5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There you go that makes since, there is more to the problem than a parts shortage!!!
I agree and thought it was too. No one truly knows whats going on. FCA hasn't reeled a statement. Anyone commenting is just speculating.

jackson

Reaction score
Sorry Dude- The letter is going out to all the dealers according to my dealer's rep. There are over 2000 in a lot called " taylor auction site.". Check it out for yourself. Mine has been built since the 7th of July. It is sitting in JS status and has been moved to storage. The info I got was from the General Manager who called his rep.

jackson

Reaction score
There you go that makes since, there is more to the problem than a parts shortage!!!

Yes for sure. I guess the figure that we are all suckers. It makes me question, what else are they not happy with about the truck, and how did they ever let that many get built when they were grossly defective to begin with?

stubright

Reaction score
I know how you feel, mine was build on June 30th but is at the Budd storage facility in JS as well. Your info is the most plausible I have heard and makes the most since. The dealer I ordered from is clueless or lazy probably both!!

Foxman

Reaction score
I for one love my Ramboxes and will not buy a truck without them. I am glad they found the problem before shipping them out while they have the opportunity to get them right. When you start up a brand new plant to build a class leading truck among really good trucks like the Silverado and the F150, there are going to be issues big and small. We as customers, while it can be frustrating, have to understand that there are going to be issues early on.
While I agree, FCA can obviously do a better job in communicating the issue to us, in todays pre-judgemental world of CRAZY media outlets, they are probably a little apprehensive to draw any attention to any problems this early in the life of the new truck. ALL NEW PRODUCTION PLANTS HAVE PROBLEMS.

Now, for those of you like me that are dying to be riding around in their new RAM with the coveted Ramboxes, let's remember that us guys that are ordering $$$$ trucks, probably don't have to wait for most things that we want. We want a new fishing pole, we go get one...

Sometimes the anticipation of the prize makes the delivery feel a little bit sweeter!!! ....if you keep things in perspective...most of us are driving around ...in something right?

Just my $0.02.

jackson

Reaction score
Your attitude is positive and I think that's just dandy. The problem is, I was told to expect delivery in 8 weeks MAX. That amount of time is exactly how long it took me to get my present truck when I ordered it in 2013. So based upon that estimate, and my previous experience, I placed my order. Further, I asked three of my buddies if they would be interested in doing a cross country trip in it to bring it back to where I live. I specifically ordered the truck from a dealer where the guys lived so that we could pick it up and drive it back here. The guys got off work, made plans, spent time and energy and money on airline tickets etc, all to have me let them know that the trip was off because of no delivery of truck. Yes, I am driving a nice truck, and you are right, all of the second thought thinking on the part of FCA can indeed be a positive thing, but what a load of bull to pull on a customer, and further, screw the " not wanting to draw attention " to themselves. Don't offer RAMBOX as an option if you can not deliver it. Its really just that simple. Makes me wonder if they had an intern in charge of marketing and certainly they had a bafoon in charge of engineering. My hope is that whoever it is at RAM who can make a difference, actually will read these posts and DO SOMETHING!

stubright

Reaction score
I completely understand why you feel that way my self included. I'm 13 weeks in and still not shipped it will take close to 2 weeks to get to Houston once it ships. I would have been lucky to get it in 4-weeks. I'm driving a 2015 ford Platinum super crew I ordered and it took 10-weeks to get and ford spent made a billion dollars to completely convert to there new all aluminum truck. My truck has never been back for warranty work not once. I'm sure I am lucky but it can be done with the proper planning. Ram has had production problems since day one not including Ramboxes. Again I love the looks of the new Ram and hope everyone gets there's sooner than later with no issues!!!! Good Luck !!!

JXL118

Reaction score
So I finally decided that I'd throw my hat in the ring and go ahead with an order with RamBoxes and just wait it out. Since I plan on having the truck for at least the next 10 years I might as well get everything i want. Except now dealer (Dennis Dillon) is saying that they're not available for order and they don't know when they'll open back up.

cjgerson

Reaction score
I now have an estimated delivery date of 8/14 to 8/17. It is at the train station.

That's great news man!

With @BobbiBigWheels tracking I was able to determine that my truck will not be sent via rail at all. Going Budd Yard to Toledo VDC ( Vehicle Distribution Center) and then direct to my dealer. Got my fingers crossed that I hit KZ status in the next couple days and it does arrive at my dealer on the estimated 8/14 date he supplied

jackson

Reaction score
That's great news man!

With @BobbiBigWheels tracking I was able to determine that my truck will not be sent via rail at all. Going Budd Yard to Toledo VDC ( Vehicle Distribution Center) and then direct to my dealer. Got my fingers crossed that I hit KZ status in the next couple days and it does arrive at my dealer on the estimated 8/14 date he supplied

Budd yard is one of the storage yards....."more than 2000 trucks with Rambox will be reworked WHEN THEY FIND THE SOLUTION no ETA for delivery of those vehicles." ( they haven't yet ) Make your plans to wait until at least September or October.

stubright

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to see Ram is not taking any new Rambox orders , sounds like they already have there hands full. They will eventually get it straightened out and right but it might take them a while they just need to figure out how to communicate that to there customers. If they tell you it is a 5 month delivery than fine then it's your choice to order but at least you know upfront what is going on.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how this pans out, because it contradicts an internal memo I saw yesterday stating production would be ramping up the week of August 13th. I wouldn't think they would say that if this is the case. I hope not anyways.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Budd yard is one of the storage yards....."more than 2000 trucks with Rambox will be reworked WHEN THEY FIND THE SOLUTION no ETA for delivery of those vehicles." ( they haven't yet ) Make your plans to wait until at least September or October.

