5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Neocane

Reaction score
Falling into the category of “I’ll believe it when I see it”, my dealer called me Saturday to tell me our area rep told him SHAP is supposed to start fixing the RAMBOX trucks sitting in storage are now supposed to start getting finalized. Then on September 3rd my truck “should be” built. Not holding my breath.

Foxman

Reaction score
What happened to #1 and #2 on the tracking sheet? I know #1 was @Foxman. I can't remember who was #2. Both not on the sheet this morning????
Somebody applied a filter. I cleared it. If u guys see missing trucks, look for a funnel in the column header and select all and all is good.

swamprabbit

Reaction score
I got another sale for my existing truck locked in this weekend and this guy can wait until my new truck comes in so the pressure is off for me.

I still want my truck yesterday.

It seems like myself, 202snowman, Neocane, edrclark, Slim, and Edwards aren't seeing any love. We've got the oldest tracked rambox builds and all still in D. Swamprabbit ordered on 6/19 and is in Inspection...No offense to Swamprabbit, but just saying...

I don't know why I finally moved out ahead of some of you guys but I'm as anxious as you are however I'm not so anxious to want to receive a truck that still has problems , therefore I hope it stays in the inspection phase long enough to take care of all of those problems I have been reading about in the Ram forums.

Foxman

Reaction score
I don't know why I finally moved out ahead of some of you guys but I'm as anxious as you are however I'm not so anxious to want to receive a truck that still has problems , therefore I hope it stays in the inspection phase long enough to take care of all of those problems I have been reading about in the Ram forums.
I feel you man. I did the same last night. Yo adrian has been a busy guy working all these threads. Thanks for all you do here bud.
Looks like the major ones are, software issues with 12in display, ac issues on early builds, water leaks on sunroof drain grommet on early builds, some other water leaks on back glass corners, minor misc fit and finish issues, hood "floppy" issue on early builds.
Any I missed?
Seems most are being corrected but some still remain, most predominately, the screen lock ups and irradic behavior.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel you man. I did the same last night. Yo adrian has been a busy guy working all these threads. Thanks for all you do here bud.
Looks like the major ones are, software issues with 12in display, ac issues on early builds, water leaks on sunroof drain grommet on early builds, some other water leaks on back glass corners, minor misc fit and finish issues, hood "floppy" issue on early builds.
Any I missed?
Seems most are being corrected but some still remain, most predominately, the screen lock ups and irradic behavior.
Squeaky brakes and subwoofer induced rattles just about completes the list of trend items, but it is important to remember not everyone experiences these problems, and by highlighting them, taking them in to the service departments, and calmly but firmly insisting on resolution we will help Ram help us!

Consider this evolving list of trends simply part of your acceptance inspection BEFORE you drive your baby off the lot; stay optimistic but stay clear eyed about buying this beautiful new model-year vehicle.

Tlsuzi

Reaction score
I'm a newbie order 7/11, I'm guessing late Sep./Oct unless they get their act together. My first Ram/Dodge product ever. Hopefully the Eyetalians hire some German, Japanese, Ford or GM guys. I'd rather wait and not go back for warranty work.

Foxman

Reaction score
Squeaky brakes and subwoofer induced rattles just about completes the list of trend items, but it is important to remember not everyone experiences these problems, and by highlighting them, taking them in to the service departments, and calmly but firmly insisting on resolution we will help Ram help us!

Consider this evolving list of trends simply part of your acceptance inspection BEFORE you drive your baby off the lot; stay optimistic but stay clear eyed about buying this beautiful new model-year vehicle.

I personally think that if the subwoofer don't rattle stuff, it ain't loud enough!!! I'm encouraged by this!!! The HK system must be awesome!!:cool:

swamprabbit

Reaction score

I surely hope that the Ram care people who monitor this forum are listening & taking notes of all of these problems which have been discovered by the previous buyers with problem trucks and are passing that information on to the people responsible for fixing them on the production line so others will not be in the same situation when they finally receive theirs.

TCWoody

Reaction score
Interesting article here. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-production-hell-elon-musk. About how RAM is in production hell. Describes how the Sterling Heights Plant is behind schedule by 60%, even though they are running two 10 hour shifts seven days a week. They are trying to get production up from the current 1000/day to 1400/day. All the positive reviews by the media have got them swamped with orders. To try to meet the demand they are continuing to build the 2018's at the Warren Truck Plant till the end of the year. Interesting read and one more reason we are experiencing these long wait times for our trucks.

Foxman

Reaction score
Interesting article here. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-production-hell-elon-musk. About how RAM is in production hell. Describes how the Sterling Heights Plant is behind schedule by 60%, even though they are running two 10 hour shifts seven days a week. They are trying to get production up from the current 1000/day to 1400/day. All the positive reviews by the media have got them swamped with orders. To try to meet the demand they are continuing to build the 2018's at the Warren Truck Plant till the end of the year. Interesting read and one more reason we are experiencing these long wait times for our trucks.

I too found an article last night about this, but if you pay attention to the date, its back from May for the 60% number. I recently remember hearing that production was up to 85% but I don't recall where and I can't seem to find an article anywhere to back that figure up. I'm sure its improved since then, but don't know how much.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too found an article last night about this, but if you pay attention to the date, its back from May for the 60% number. I recently remember hearing that production was up to 85% but I don't recall where and I can't seem to find an article anywhere to back that figure up. I'm sure its improved since then, but don't know how much.
We are in the 15%!

TCWoody

Reaction score
T
Thanks Foxman. It is true that production has improved since this article was published but I think it is indicative of the inundation of orders and production shortages experienced by FCA . Also many of us placed our orders during this time frame. Great conversation, thanks again!

cjgerson

Reaction score

Foxman

Reaction score
T

Thanks Foxman. It is true that production has improved since this article was published but I think it is indicative of the inundation of orders and production shortages experienced by FCA . Also many of us placed our orders during this time frame. Great conversation, thanks again!

No Prob TCWoody!

I agree with you completely. I don't think they anticipated the positive press and order volume. Not to mention, introducing a large number of options while starting up a new plant from scratch, while maintaining an existing plant, and a whole bunch of newly untrained employees...What could go wrong with that???

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I think they knew they killed it with the interior, probably anticipated the exterior was going to have the typical moans and groans from new/old buyers...but I would think GM's flop really spoon fed them a tremendous amount of orders

Users who are viewing this thread