5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

sgk

Reaction score
That's great news man!

With @BobbiBigWheels tracking I was able to determine that my truck will not be sent via rail at all. Going Budd Yard to Toledo VDC ( Vehicle Distribution Center) and then direct to my dealer. Got my fingers crossed that I hit KZ status in the next couple days and it does arrive at my dealer on the estimated 8/14 date he supplied
are you now tracking with both? if so do you notice a difference?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm talking to one of my friends that works in the injection/thermo formingindustry. He is the same one that tipped me off that the original Rambox component supplier went belly up. That is starting to make a lot more sense as a reason because the Ramboxes would have been throroughly tested before being offered up for production. As I mentioned previously if they had to switch suppliers the components would have to be re-validated. If this information is correct I believe that then means that the components from the new supplier failed validation. These are his thoughts on the situation.

"If what is being posted in true it sound like a process change which mean tooling is involved."

"Want my next guess… that it is both.
That they are having to run the Mold slow and carefully. That the inventory of prerun components are crap. So they are sorting and running slowly. Too slowly to fill orders. While at the same time looking for another supplier OR changing to Injection molds."
"One thing to consider is even rushed a injection molded tool is 16 weeks. Thermo formed 6 weeks."

If this is the case, it could be awhile.

stubright

Reaction score
I don't think the folks will be working outside in a storage yard fixing the Rambox trucks. Going to be a longer process that that!!!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely it would be done at a Satellite shop if there is one nearby. Taking them back to SHAP would be more time/expense and then hold up new production at SHAP as well.

sgk

Reaction score
What are you saying it will be Dec-Jan now

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was on a HIGH note when I left the house this morning and now after reading all this I am on a LOW note.

I got no clue what to believe anymore

Kramersp

Reaction score
My opinion of Ram' s sloppy amateur rollout hasn't changed. But it's like some people on this forum are blind or dont want to pay attention. They ARE making rambox equipped trucks. Has supply caught up with demand? No. Is there rework? Probably. But I tell you what, mine probably isnt the first to be shipped. And it will be here in a little over a week if shipping goes as scheduled. That means there are trucks that have passed inspection. I'm a huge critic of the circus that this rollout has been but I'm just looking at the proof now. These rumors are getting out of hand.

Kramersp

Reaction score
People just need to make judgement based on the facts at hand and not rumors.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion of Ram' s sloppy amateur rollout hasn't changed. But it's like some people on this forum are blind or dont want to pay attention. They ARE making rambox equipped trucks. Has supply caught up with demand? No. Is there rework? Probably. But I tell you what, mine probably isnt the first to be shipped. And it will be here in a little over a week if shipping goes as scheduled. That means there are trucks that have passed inspection. I'm a huge critic of the circus that this rollout has been but I'm just looking at the proof now. These rumors are getting out of hand.

Agree! 3 that have correct window stickers and are in transit

https://www.marmiechrysler.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-Great-Bend-f81908840a0e0ae72a93823ea30eccd3.htm

https://www.dickscountrydodge.com/n...o-oregon-f809661c0a0e0aea39300616b88919c6.htm

https://www.donmiller.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-f811a8e80a0e0ae72a93823e2bfcdacb.htm

glennf14

Reaction score
Last edited:

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So not fair, one of those is almost in my backyard and I did not see it:mad:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what im reading is "I'll send pics as soon as this truck arrives!!" :cool:

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, odd thing, that one did not show up on my ram inventory search, are you using something else?

Foxman

Reaction score
What are you guys using to search? I used the ramtrucks.com new inventory search and didn't come up with any Rambox trucks within 150 miles of New Orleans.
Just want to be sure I'm using the right resource.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Sorry Dude- The letter is going out to all the dealers according to my dealer's rep. There are over 2000 in a lot called " taylor auction site.". Check it out for yourself. Mine has been built since the 7th of July. It is sitting in JS status and has been moved to storage. The info I got was from the General Manager who called his rep.
I actually got the same info from 2 different dealers today

Users who are viewing this thread