5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
got a new version of ram chat this afternoon. perhaps a bit more honest, but still lacking in any information

Amber: Thank you, I can see there has been an updated on your case:

Vehicle was ordered with the RamBox Cargo Management System which is
causing delays due to a shortage in parts. We would encourage consumer to
contact us back in 2-3 weeks for an update as there is not ETA available
at this time.
chatEndUserMessage.png
ed clark: so I guess that leaves me still in D status?
chatAgent.png
Amber: It is still in D, however once it enters the build it will go through fairly quickly.
chatEndUserMessage.png
ed clark: ok, thanks
chatAgent.png
Amber: You're welcome, Ed. Have a great day!

I just checked in to Ram Chat as well. 1st time I have got this from them...

Amber: I can see your order is in the scheduling stage, due to a material shortage from the supplier we are only building 10 trucks a day that include the RamBox. This is causing a delay in these orders. I would recommend checking back in 1-2 weeks for an update.

Poor Amber! @edclark and me on the same day LOL

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I found out you can use the key fob to remotely lock/unlock the Rambox as well.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And yes its dirty lol.
Your idea of dirty and my idea of dirty are very different...
Congrats, what a beauty! I was very close to doing exactly what you did, and what @JXL118 is trying to figure out too.

I really want to see some of your orders start moving. I'm sitting on the fence right now about placing an order with RamBoxes. They are part of what drew me to checking out the Ram but I need a new truck before this winter. Every body who has them seems to love them with the only complaint I've really seen being if you have a fifth wheel which isn't an issue for me. I know I'll kick myself if i don't order them and in a week or two all the backed up orders break free and start moving. I also know I'll be pissed if i order them and don't get my truck before the middle of December which seems like a really long ways off but isn't much past 16 weeks. What would you do?
So just to share what I decided to do and why... when my salesman claimed “8 weeks” I ordered a stacked BigHorn w Ramboxes in June, then learned of the production delay and ambiguous timeline. I also haven’t had Ramboxes - they just make so much sense... but how long is too long to wait? Was VERY close last week to cancelling the Ramboxes and doing without.

Just today after hearing FCA finally start to admit to the Rambox delays and offer a plausible sounding timeline I decided to believe them (my decision, I might be proven wrong we’ll see), and hope that the trucks start arriving in September. Clearly no guarantees here, but based on these assumptions, I upgraded to the Laramie (should have been there to begin with), included Ramboxes, and started my order clock over!

Another factor, 1st of the month: Happy incentive day, Laramie incentives went up from $1000 to $3000 off for my region. Check with your dealers!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I just checked in to Ram Chat as well. 1st time I have got this from them...

Amber: I can see your order is in the scheduling stage, due to a material shortage from the supplier we are only building 10 trucks a day that include the RamBox. This is causing a delay in these orders. I would recommend checking back in 1-2 weeks for an update.

Poor Amber! @edclark and me on the same day LOL

Remember how I was saying they were having supplier issues? ;) Good that Ram is letting people know now.

Duane

Reaction score
Remember how I was saying they were having supplier issues? ;) Good that Ram is letting people know now.

I trust that you guys are aware that 'Amber' is only a computer. Almost all of these "live chats" that are on business websites are simply pre-programmed computers...no kidding.
Folks have ongoing conversations with them & exchange pleasantries; really remarkable.

TalibanHater

Reaction score
I trust that you guys are aware that 'Amber' is only a computer. Almost all of these "live chats" that are on business websites are simply pre-programmed computers...no kidding.
Folks have ongoing conversations with them & exchange pleasantries; really remarkable.

Amber has nice ones and zeros if people like her.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had so many coversations the past 12 weeks but I just found it funny we had the same Ram chat person name the same day. Computer or real just trying to find some humor in my situation!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
posted a link to the spread sheet as a sticky under the ordering information thread

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ramboxes have begun shipping etc, all the "built" trucks are being completed and those still in D/D1 will start moving now as well, albeit slowly until they get through all the trucks already built that are still needing the parts. They expect all the delays to be cleared up by the end of August, so fear not, your trucks are coming. Anyone in JS should now have a new estimated SHIP DATE, not delivery date, they never give a delivery date as they can't control the carriers...
Do you have an example of one that has been shipped?

Users who are viewing this thread