Sgk and Kramersp just hit KZ status and where both at the Budd Yard. In fact Kramersp just went to a VDC waiting to be loaded onto a train. If have confidence FCA will get some of these trucks out just as @JRS200x noted a few days back

Mercury250 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: N/A
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 05/18/2018
Estimated delivery: 08/13/2018 - 08/17/2018
Built pending inspection: 07/06/2018 Hour 21
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/12/18 09:39:00 AM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/26/18 02:20:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/26/18 03:51:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/27/18 06:12:00 AM BUDD YARD OFFSITE
Production Status KZ Received 07/31/18 12:00:00 AM
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 08/02/18 09:15:00 PM BUDD YARD
Delivered to Storage/Transfer Yard 08/02/18 10:47:00 PM NEW BOSTON, MI VDC

jackson

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how this pans out, because it contradicts an internal memo I saw yesterday stating production would be ramping up the week of August 13th. I wouldn't think they would say that if this is the case. I hope not anyways.
That is an OLD memo. I had been told that three weeks ago. The Area Rep told my dealer general manager today that a letter would be going out to all the dealers stating that the ramboxs that have been built will all be reworked prior to shipping the trucks. They have no ETA as to when the solution to the problem will be engineered, and thus, no ETA on when the trucks will be delivered to dealers-customers. Expect a LONG delay........

Foxman

Reaction score
That is an OLD memo. I had been told that three weeks ago. The Area Rep told my dealer general manager today that a letter would be going out to all the dealers stating that the ramboxs that have been built will all be reworked prior to shipping the trucks. They have no ETA as to when the solution to the problem will be engineered, and thus, no ETA on when the trucks will be delivered to dealers-customers. Expect a LONG delay........

Hey Jackson, do you work for Ford or Chevy??? LOL!!! Just kidding man...your killing me!

jackson

Reaction score
Sgk and Kramersp just hit KZ status and where both at the Budd Yard. In fact Kramersp just went to a VDC waiting to be loaded onto a train. If have confidence FCA will get some of these trucks out just as @JRS200x noted a few days back

Mercury250 (Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: N/A
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 05/18/2018
Estimated delivery: 08/13/2018 - 08/17/2018
Built pending inspection: 07/06/2018 Hour 21
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/12/18 09:39:00 AM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/26/18 02:20:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/26/18 03:51:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/27/18 06:12:00 AM BUDD YARD OFFSITE
Production Status KZ Received 07/31/18 12:00:00 AM
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 08/02/18 09:15:00 PM BUDD YARD
Delivered to Storage/Transfer Yard 08/02/18 10:47:00 PM NEW BOSTON, MI VDC

" the ramboxes that have been built ( and mine is one of them ) are ALL going to be reworked. That was the word from the area rep TODAY 8 3 2018. according to the rep " there are more than 2000 trucks in storage waiting for the rework to be engineered, and then all trucks will be reworked prior to shipping."

jackson

Reaction score
Hey Jackson, do you work for Ford or Chevy??? LOL!!! Just kidding man...your killing me!
No, I just don't take no for an answer and I am disgusted with RAM for allowing this to happen. Ideally, they would have thought this whole thing through BEFORE they let guys like us invest time, money and energy in a product that they actually DO NOT HAVE AVAILABLE FOR SALE They accepted all our orders and they can't deliver the product. False advertising for sure, lawsuits on their way!

Foxman

Reaction score
Depending on the issue, that may not be so bad. Let's say you get 10 guys installing the lock mechanisms(if that's the part), Each could do 10 per day( or so.) 20 days and your done with all of them.
Again, without any data, its hard to say. But the estimate that I got from my dealership on Monday says that they would be good around 8/13 or 8/14.

jackson

Reaction score
Depending on the issue, that may not be so bad. Let's say you get 10 guys installing the lock mechanisms(if that's the part), Each could do 10 per day( or so.) 20 days and your done with all of them.
Again, without any data, its hard to say. But the estimate that I got from my dealership on Monday says that they would be good around 8/13 or 8/14.

" The trucks will be taken back to the factory to be reworked " Sounds time consuming to me....just saying

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I for one love my Ramboxes and will not buy a truck without them. I am glad they found the problem before shipping them out while they have the opportunity to get them right. When you start up a brand new plant to build a class leading truck among really good trucks like the Silverado and the F150, there are going to be issues big and small. We as customers, while it can be frustrating, have to understand that there are going to be issues early on.
While I agree, FCA can obviously do a better job in communicating the issue to us, in todays pre-judgemental world of CRAZY media outlets, they are probably a little apprehensive to draw any attention to any problems this early in the life of the new truck. ALL NEW PRODUCTION PLANTS HAVE PROBLEMS.

Now, for those of you like me that are dying to be riding around in their new RAM with the coveted Ramboxes, let's remember that us guys that are ordering $$$$ trucks, probably don't have to wait for most things that we want. We want a new fishing pole, we go get one...

Sometimes the anticipation of the prize makes the delivery feel a little bit sweeter!!! ....if you keep things in perspective...most of us are driving around ...in something right?

Just my $0.02.

Foxman for President. Great perspective my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread