5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

TalibanHater

Reaction score
FYI. A local dealer in Phoenix told me Friday that new Rambox orders are on hold, probably through August.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Just a heads up to those folks like Kramer whose vehicles are sitting in the New Boston lot waiting for transport. That lot is located directly under the approach / departure path of the Detroit airport main runways. You may want to check your paint when your vehicle arrives. Prolonged exposure to jet fuel / fumes may not be very good for the vehicle.
I live right next to NAS Pax River. Jets over the house/ parking lot (I work there) daily. Paint is fine.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I live right next to NAS Pax River. Jets over the house/ parking lot (I work there) daily. Paint is fine.
No problem. You are fortunate. There is plenty of evidence out there about what I posted but each person is entitled to come to their own conclusion.

Kramersp

Reaction score
No problem. You are fortunate. There is plenty of evidence out there about what I posted but each person is entitled to come to their own conclusion.
I'm just saying that I live right next to an active airfield flying fighters, big jets, ect all the time and there hasn't been any complaints or issues with ANYONE's vehicle as far as I'm aware. I've lived here for almost 3 years and my vehicles stay in the driveway. Also a few dealerships here too.

Kramersp

Reaction score
And if my truck's paint was negatively affected by being next to an airport, then I'm not buying it because the paint quality would be garbage and it will never survive 10 years of Minnesota winters.

Kramersp

Reaction score
It would also mean that FCA is a "special kind of stupid" if they were staging their trucks in an area that they knew would damage the paint on their products.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would also mean that FCA is a "special kind of stupid"...

I think at one point or another every manufacturer has been described that way. FCA's launch of the 5th Gen Ram, parts shortages, lack of ability to deliver their flagship eTorque and Ram box trucks and the list goes on. Parking stock in a lot with the potential to damage vehicles... a slight oversight in comparison. ;)

Kramersp

Reaction score
I think at one point or another every manufacturer has been described that way. FCA's launch of the 5th Gen Ram, parts shortages, lack of ability to deliver their flagship eTorque and Ram box trucks and the list goes on. Parking stock in a lot with the potential to damage vehicles... a slight oversight in comparison. ;)
True. But I doubt this lot just started being used.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I wasn't able to get a build order in with Ramboxes. The dealer gave me the reason i shared.
Yea. I was messin around. Rumors and BS excuses fly around dealers like crazy too.

Marusho

Reaction score
2019 Rebel with E-Torque, Ramboxes, Bed Utility Group, Level 2 Equipment Group Trailer Brake Control, 33 gallon fuel tank, Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection. Ordered on 5-10-18. VIN assigned 6-5-18. D1 status 6-21-18. Finished production to body shop 7-21-18. Finished body shop and to invoicing 8-2-18. Now awaiting shipment from Sterling Heights, MI.
------------------------------------------------------
I too ordered a truck with E-Torque, Ramboxes, and lots of other stuff (Longhorn) on 5-10-18. Mine went into D1 on 6-16-18 but hasn't moved as of 8-5-18. I call weekly and my call on 8-3-18 yielded the information that trucks with Ramboxes are a low priority and they are only producing 10/week. You can count yourself lucky. You also give me hope that my order with similar timing may be built in time.

Kramersp

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------
I too ordered a truck with E-Torque, Ramboxes, and lots of other stuff (Longhorn) on 5-10-18. Mine went into D1 on 6-16-18 but hasn't moved as of 8-5-18. I call weekly and my call on 8-3-18 yielded the information that trucks with Ramboxes are a low priority and they are only producing 10/week. You can count yourself lucky. You also give me hope that my order with similar timing may be built in time.
That "10 per week" isnt because of priority, it is because of supplier issues.

sgk

Reaction score
You still confident your Ram will ship this week even after 48+ hours of inactivity on Mots?

Kramersp

Reaction score
You still confident your Ram will ship this week even after 48+ hours of inactivity on Mots?
I had activity yesterday. It'll ship this week. I had ingate/rebay on the 3rd.

Dads Ram

Reaction score
FCA told me 10 per day, not 10 per week on two separate occasions. Shows you how reliable what they are telling us really is. The good news is misery loves company, I am "only" 44 days in "D". Btw - Hi everyone, my first post here, glad to find I am not alone.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I wasn't able to get a build order in with Ramboxes. The dealer gave me the reason i shared.
Just as a data point for any interested, I was able to order a Rambox Laramie on 8/3... but I’m still waiting for my VON so we’ll see if it actually goes through.

Duane

Reaction score
I had activity yesterday. It'll ship this week. I had ingate/rebay on the 3rd.

We are pulling for you.
If yours successfully flies the coup, then maybe they'll cut mine lose from 'JS ' (Day # 16, today).

Duane

Reaction score
Just as a data point for any interested, I was able to order a Rambox Laramie on 8/3... but I’m still waiting for my VON so we’ll see if it actually goes through.

The on-line configurator presently does not indicate RamBox option is on hold, so that certainly sounds plausible.

JXL118

Reaction score
Please let us know if this goes thru. I told my salesman I understand they're delayed and I'm willing to wait but was told they're simply not available for order.

Users who are viewing this thread