5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

glennf14

Reaction score
What are you guys using to search? I used the ramtrucks.com new inventory search and didn't come up with any Rambox trucks within 150 miles of New Orleans.
Just want to be sure I'm using the right resource.
I’m near Raleigh and it found 5, all “in transit” obviously. So there aren’t many of them but they are starting to pop up on the search tool at least.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I went to 2 different dealers today and got the same info as @jackson.

Huge backup at the factory and all the trucks (even in KZ) will not ship anytime soon due to Rambox problems.

Rambox ordering has been closed for weeks and will not reopen until the end of this month at the earliest.

There is not a single Rambox equipped truck at any dealership in the country and in transit does not mean it has left Detroit yet.

There will be a teleconference next Wednesday to advise dealers of any updates but don't expect any Ramboxes to reach dealers until the end of September at the earliest.

I hope this info is wrong because my truck has been built and is sitting there in the elements. I am furious that they took my deposit and made promises that FCA has broken. I hope some of you guys in KZ actually get your trucks as you were told so that there may be hope for the rest of us.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to 2 different dealers today and got the same info as @jackson.

Huge backup at the factory and all the trucks (even in KZ) will not ship anytime soon due to Rambox problems.

Rambox ordering has been closed for weeks and will not reopen until the end of this month at the earliest.

There is not a single Rambox equipped truck at any dealership in the country and in transit does not mean it has left Detroit yet.

There will be a teleconference next Wednesday to advise dealers of any updates but don't expect any Ramboxes to reach dealers until the end of September at the earliest.

I hope this info is wrong because my truck has been built and is sitting there in the elements. I am furious that they took my deposit and made promises that FCA has broken. I hope some of you guys in KZ actually get your trucks as you were told so that there may be hope for the rest of us.

Hopefully thats not correct but the fact that this has now been said by a few dealers certainly makes it more plausible. I'm sure we will know more soon.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
According to my dealer, in transit does not mean it has left Detroit. It could be invoiced (KZ) but sitting in a storage facility. Marmie Chrysler claims the truck is there but right below it says vehicle is in transit so obviously they are not being very honest with the bigger print.
I hope I have bad info but I have a bad feeling it is correct and it will be weeks or longer.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to my dealer, in transit does not mean it has left Detroit. It could be invoiced (KZ) but sitting in a storage facility. Marmie Chrysler claims the truck is there but right below it says vehicle is in transit so obviously they are not being very honest with the bigger print.
I hope I have bad info but I have a bad feeling it is correct and it will be weeks or longer.
I was trying to tell everyone this yesterday. KZ, KZ-L, KZ-P is not in transit. KZ-M etc is but others not going to say names wanted to disagree.

sgk

Reaction score
so whats your prediction alacombe, a week or 2 or a month or 2?

Boatjockey

Reaction score
so whats your prediction alacombe, a week or 2 or a month or 2?
If my math is right, based on various info, it may be middle to end of October if all goes as planned. However, not much has gone right with this new vehicle intro so I think that for Ramboxes this may be a very optimistic view.

I was told end of this month Rambox production should resume but Jared B provided some good technical info about the tooling / thermoforming process which would make it at a minimum of 6 weeks, plus testing and validating (no idea what the process is like), plus swapping the Ramboxes out of our trucks, plus shipping the trucks to the dealers.
Adding it all up makes this a very long wait for us. Once again, I hope I am wrong.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If my math is right, based on various info, it may be middle to end of October if all goes as planned. However, not much has gone right with this new vehicle intro so I think that for Ramboxes this may be a very optimistic view.

I was told end of this month Rambox production should resume but Jared B provided some good technical info about the tooling / thermoforming process which would make it at a minimum of 6 weeks, plus testing and validating (no idea what the process is like), plus swapping the Ramboxes out of our trucks, plus shipping the trucks to the dealers.
Adding it all up makes this a very long wait for us. Once again, I hope I am wrong.

One thing to keep in mind is that the process of making new molds could have already happened, so that 6 weeks might not be applicable. Also I believe Kramers truck just got a ship date, keep in mind they have been holding back Rambox trucks for awhile now, I would be hesitant to believe that they held them back for so long (likely for inspections), then gave a ship date and then decided that everything was screwed.

I'm not trying to discredit what @Boatjockey or @jackson are saying, the fact that they both heard the same thing makes it make more sense to me but we still don't know the whole story. Maybe this all started long ago which is why so many Rambox trucks were held up for so long, that would make sense to me since they all seemed to stall at the Mopar shop or Body Vendor, where these types of issues would be fixed.

I'm not saying to take this info as fact, I'm also not saying to discredit it, but we don't know the whole story, it might be early to panic yet. And yes this whole Rambox fiasco has been a disaster and I feel your guys pain that have gone through it.

sgk

Reaction score
I was really hoping before snow fell so I hope even your right with Oct.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are you guys using to search? I used the ramtrucks.com new inventory search and didn't come up with any Rambox trucks within 150 miles of New Orleans.
Just want to be sure I'm using the right resource.

I usually use ramtrucks.com but got tired of the 150 radius. So I went to cars.com and did a nationwide search of rams with the keyword search “rambox”. About 15 pulled up as of yesterday afternoon. Then I follow up on those trucks listed to make sure the window sticker actually has ramboxes.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that the process of making new molds could have already happened, so that 6 weeks might not be applicable. Also I believe Kramers truck just got a ship date, keep in mind they have been holding back Rambox trucks for awhile now, I would be hesitant to believe that they held them back for so long (likely for inspections), then gave a ship date and then decided that everything was screwed.

I'm not trying to discredit what @Boatjockey or @jackson are saying, the fact that they both heard the same thing makes it make more sense to me but we still don't know the whole story. Maybe this all started long ago which is why so many Rambox trucks were held up for so long, that would make sense to me since they all seemed to stall at the Mopar shop or Body Vendor, where these types of issues would be fixed.

I'm not saying to take this info as fact, I'm also not saying to discredit it, but we don't know the whole story, it might be early to panic yet. And yes this whole Rambox fiasco has been a disaster and I feel your guys pain that have gone through it.

Back when I worked for a living, when doing initial prototypes, we would soft tool the molded parts, then convert to hard tooled molded parts for volume manufacturing. It was always supposed to be a seamless transition. Unfortunately it was not always the case. This is pure speculation, but that could be what is happening. If you want to know the difference between soft and hard tooled, google it.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I usually use ramtrucks.com but got tired of the 150 radius. So I went to cars.com and did a nationwide search of rams with the keyword search “rambox”. About 15 pulled up as of yesterday afternoon. Then I follow up on those trucks listed to make sure the window sticker actually has ramboxes.

Any of the ones you found look like @Kramersp truck :LOL:

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Reaction score
Kramersp, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. But... if you do get your truck, you will have to take a cross country trip, to take all of us waiting for ours for a ride.

Clipsmeyer

Reaction score
mine is back to D as of 8/2 per the ram chat. I was D1 7/12.

Foxman

Reaction score
I think everybody's truck will be here in time for Christmas!!! Ho Ho Ho!!!!
What if RAM gave us $1000 off our trucks...that would make the Ramboxes free right?

D

Deleted member 85

If it's an consolation -

Within 3000 kms of Vancouver British Columbia there isn't a single RamBox equipped 2019 even in-transit.

Users who are viewing this thread