thing whole process seems like a cluster-f&$k of epic proportions.

swamprabbit

Reaction score
Hello,

If anyone can answer this question. I ordered my ram with ramboxes and it stated its in "I" for inspection (now for 8 days). Do the ram boxes get installed before or after inspection stage?

Thank you

Scottahaire, you and I must be in the same boat( I mean the inspection phase) . We both have builds which include Ram boxes. Yours was built one day before mine and I also I'm just sitting there in the "I-Phase" waiting, waiting, waiting!!! It would be nice to know if the ramboxes are already installed or is that not the reason that we're not progressing any further along in the Build.

Users who are viewing this thread